Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 09:51 AM   #21
d_fisher
Retired BlackBerryForums.com Moderator

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T
Lightbulb Alternate Solution

Please Login to Remove!

There is a simple alternate solution to this application if it doesn't work for you. Create your own custom search!
  1. Go to Messages > Search
  2. Set Service to Desktop
  3. Set Show to Received Only
  4. Display the menu and select Save
  5. Assign a Title and Shortcut Key
  6. Display the menu and select Save
  7. To view the results press ALT+(Shortcut Key) from Messages
    *Note the previously selected Title is displayed with the results
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1-Search.jpg (17.1 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg 2-Options.jpg (14.8 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg 3-Save Search.jpg (19.1 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg 4-Search Results.jpg (7.6 KB, 35 views)

Remember, please try searching first!

Need a screenshot? ... Like JavaLoader?
Try using BBscreen .....Use JL_Cmder!
or BBScreenShooter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-12-2007, 10:05 AM   #22
visortgw
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_fisher View Post
There is a simple alternate solution to this application if it doesn't work for you. Create your own custom search!
  1. Go to Messages > Search
  2. Set Service to Desktop
  3. Set Show to Received Only
  4. Display the menu and select Save
  5. Assign a Title and Shortcut Key
  6. Display the menu and select Save
  7. To view the results press ALT+(Shortcut Key) from Messages
    *Note the previously selected Title is displayed with the results
This suggestion also answers the question from above about SMS messages better than my original response. I forgot about this, but the RIM OS actually has several predefined searches from within the Messages app:
  1. Incoming (ALT+i)
  2. Outgoing (ALT+o)
  3. Phone Calls (ALT+p)
  4. SMS Messages (ALT+s)
  5. Voicemail Messages (ALT+v)

You can even edit the searches if there is slightly different criteria that better fits your needs.

Last edited by visortgw; 09-12-2007 at 10:06 AM..
Old 09-12-2007, 11:06 AM   #23
powersb

Model: 7250
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Only problem with the custom search that was suggested is you are saying search based on the BIS service name to display my BIS messages only.

I do not have a BIS service name. My employer supplied my Blackberry, and by policy, it looks like they will not allow a BIS service. I was able to setup the BIS account and receive BIS email in a limited way. I cant route mail back through it and cannot do a "More" if all of the msg was not downloaded. Also, I do not have a separate icon on the main screen for this BIS account. These limitations aren't too much of a problem with me. The only services I have available to search on is "Desktop" and "All". My "Received Using" is listed as Unknown.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:21 PM   #24
d_fisher
Retired BlackBerryForums.com Moderator

Model: 9700

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersb View Post
Only problem with the custom search that was suggested is you are saying search based on the BIS service name to display my BIS messages only.

I do not have a BIS service name. My employer supplied my Blackberry, and by policy, it looks like they will not allow a BIS service. I was able to setup the BIS account and receive BIS email in a limited way. I cant route mail back through it and cannot do a "More" if all of the msg was not downloaded. Also, I do not have a separate icon on the main screen for this BIS account. These limitations aren't too much of a problem with me. The only services I have available to search on is "Desktop" and "All". My "Received Using" is listed as Unknown.
Your limited because of the IT policy applied to your BlackBerry from the BES server. You would be able to select a BIS service if not for the IT policy. Your pretty much out of luck if you only want to see your BIS email.

Remember, please try searching first!

Need a screenshot? ... Like JavaLoader?
Try using BBscreen .....Use JL_Cmder!
or BBScreenShooter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-13-2007, 11:14 PM   #25
nyubi
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: whateva

ani i've test the program (BES Mailbox) on several device (installed v.91), on 8700g os 4.1.94 icon click and nothing happen but worked on 4.2.1.101
on 8800 tested on os 4.2.1.89 and 4.2.1.101 both not working (nothing happen)
does the new update solved the problem

btw it worked on 8100 and 8300, also 8700 with 4.2.1.101 os
Old 09-14-2007, 02:16 AM   #26
ani
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700
Carrier: Airtel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyubi View Post
ani i've test the program (BES Mailbox) on several device (installed v.91), on 8700g os 4.1.94 icon click and nothing happen but worked on 4.2.1.101
on 8800 tested on os 4.2.1.89 and 4.2.1.101 both not working (nothing happen)
does the new update solved the problem

btw it worked on 8100 and 8300, also 8700 with 4.2.1.101 os
nyubi - we did one update after 0.91

Pls upgrade to v0.92 - the download links remain same, so all you need to do in uninstall the previous one and download again. When you install the DM will tell you that its v0.92 so that you can be sure you are installing the correct one.

Let us know if 0.92 works or not for you.

Thanks!
Ani.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:54 AM   #27
nyubi
Thumbs Must Hurt

okay i'll try the new update and will tell you again, if it solve the problem with 8800

EDITED:

confirmed worked with 8700, 8800, 8300, and 8100
great software

when will it be release and how much for it ?

