Old 01-09-2009, 06:50 PM   #1
EdTurner
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9550
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Bluetooth Headset

Please Login to Remove!

Which one are you using and do you like it?
Old 01-09-2009, 07:14 PM   #2
bmurray40

Model: 9530
PIN: 304B692B

Plantronics Explorer 222. Haven't had any problems at all with it and no complaints from friends about how I sound or anything. It's a fairly cheaper BT headset($39.99) compared to some I've seen. Also works just fine with the voice commands/dialing.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:42 PM   #3
rhn1975
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: VzW

I've been using the Jawbone for the past year and it is by far the best I've ever had (and I've tried quite a few). If you make calls in noisy environments it is the only way to go.

It works great with my Storm although I noticed today that although the headset isi paired with the phone if I use a speed dial to call somebody it actually does not get routed to the headset. You need to manually do that. I assume this is a software glitch but will need to look into it some more
Old 01-09-2009, 08:18 PM   #4
hudres
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: n/a
Carrier: verizon
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhn1975 View Post
It works great with my Storm although I noticed today that although the headset isi paired with the phone if I use a speed dial to call somebody it actually does not get routed to the headset. You need to manually do that. I assume this is a software glitch but will need to look into it some more
This is interesting. I have a Jabra BT530 (great headset) and Iuse speed dial all the time and do not have this problem. Also running 0.85. I don't have a clue as to why your headset drops out. Maybe if a few other members can tell us if they have the problem it might help figure it out. The Jawbone is a very well regarded headset and I am surprised it has this problem. 73
Old 01-09-2009, 08:33 PM   #5
MoreChampagneSir?

Model: 8700
Carrier: Someone

BlueAnt v1, without a doubt.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:50 PM   #6
fish2find
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: the tail on the Donkey!

I had a Motorola for a couple years and loved it, always worked great and it wasnt too expensive.

Ran that one through the wash and picked up a LG. I dont like the fit or use of the LG at all, it sticks in your ear and never seams to hold right. The use is funky and the thing never understands my voice commands.

Im gonna pick up something here soon and will give more hopefully good feedback.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:10 PM   #7
coeff

Quote:
I've been using the Jawbone for the past year and it is by far the best I've ever had (and I've tried quite a few). If you make calls in noisy environments it is the only way to go.

I use the h700, I think I'm going to try a jawbone one of these days.

Regarding speeddial, I used it the first time today and it did what you described, I had to switch it over to the headset in the menu mid call.
But, the second time I did it with the headset on I touched the number just long enough to hear it dial and removed my finger, it stayed on the headset, so I believe the first time I did it I left my finger on the display too long and it switched to the phone away from the headset. My win phone would do that sometimes.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:59 PM   #8
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9780
Carrier: T-Mobile

Wirelessly posted

VXI B250. BEST sound quality bar none. Not attractive if that is your driver.
Old 01-10-2009, 06:17 AM   #9
rdalemercer

I use a Motorola 850 - and here's why:
- I like the fact that I can pair it to more than one phone since I have to carry a "work" phone and a "personal" phone.
- I really like the feature of the "swing arm open to activate" feature. This is the only BT headset that I have found that provides this feature. I DO NOT always use by BT headset, so I want the *immediate* option of deciding if I want to take the call naked or on the BT headset.
- Sound quality os "decent" .... not great .... but just decent.
- Up time is good. I have used it for ~4 hours in a day with no degredation on quality or performance due to battery life and still not had to charge it for 3 days.

I also have a drawer full of BT headsets that I have tried over the years (I just counted 10 in the drawer). Some of them stopped working so they were relegated to the dreded "Dead BT drawer" - others were just poor performers that I eventually got frustrated with and tossed into the drawer to play with their other "unfriendlies"....

There will be other BT headsets that come along and promise this and that. I will most likely not try them unless there is an easy way to select between taking the call naked and using the BT headset as this has become one of the most important features of a BT headset for me.

