BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 06:20 AM   #201
ChesterJT
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

First of all, great themes. I got all three.

Is there a way you could change icons for other programs that haven't been done yet? Mainly the Profile changer for audio settings. And what about 3rd party apps and various carrier buttons, like Google Maps, Opera browser, and MediaNet from Cingular? I coudl understand those, but can we at least have a Profile shiny icon?
Old 10-03-2007, 07:42 AM   #202
FUllmer
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I downloaded all three themes and they are great! I am currently using the Zen theme.

Thanks!
Old 10-03-2007, 03:38 PM   #203
mrogers
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterJT View Post
First of all, great themes. I got all three.

Is there a way you could change icons for other programs that haven't been done yet? Mainly the Profile changer for audio settings. And what about 3rd party apps and various carrier buttons, like Google Maps, Opera browser, and MediaNet from Cingular? I coudl understand those, but can we at least have a Profile shiny icon?
Can't change third-party icons. As for the profiles, I discussed this a little before too...I did design some nice iPhone-style profile icons, but wound up not using them because of the profile icon that appears up in the banner area, under the battery meter. That space is NOT the same size as the general application icons, but it *uses* the same icon files when you're making third-party themes. It winds up looking like crap, because it stretches the icon you put it for the main app list. It's disappointing, but trust me it looks better leaving it the way it is until Plazmic provides an option to specify separate icons for the banner area.

I'm glad you're all enjoying the theme...hopefully one day Plazmic will release some updates to their software that will let me address these font and profile icon issues. I sincerely thank those who have donated...it helps offset some of those hours ;)

Last edited by mrogers; 10-03-2007 at 03:41 PM..
Old 10-03-2007, 07:11 PM   #204
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

Re-Posted from the comments section of rogersmj.com

When I select Agenda view in the calendar it goes to August 31st and I have to scroll to the current date to see my appointments. This happens in both the Zen and Today versions of bPhone. My two most current appointments show up properly on the home screen with the Today version. The monthly view on the calendar also works perfectly. It should also be noted that this odd Agenda view behavior does not happen with the other themes I use, just bPhone. And itxxx8217;s just the Agenda view that defaults to an earlier date.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:29 PM   #205
chainsawcharlie

Model: 8800
Carrier: att

great theme
Old 10-04-2007, 09:48 AM   #206
mrogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post

When I select Agenda view in the calendar it goes to August 31st and I have to scroll to the current date to see my appointments. This happens in both the Zen and Today versions of bPhone. My two most current appointments show up properly on the home screen with the Today version. The monthly view on the calendar also works perfectly. It should also be noted that this odd Agenda view behavior does not happen with the other themes I use, just bPhone. And it’s just the Agenda view that defaults to an earlier date.
Yeah I haven't been able to figure that out yet. I can't fathom what in a theme could break the calendar.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:41 PM   #207
trunkzilla

Model: 9000

Love the theme, but that green glob above the second fish is lookin at me funny...hes about to get smacked in the mouth!
Old 10-05-2007, 01:48 AM   #208
Pinman

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-mobile

any news on getting one for the 8320 with working wifi/uma extras
Old 10-05-2007, 10:48 PM   #209
mrogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinman View Post
any news on getting one for the 8320 with working wifi/uma extras
Nothing I can do until Plazmic offers a way to customize that stuff with the theme builder.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:41 AM   #210
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post

When I select Agenda view in the calendar it goes to August 31st and I have to scroll to the current date to see my appointments. This happens in both the Zen and Today versions of bPhone. My two most current appointments show up properly on the home screen with the Today version. The monthly view on the calendar also works perfectly. It should also be noted that this odd Agenda view behavior does not happen with the other themes I use, just bPhone. And it’s just the Agenda view that defaults to an earlier date.
As a followup, I downloaded bPhone to my 8800 and the calendar works perfectly in Agenda view. So it's either specific to 8300s or just to mine in particular. No biggie either way. It's such a great theme I PayPal-ed again!
Old 10-06-2007, 05:47 PM   #211
motogq

Model: 8800
PIN: 23F635E7

It's beautiful & smooth. Thanks for the hard work! Donation sent!!!
Old 10-06-2007, 07:23 PM   #212
TheBerry1

Model: Storm

anyway to change the gunmetal background on the "lock" screen. 8800 series.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:01 AM   #213
djonathang
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: ATT

Hello All,

I've made my way to the bphone website RogersMJ.com: bPhone, and have dowloaded a number of themes for my 8300. Each theme downloaded contains two files. For example, the Zen theme contains: bPhone_Zen.alx and com_plazmic_theme_bPhone_Zen.cod

When I click on these files, I get one of those useless internet seach messages for the opportunity to track down the appropriate software to open the files.