Last edited by nyubi; 09-17-2007 at 02:22 AM..
Old 09-18-2007, 06:38 PM   #28
x14
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800

Looks like a new version is available. Just downloaded and the version is 97.0.52
Old 09-19-2007, 01:17 PM   #29
ani
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700
Carrier: Airtel
Arrow Empower BES MailBox: now with Folder Based Alert! Separate your BES & BIS emails!

Dear All,

We have a new release of BES MailBox. Version 1.0 - your feature suggestions included. And then some more

Enhancements:

1. Folder based alert! Now you can select important Folders for yourself and we will sound an alert on arrival of new email! Look for "BES Messages" under Options and select the Folders that are important to you for a sound alert. Please note this option is NOT ENABLED by default. Also, the tone for the alert can be set under an entry named "BES Messages" in profiles.

2. Integration with native Message app - now you can also launch the BES MailBox from inside the native Messages app. So now, while you still have a dedicated BES MailBox icon on the HomeScreen, if you have already opened the native Messages app, you dont have to go back to HomeScreen - just click on the menu item "BES MailBox".

3. The much requested Icon notification is also here. App icon will change when a new email is received. The new mail indication in the icon will be cleared when either the app is opened, or the latest message is opened (using BES MailBox or the native app)

To Upgrade: Please uninstall the previous version before upgrading to the new version. Download links remain same.

OTA: http://www.getEmpower.com/bes/ebm.php
PC-DM: http://getempower.com/bes/Empower_BES_MailBox.zip

Also to top it, we have a 5-day inaugural discount of 30% for all. Please use the code BES-BBF when you order. Also, if you know someone who you think may be interested in such a product, pls let them know of the offer as it lasts only till Monday.

Thanks!
Ani.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:59 PM   #30
hooper610
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: VZW

Sweet! Love to see some handling of PIN messages... maybe another icon or something. I have hidden the default messages icon for good!!!!
Old 09-24-2007, 05:28 AM   #31
nyubi
Thumbs Must Hurt

ani, or anyone who has been puchased from mobihand..

i'm going to order 10 licenses of BES Mailbox, and i new customer of mobihand, when i about to check out, i must enter device info (type and PIN), which is only have to entered only one, and i'm going to purchased 10 licenses, is that okay to proceed the checkout?
Old 09-24-2007, 05:54 AM   #32
visortgw
CrackBerry Addict

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

You will need to provide all ten PINs -- the PINs are used to compute the device-unique registration codes. I am not sure of what provisions they have for a multi-license purchase.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:59 AM   #33
nyubi
Thumbs Must Hurt

so pin and device type i provide during the mobihand account registration can be different from the device i'm going to install the software right?

sorry asking on this thread, because there is no help topic on volume licenses on mobihand site.. (have email them but haven't got any answer yet)
Old 09-24-2007, 08:27 AM   #34
visortgw
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyubi View Post
so pin and device type i provide during the mobihand account registration can be different from the device i'm going to install the software right?

sorry asking on this thread, because there is no help topic on volume licenses on mobihand site.. (have email them but haven't got any answer yet)
No -- the PIN is used to generate a unique registration code (aka key) for each device. MobiHand needs the ten PINs in order to generate ten keys.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:37 PM   #35
jasonyng

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

I have this obssesion with everything being like, why when this is installed does it use a different icon than for my other mail boxes? Is there a way to change this manually?

Great Program by the way.

Jason
Old 09-24-2007, 02:49 PM   #36
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630

I see what you're saying, but it has a different icon because it's a different app and that's the icon the developer chose to use. Same reason your calendar icon isn't an envelope or your BrickBreaker icon isn't a globe. It differentiates the app from other apps. Just guessing, but there very well may be licensing issues with using RIM's icon. Maybe that's why they didn't go with that one.

There isn't a way to change it manually.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:18 PM   #37
budnfrida

Carrier: Sprint

Im trying to get this to work on a BB 8320 but i dont see anything different. I open the bes icon it adds but look just like my normal messages folder. am i missing something.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:29 PM   #38
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Yes, it will look like the other message folder, except that messages from your other accounts such as Gmail or Yahoo and your PIM, SMS and MMS messages will not appear there. Only messages received through your BES account will show up through this app. Clears away everything else so you can separate our work messages more clearly.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:26 AM   #39
budnfrida

Carrier: Sprint

Oh by the looks of the empower page i thought it was maor of a folders view
Old 09-27-2007, 06:57 AM   #40
visortgw
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdpmumin View Post
Yes, it will look like the other message folder, except that messages from your other accounts such as Gmail or Yahoo and your PIM, SMS and MMS messages will not appear there. Only messages received through your BES account will show up through this app. Clears away everything else so you can separate our work messages more clearly.
You will also see the name of your BES account centered in the header of the RIM Messages application screen indicating that the filter is active.
Closed Thread