BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 03:25 AM   #1
strobez1977
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone
Default How do i stream music from my storm to my car cd player???help!

Please Login to Remove!

Hi i tried playing music on my car cd player via usb from my backberry storm byt it didnt work,is there a setting i should change on the phone?on my n95 i used to just plug it in and select somthing from the list.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:10 AM   #2
johnlatessa
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: iPh 5
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobez1977 View Post
Hi i tried playing music on my car cd player via usb from my backberry storm byt it didnt work,is there a setting i should change on the phone?on my n95 i used to just plug it in and select somthing from the list.
I simply bought a mini FM transmitter from the local Meijer, for $30 bucks.

It plugs into the headphone jack and it works great! No need to mess with streaming.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:51 AM   #3
grasshopper

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobez1977 View Post
Hi,

I guess you could first try to make sure that media card support is on within your blackberry. Frankly I don't hold out much hope for this scenario. The way that I have been successful listening in my car is to get a 3.5 mm (male/male) audio jack and plug it into a 3.5 audio port which comes with my car (of course I am unsure if this is an option for your car). I have also been successful plugging an audio adapter into my tape unit of an older car. While researching this question I did find one site that claims to provide a similar feature where you can plug in your device and have it transmit fm signals to your car radio. Note that I have not tried this vendor but it seems to be a viable alternative to your request. Cost is $3.95 - www(dot)softwaresupplygroup(dot)com/arsosfcdmp3i(dot)html

Hope this helps.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:29 AM   #4
zehnmm
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Storm
PIN: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshopper View Post
Hi,

I guess you could first try to make sure that media card support is on within your blackberry. Frankly I don't hold out much hope for this scenario. The way that I have been successful listening in my car is to get a 3.5 mm (male/male) audio jack and plug it into a 3.5 audio port which comes with my car (of course I am unsure if this is an option for your car). I have also been successful plugging an audio adapter into my tape unit of an older car. While researching this question I did find one site that claims to provide a similar feature where you can plug in your device and have it transmit fm signals to your car radio. Note that I have not tried this vendor but it seems to be a viable alternative to your request. Cost is $3.95 - www(dot)softwaresupplygroup(dot)com/arsosfcdmp3i(dot)html

Hope this helps.
Just want to echo what grasshopper said about the 3.5mm male/male cable. Assuming that your car stereo has a 3.5mm auxiliary jack, this approach should work. On my truck, I have been using the male/male cable with good success pretty much the same way I have done with my Ipod. I have streamed music that I synched from Itunes to my Storm; used Moodio fm; and used Slacker radio as well.

As a matter of fact, I liked this approach so well, I did not renew my Sirius satellite radio subscription. Do not miss it at all.

Regards.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:16 PM   #5
Backnblack
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Curve
PIN: Ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by zehnmm View Post
I did not renew my Sirius satellite radio subscription.
I can't see how this would work well enough for me to not renew my XM...Sound quality has to be lacking....
Old 04-13-2009, 02:47 PM   #6
fish2find
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: the tail on the Donkey!

I have this:
MOTOROKR T505 - Motorola

No wires involved and it sounds great, I use it with my own media, slacker, moodio and the Fart machine!! Go go Farting Cars!! LOL