Can someone tell me where to go from here?

Thanks.

DG
Old 10-07-2007, 11:04 AM   #214
xploit
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320T
Carrier: T-Mobile-Titanium

You need DESKTOP MANAGER to load those files into your phone..you dont use them as an .EXE file
this link will give you a rough idea--> How to Add Themes - BlackBerryFAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by djonathang View Post
Hello All,

I've made my way to the bphone website RogersMJ.com: bPhone, and have dowloaded a number of themes for my 8300. Each theme downloaded contains two files. For example, the Zen theme contains: bPhone_Zen.alx and com_plazmic_theme_bPhone_Zen.cod

When I click on these files, I get one of those useless internet seach messages for the opportunity to track down the appropriate software to open the files.

Can someone tell me where to go from here?

Thanks.

DG

Last edited by xploit; 10-07-2007 at 11:08 AM..
Old 10-07-2007, 07:40 PM   #215
fo8squad

Model: 8700c
Carrier: att

I have an 8700c. Just got internet service on it so i decided to dl this theme. Now my phone has the hourglass on it for over 24 hours. I've tried using the javaloader but it wont connect to my device. My phone is non functional now. Is there any suggestions you can give to fix this? This is my first blackberry and i've been searching all day for a fix that works!
Old 10-07-2007, 08:56 PM   #216
spblat

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mo

Stunning theme. Great job. I wish I could keep using it. OTA download of Curve Zen installed fine on my T-Mo 8320. There was an initial crash with no apparent consequence (when I pressed the "menu" button to see all the icons), but then I had some problems with Telenav, as a previous poster mentioned. Also, I'm not seeing UMA signal strength. Here are some screenshots.

My compliments on this gorgeous theme. I'll be keeping an eye out for updates.

EDIT: Get this. Telenav is happy after I deactivated and reactivated bPhone. Still would like to see UMA signal strength tho.

EDIT 2: The Today theme bricked my 8320 last night. I got the dreaded beach ball; battery pulls were no help. I had to wipe and reinstall. Fortunately I was having other troubles with my BB, and the wipe and reinstall was just what the doctor ordered.

EDIT 3: The bricking was not your fault.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bphone-error.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	9365   Click image for larger version

Name:	bphone-telenav2.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	9366   Click image for larger version

Name:	bphone-telenav.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	9367  

Last edited by spblat; 10-09-2007 at 11:00 AM..
Old 10-09-2007, 10:54 PM   #217
JRSCCivic98
No longer Registered.

Model: 8830
Carrier: *

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRSCCivic98 View Post
Hey, great theme, but I wanted to point out a bug I found. When you're in typing a new message (SMS, Email, whatever) and you hit SYM to bring up the symbol dialog box it's cut off on the right hand side by a little.
mrogers, I'm wondering how the update to fix this is coming along. Thanks.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:30 PM   #218
BaRTiMuS
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

I kinda feel dumb cause this is my first post on this forum.. but um... im getting a wordpress error of not being able to connect to the database server :( When I attempt to access your site!
Old 10-10-2007, 01:34 AM   #219
v12spd

Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaRTiMuS View Post
I kinda feel dumb cause this is my first post on this forum.. but um... im getting a wordpress error of not being able to connect to the database server :( When I attempt to access your site!
It's not just you, I can't get at the theme either. And I just got my 8320 today and wanted it so bad
Old 10-10-2007, 07:07 AM   #220
mrogers

Sorry about the database errors, don't know what caused that. It's working again. Download away.

I'd love to do a version for the 8320, as soon as Plazmic releases some software that allows me to customize that indicator!

As for the SYM menu fix, I have a list of a few things I need to get to but I just haven't had a lot of time lately. I was traveling recently and just got back yesterday, so I have some things to get in order. I'll work on the themes as soon as I can.
Closed Thread