PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default Pocketmac Not Recognizing 8100

Please Login to Remove!

Okie here is what I have:

Phone: BB 8100 on Rogers
Platform: 4.5.0.102
Computer: MacBook 13" OS X Version 10.5.7

I have also installed pocketmac, as well as the driver update once I started having problems.

I am having problems getting Pocketmac to recognize my BB. I have gone through the steps suggested on two pages (however, I cannot post the links because I don't have 10 posts... but their titles are:
1. pocketmac software is unable to connect to the blackberry device during synchronization - from the blackberryforums.com Australian site).
2. Pocket Mac error - from the blackberry.com support forums

I have run through all the steps there and can confirm that the BB is connected and the computer is recognizing the BB because the Blackberry Media Sync software pops up once I connect the phone to the USB.

I can deduce that the Pocketmac software is not recognizing my phone because when I open PM, then click on the BB icon (beside the .mac icon), there is no device listed. When you go through the PM for BB manual.pdf it shows "Blackberry <then your pin>" should show up.

So, what am I doing wrong, or is it a software issue?

Any suggestions would help, I'm super frustrated and would like to have this issue resolved.

Thanks,
RV
Old 08-19-2009, 08:33 AM   #2
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

PocketMac (and all other Mac/BlackBerry solutions for that matter) is a poor solution for anyone with a newer Intel-based Mac. Some folks have more luck with Mark/Space's Missing Sync, but that's no guarantee either. I have had great success with PocketMac, but then I'm using it on an older G4 PowerMac.

* Make sure you're not connecting through a USB hub. Direct connection into the computer only.

* Start PocketMac after your BlackBerry is connected and the media card has mounted to the desktop like a regular removable drive.

* Try a different USB port on your Mac.

In another month we get the long-awaited Mac version of the standard BlackBerry Desktop Software. This could be as important to Mac users as Microsoft's Office for Mac. Until that piece of software comes out, Mac syncing is going to remain a hit-or-miss proposition.
Closed Thread