Old 06-24-2011, 10:26 AM   #1
arlopeznieto

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Outlook Outbox folders not visible

Please Login to Remove!

Hello Forum,

I have a bold 9700 that is setup with my company's exchange. An Enterprise service or account (i don't know how it's called, i'm new to blackberry).

The thing is that i CAN see all the folders in my inbox, but i CAN'T see the folders in my outbox/sent messages.

I want to see the all the folders from my inbox & outbox in my blackberry.

Please help me,

Thanks
Old 06-24-2011, 10:33 AM   #2
pepelepieux
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: ATT
Default Re: Outlook Outbox folders not visible

I believe from the Blackberry Enterprise Server, you have to go to your user profile and enable the Send/Outbox folder to be redirected to your Blackberry device.

"Using Hosted Exchange at Saashost.net"
Old 06-24-2011, 10:43 AM   #3
pepelepieux

here is the KB article for Folder Redirection, You can also perform this redirection from your phone:
Folder redirection can be enabled from the Email Settings tool on the BlackBerry® smartphone, the BlackBerry® Desktop Manager on the computer, or the BlackBerry Manager or BlackBerry Administration Service in the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server. Complete the following steps for the appropriate option.

Note: The settings apply only to email messages that are received after the folder redirection changes have been saved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BlackBerry Smartphone
To set up folder redirection from the BlackBerry smartphone, complete the following steps:

Note: Folder redirection setup on the BlackBerry smartphone requires BlackBerry® Device Software 4.0.

From the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, click Messages.
Press the Menu key and click View Folder.
In the Select Folder menu, highlight Inbox, press the Menu key and click Expand.
Select the folder that receives new email messages and any additional folders to be redirected to the BlackBerry smartphone.
Press the Menu key and click Select Folder.
Note: If the Expand option cannot be selected for any of the folders, or if the Select Folder option is not available, turn off the Wireless Reconcile option on the BlackBerry smartphone and then turn it on again. To access the Wireless Reconcile option, click Messages, then press the Menu key and click Options > Email Reconciliation.

Press the Menu key and click Save.
For BlackBerry Device Software 4.5 to 5.0, including smartphones in the BlackBerry® Storm2xxx8482; series, complete the following steps:

From the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, click the Desktop mailbox.
Press the Menu key and click Options then click Email Settings.
Press the Menu key and select Folder Redirection.
Expand Desktop, expand Mailbox - <Mailbox Name> and expand Inbox as necessary.
Select or clear each check box as required (select check boxes for any folders required to be redirected to the BlackBerry smartphone).
For BlackBerry® 6, complete the following steps:

From the Home screen, select the Desktop message icon.
Click the Menu key and select Options.
From the Email Preferences screen, click Email Preferences.
At the top of the Email Preferences screen, select the Desktop Message Service and click the Menu key.
Highlight and select Folder Redirection.
Choose the mailbox, expand if necessary, and check folder items to redirect.
Press the Menu key and click Save.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BlackBerry Desktop Manager
Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager and double-click Email Settings.
Click the General tab.
In the Folder Redirection section, select the Selected folders option.
Click Choose Folders.
In the Choose Folders window, expand the folder that receives new email messages.
Select the folder that receives new email messages and any additional folders to be redirected to the BlackBerry smartphone.
Click OK.

BlackBerry Enterprise Server
To set up folder redirection from BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.0, complete the following steps:

Note: Folder redirection is not available in the BlackBerry Manager in BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.0 for IBM® Lotus® Domino®.

In the BlackBerry Manager, right-click a BlackBerry smartphone user's name and click Properties.
Click the Redirection tab.
Select the Selected Folders option, then click Choose Folders.
Expand the folder that receives new email messages in the Choose Folders window.
Click OK.
Click OK again.

To set up folder redirection from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.1, complete the following steps:

In the BlackBerry Manager, click the server in the left pane.

Go to User > Service Access > Choose Folders.
Select the folders to be redirected to the BlackBerry smartphone.
Select the folders and sub-folders that are to be redirected to the BlackBerry smartphone.
Select the check box beside the folders to be redirected.
Click OK.

To set up folder redirection from the BlackBerry Administration Service for BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0, complete the following steps:

Expand User under BlackBerry Solution Management.
Click Manage Users.
Search for the user and click on the user's display name.
Click Default configuration under the Messaging Configuration section of the User Information tab of the user view.
Click the email tab.
Click Edit user.
Select Selected folders under the Redirection settings.
Select the folders that need to be redirected.
Click Continue to user information edit.
Click Save all.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:45 AM   #4
arlopeznieto

Thanks, i will try it.

Pending...

Last edited by arlopeznieto; 06-24-2011 at 10:47 AM..
Old 06-24-2011, 10:57 AM   #5
arlopeznieto

When i get to the Folder redirection screen, the Inbox folders are visible, but none of my Outbox folders are visible so i can't select them.

I have no problem with my inbox folders, the outbox folders are the problem

Thanks
Old 06-24-2011, 11:22 AM   #6
pepelepieux

You may have to check the Folder Redirection from the Blackberry Enterprise Server User Profile Settings.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:27 AM   #7
Andi
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: T-Mobile

On your blackberry in messages bring up the menu go to Options look for Hide Sent Mesagges - if it is checked uncheck it. In OS 6 this is found in Message Display and Actions - I can't remember where in OS 5 - this can also be enabled by the BES admin
Old 06-24-2011, 11:51 AM   #8
arlopeznieto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi View Post
On your blackberry in messages bring up the menu go to Options look for Hide Sent Mesagges - if it is checked uncheck it. In OS 6 this is found in Message Display and Actions - I can't remember where in OS 5 - this can also be enabled by the BES admin
Thank you Andi, but that 'Hide sent messages' checkbox was already unchecked. I tried check it and uncheck it again and still nothing.

I still can't see my outbox folders anywhere, not in the 'View Folder' option, nor the folder redirection option.

Don't know what to do
Old 06-24-2011, 12:40 PM   #9
Andi
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: T-Mobile

Sounds like it may be disabled by the BES admin - I turned it off my account on my bes and it still shows as unchecked on my handheld. You should check with the IT department to find out if this can be turned on
Closed Thread