Old 08-03-2011, 12:48 PM   #1
jtlang

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default Two "desktop" contact lists: How to remove one

Please Login to Remove!

Hey All,

I have been having an issue with this as well, and I think I found an easy work around that does not require mucking about with the BES settings too much.

All thats required is BlackBerry Desktop Software and AMC Amber BlackBerry Editor.

Procedure:

1. Turn off Wireless Sync for the contact list that says is syncing (Only one should have this option).
2. Delete all entries from the sync'd address book in your mail client.
3. Using Desktop Software, backup only the "Address Book - All" database from your device.
4. On your device, open Contacts > Options and type RSET (select Yes and OK for all prompts).
5. Open the IPD file you just made with Desktop Software with the ABC Amber BlackBerry Editor.
6. Without making any changes, save the IPD file using "Save As" (you can save it as the same file name).
7. Restore the "Address Book" database from the new IPD file back to the device.
8. On the device, open Contacts > Options > Desktop and check the "Wireless Synchronization" option.

Done!

Basically, ABC Amber BlackBerry Editor seems to save address book entries in an older format before the "Address Book - All" db messes things up.

Let me know if this works for anyone else.

Last edited by jtlang; 08-03-2011 at 01:32 PM..
Old 01-06-2012, 04:39 PM   #2
Cooper
CrackBerry Addict

Model: PRIV
Carrier: Rogers
Default Re: Two "desktop" contact lists: How to remove one

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtlang View Post
Hey All,

I have been having an issue with this as well, and I think I found an easy work around that does not require mucking about with the BES settings too much.

All thats required is BlackBerry Desktop Software and AMC Amber BlackBerry Editor.

Procedure:

1. Turn off Wireless Sync for the contact list that says is syncing (Only one should have this option).
2. Delete all entries from the sync'd address book in your mail client.
3. Using Desktop Software, backup only the "Address Book - All" database from your device.
4. On your device, open Contacts > Options and type RSET (select Yes and OK for all prompts).
5. Open the IPD file you just made with Desktop Software with the ABC Amber BlackBerry Editor.
6. Without making any changes, save the IPD file using "Save As" (you can save it as the same file name).
7. Restore the "Address Book" database from the new IPD file back to the device.
8. On the device, open Contacts > Options > Desktop and check the "Wireless Synchronization" option.

Done!

Basically, ABC Amber BlackBerry Editor seems to save address book entries in an older format before the "Address Book - All" db messes things up.

Let me know if this works for anyone else.
I just used this today. Perfect!
Closed Thread