BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 03:47 PM   #1
tcusta00
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800c
Carrier: AT&T
Default Viigo - New release questions (ver. 2.2.53)

Please Login to Remove!

Anyone notice that when you open an article in the browser now from the latest Viigo release that it will change the page through it's own site to appear "better" in the BB browser? The new URL has a subfolder called "phonifier". Personally I don't like it, especially when trying to open BBF articles.

Any ideas on how to turn this off? I'd like the HTML page displayed when I click that link.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:40 PM   #2
jddphd
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: Orange FR

you can turn it off by using FreeRange Communications
Old 07-28-2007, 01:00 PM   #3
tcusta00
Thumbs Must Hurt

Can you elaborate please? This looks like just another RSS reader. I'd like to keep using Viigo and turn off the option in there.
Old 07-28-2007, 02:07 PM   #4
rivviepop
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8320
PIN: n/a
Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcusta00 View Post
Any ideas on how to turn this off? I'd like the HTML page displayed when I click that link.
I think this is what you want:

Menu -> Options -> Application -> Optimize Article Links: Disable Optimization

I don't use Viigo regularly but I upgraded and this looks like the new setting you're after, I haven't actually tested if it's what you want though...
Old 07-28-2007, 02:08 PM   #5
rivviepop

Quote:
Can you elaborate please? This looks like just another RSS reader. I'd like to keep using Viigo and turn off the option in there.
Ignore him/her, they weren't actually trying to help - just being sarcastic. There's a lot of that floating around the forums...
Old 07-28-2007, 04:13 PM   #6
tcusta00
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivviepop View Post
Ignore him/her, they weren't actually trying to help - just being sarcastic. There's a lot of that floating around the forums...
Yeah, I've seen asinine counterproductive behavior somewhere before, rivviepop....it's coming back to me... Oh yeah, I think it was decades ago in grade school.

I do thank you for your help though - that was exactly what I needed. I suppose reading the user manual would have told me that, but men and instruction books don't mix!!

For the record, jddphd, I've tried both programs and prefer viigo, which is why I'm using it. If you prefer the other, don't read/respond to viigo posts unless you're gonna be helpful. Inasmuch as you may think it is, it's not cute. If you *really* think the program you use is better, next time just suggest that (outright) and tell me why - don't waste my time.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:26 PM   #7
rivviepop

Quote:
I do thank you for your help though - that was exactly what I needed. I suppose reading the user manual would have told me that, but men and instruction books don't mix!!
There's a manual? All I do is start pushing buttons until something that looks reasonable pops out, I have that adverse (allergic?) reaction to reading manuals too. I guess that makes me a REAL man.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:29 AM   #8
tcusta00
Thumbs Must Hurt

lol - I suppose I have some learning to do... but when i just press buttons blindly I end up breaking something though!
Old 08-01-2007, 06:03 PM   #9
tcusta00
Thumbs Must Hurt

AHHHH - I've lost Viigo!! I was having some issues with the new release of Viigo so I uninstalled it from my BB and reset. Went to mobile.virtualreach.com and clicked on "Download Viigo" and it tells me it isn't available for my device and I should download NewsClip instead. I tried two more battery pulls and same thing.

Can anyone help? What's the deal? I've been using Viigo for at least a month on this same device.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:22 PM   #10
rivviepop

Send this URL to your phone & open:

http://downloads.virtualreach.com/viigo/vr/bb/ViigoSE/ViigoSE.jad

edit: de-urlifying on forum

Last edited by rivviepop; 08-01-2007 at 06:24 PM.. Reason: de-urlify
Old 08-01-2007, 06:52 PM   #11
tcusta00
Thumbs Must Hurt

Wow, You know all, rivviepop! Thanks a million, worked like a charm. I started having Viigo withdrawals for a minute there and I was less than an hour without it. That's bad, isn't it?

Old 08-01-2007, 06:56 PM   #12
tcusta00
Thumbs Must Hurt

Incidentally, I'm subscribed to the RSS (2)
(blackberryforums.com/external.php?type=rss2) for BBF - it hasn't gotten a new article since 7:49 this morning - all of my other feeds are updating fine. even trying to force an update isn't working - it "thinks" for a few seconds and then doesn't end up downloading anything new. rivviepop again??
Old 08-01-2007, 07:09 PM   #13
rivviepop

Quote:
Wow, You know all, rivviepop! Thanks a million, worked like a charm. I started having Viigo withdrawals for a minute there and I was less than an hour without it. That's bad, isn't it?
You're welcome -- I email all the direct JAD install links to myself then mark them Save, it makes it really easy to check in on upgrades every now and then for all my OTA goodies. Screw digging around on some mobile website for the right link, easier to just know what it is directly.

re BBF: I don't use ViigoSE really, it's installed but rarely run. I use the FreeRange RSS Reader instead, I think it's a superior product. $0.02 USD (I have a free license for being a tester/bug reporter for FreeRange, so they're equal to me in terms of cost). I would suspect a temporary glitch in the VirtualReach servers, try again in a bit.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:43 PM   #14
tcusta00
Thumbs Must Hurt

Yeah, that's a pricy solution to me, and the free account obviously limits you (I currently have 25+ feeds on Viigo). It looks pretty nice and I'd probably be using it if it were free, too!
Old 08-01-2007, 08:14 PM   #15
rivviepop

Yup, nothing wrong with ViigoSE (didn't mean it to sound that way), they're both good applications. But as usual one is going to be "better" than the other based on your personal biases. I keep Viigo installed because it's a fine product and worth having on my device.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:32 PM   #16
tcusta00
Thumbs Must Hurt

No worries, you didn't sound that way. I'm just cheap when it comes to my BB apps is all! Off-topic, but the only one I'll consider paying for is documents to go when it comes out later this year. But like you said, everyone has biases and some are willing to pay for what others aren't... Or else these companies wouldn't be selling!
Closed Thread