Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 07:09 PM   #1
goblue1969
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100t
Carrier: verizon
Default Resetting BES user

Please Login to Remove!

I am having LOTS of issues with my 7100t and I really want to start completely over with the phone, butI am having a hard time doing so. After I wipe the phone using Javaloader and reload the OS, an Enterprise Activation occurs. During the Ent Activation phase, everything is downloaded back to my phone from BES -- including my speed dial list, the order of my icons on the home page, which icons are hidden, preferred theme, etc.

Ideally, I want to start over like a brand new user on BES and not have all of these things downloaded whenever I do an Ent Activation. My company's BES administrator is not really up to speed on all of the BES functions. Is there a way to "reset" a user to blow away all of the applications and application data that is part of a BES account?

Thx in advance.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:26 PM   #2
dev
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800
Carrier: Rogers

Is this a Domino BES system or an Exchange BES system?
For Domino, the administrator would have to delete your account on the BES server and re-add your account after that. As part of "Good General House Keeping" the user state database should also be removed from the BES folder on the Domino server.
When that's done, run App loader and remove/erase all apps and data (especially data) from the device. Reload apps. Perform EA or simply use the Desktop Manager to shorten the activation process.
If you are using an Exchange server the removal of the account is still relevant and the device wipe/load process. However their may be other files/folders in Exchange that would need examining as well to prevent the re-loading of old data/configs.
Old 05-17-2005, 09:28 PM   #3
corey@12mile
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: lots
Carrier: Rogers

Turn off the autobackup on the BES server for yourself. You have to do it for each application in your user properties. Set a new activation password for yourself and wipe your handheld.

cd.
Old 05-18-2005, 01:05 PM   #4
rsun
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8320
Carrier: at&t/T-Mobile/Verizon

When we've done this, we've just always just deleted the user completely and then re-added it.
Closed Thread