....my .02
Old 01-10-2009, 10:57 PM   #10
SpeedVX

Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I'll second the Jabra BT 530. I must have a bit of an odd shaped ear and it has always been a chore to find a headset that's comfortable and stays secure. This one fills both bills and has very good call quality to boot.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:27 AM   #11
grandpabill

Default Stereo Bluetooth

I finally switched to BB and have found many great tips on this forum. I too am looking for a BT headset. Has any one tried the newer stereo sets like the plntronics 850?
Old 01-11-2009, 01:28 AM   #12
MrGonzalez

I'm not a big fan of the ear piece but when I'm driving I use the MOTO Rokr T505 which clips to your visor and has an FM transmitter so you can hear your calls from the car stereo, and it also plays the music on your phone too, it goes for $140 but I picked it up at best buy for $89.99
Old 01-14-2009, 11:57 PM   #13
hudres
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: n/a
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGonzalez View Post
I'm not a big fan of the ear piece but when I'm driving I use the MOTO Rokr T505 which clips to your visor and has an FM transmitter so you can hear your calls from the car stereo, and it also plays the music on your phone too, it goes for $140 but I picked it up at best buy for $89.99
I also use the T505, both as a backup to my BT-530 and when I have people in the car and want to use a speakerphone. Very satisfactory device. 73
Old 01-15-2009, 09:02 AM   #14
drbobr

Default speed dial problem

I also have the same problem with speed dial. Bluetooth otherwise works perfectly....is this a known bug?
Old 01-15-2009, 11:27 AM   #15
rhn1975
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: VzW

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbobr View Post
I also have the same problem with speed dial. Bluetooth otherwise works perfectly....is this a known bug?
I've tried what people suggested (holding the speed dial for a shorter period) and that did not resolve the issue. I assume it's a S/W glitch that I hope they will address in upcoming releases. I have not seen any response / resolution to this issue. Just for clarity I am using the original Jawbone which works flawlessly aside from this one issue
Old 02-11-2009, 07:32 PM   #16
tce1973

Quote:
I've tried what people suggested (holding the speed dial for a shorter period) and that did not resolve the issue. I assume it's a S/W glitch that I hope they will address in upcoming releases. I have not seen any response / resolution to this issue. Just for clarity I am using the original Jawbone which works flawlessly aside from this one issue
Weird, I had this problem and tried this solution and it worked. This made sense because I could have sworn speed dial to headset had worked for me at some point. The trick is to hold the speed dial button for 1 sec. Don't wait until you hear the dial sound, that is too long. I experimented both ways and every time I lingered too long it would flip back to the handset sound.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:26 AM   #17
Shaun
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
Carrier: at&t

Check my post here: http://www.blackberryforums.com/blue...ml#post1281878

I have lost count of the Bluetooth units I have used, I would estimate I am at about 15 or 16, so feel free to ask for comparisons.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:48 AM   #18
k9th
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
PIN: 30D86D60
Carrier: VZW

I use a Jabra BT250V and it performs well. I have an intermittent problem with the voice dial and have noticed that if the Bluetooth is already on when it pairs up, the voice dial works every time into the headset. If the phone is on first before the Bluetooth, the first time it will default to the handset and then after that it goes to the headset with no problems. I use the auto on/off feature so I make sure I turn the headset on before the phone turns itself on in mornings.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:29 PM   #19
doggie

Model: 8230
Carrier: T Mobile

I am using a Jawbone 2 and loving it. The price has come down on this BT.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:07 PM   #20
searly
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: Mine...
Default Plantronics Voyager 520!

I do not think I have had 15 or 16 BT headsets like Shaun above (nice post on your jump BTW), but I have had at least 8 to 10. My needs are a bit different than others (for the most part) as I have very small ear openings (6'1" 260 lbs. and freakishly small ear holes, anyway)... I can not use most, if any, BT headsets that have to sit inside and be supported by the ear canal. It gets very painful after only a few minutes. I prefer the Motorola style with the flip boom, however the quality all the way around is not great. They are good for sitting in my office or in very quiet rooms but other than that they have been average for me. I have also tried the Jawbone, but because of the small ear thing they last only a few minutes in my ear (the constant touch on the cheek is a bit much for me as well. But, they work the best in the car and when in airports. The one I have found and settled on is the Plantronics Voyager 520. It does everything for me and it does it well. The ear loop allows for it to not bu shoved in my ear canal and the ear piece is sort of funneled to direct the sound which helps with sound quality. Battery life is great as well and pairing is as easy as it gets. It has decent noise cancellation but the Jawbone I think is better for this. The only issue with noise I have is when walking outside in the wind. All in all, this is th ebest one for me. Hope this helps!
Closed Thread