Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 02:52 PM   #1
jprincipe
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T Mobile
Default satisfied storm owners

Please Login to Remove!

I absolutely cannot make up my mind. I love and hate the storm but I only have three days left to decide if I wanna keep it. I guess I would get the 8900 on t mobile when it comes out but I would miss the big screen. Who's happy keeping the storm?
Old 01-11-2009, 02:58 PM   #2
Aronp24

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

just signed up today and this is my first post...but I wanted to say i've had it for 3 days and absolutely adore it..I have nothing else to compare it to as it is my first blackberry...it's a little "above my pay grade" if you will...but its still fun (I'm coming from the old verizon EnV) and already addicting...it does lag at certain times when i try to do to many things at once...and a few small other things that will take getting used to....but other than that I LOVE it!
Old 01-11-2009, 03:03 PM   #3
T-Squared
Thumbs Must Hurt

I am loving mine. I have had it since about a week after launch. A couple small issues now and then but remember that RIM make's a rock solid product and the little bugs will be worked out. Its new technology, just give it a little time.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:09 PM   #4
WhizzledBlury
Thumbs Must Hurt

I love the phone.. the browser, big screen, camera (meh but a step up from 8830 which didn't have one), and html emails without having to go beta all make having the phone a blast.

However, the lag with almost everything thing from keyboard to camera kills it. the phone is a little sensitive too.. as I've already taken one back and gotten a second after having it less than 3 weeks. I refuse to install beta software so I'm anxious to see verizon get cracking with the newer OS. The lack of personalization options is a bit of a killer for me too.. like editing the camera sounds, wallpapers options in portrait vs landscape, editing options for the 'bedside mode' crap. The lack of different themes sucks too; but, some will start showing soon I hope.

But yea... all in all... I wouldn't give up the phone as it was $100 well spent... and I can go back to my 8830 if I ever wish. Somethings are tricky to get used to... and this bizzch is definately no exception...
Old 01-11-2009, 03:09 PM   #5
rachamphetamine
BBF Moderator

Model: --
PIN: E SOL
Carrier: VZW

I've had mine for almost two months now, and I do love it. Sure, there's times that I miss having a keyboard, but I also wouldn't give up the touchscreen now - which is a big deal to me since I have disliked most touchscreen devices I've used in the past. I do love the big screen and the clickable function, though it does require a learning curve. The camera is also the best out of any phone I've owned before. Yes, there are hiccups that come with the new device, but they will get worked out in time with OS updates as it's my opinion that the hardware is spectacular. The iPhone also had many problems upon both launches, but people have long forgotten those in favor of the also outstanding technology that phone packs. I'm confident that history will be kind to the Storm in the same way.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:19 PM   #6
Frank Castle
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9930
PIN: PM Me!

Almost two months here too and agree with what has been commented. Weighing the pro's and con's it is hard to outright say I hate the Storm and go back to a Bold. The screen size is just too nice and the Verizon network is very snappy.

The con's are the still lingering issues with the OS. There are still apps that don't work on the Storm yet. I am still not as quick typing on the Storm but I'm around 75% as fast .. my biggest thing is it's near impossible to go back into a response to correct a word, I wind up clicking close enough and deleting and retyping. This is more the nature of any touch screen.

I will say you need to spend a good week or two to adjust to how the Storm functions as it's different and you initially want it to work like past BB or iPhone and it won't .. open your mind and learn it and you'll be happy.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:20 PM   #7
michael12005
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Tour

I have a Blackberry 8830 - got it the day it was launched by Verizon and love it. I need a phone and email device that works in Europe. I also have an i Touch which is an i Phone without the phone and I use it at home to access the internet using wi-fi and it is a terrific device. I hate AT & T and it does not cover areas I travel to in the USA whereas Verizon does, so I will never get an i Phone so what is my choice fora touchscreen world wide email device and that is the Storm. Having said all that it appears from this very useful forum that some people love their Storm by far the majority have many complaints/issues and I why the heck should I buy a device that is not just about perfect with the software updates already installed and the issues worked out?
Old 01-11-2009, 07:10 PM   #8
fs_osx

Carrier: Telus

I had an iPhone, then after an iPhone 3G, since launch. Great phones for a great economic model.

Now, some people need to work with these things. Blackberry are built for work. Try emails. You will not go back to the iPhone.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:12 PM   #9
rachamphetamine
BBF Moderator

Model: --
PIN: E SOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael12005 View Post
why the heck should I buy a device that is not just about perfect with the software updates already installed and the issues worked out?
The good thing is no one is forcing you to

The Storm's issues will get worked out in time, and everyone's opinions will be different on the device.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:25 PM   #10
scher215
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm

this is my first blackberry. and i too am coming from the Verizon EnV...and overall...this is the best phone i have ever owned (i think ive had about 5 now) and i love this phone. some things are not perfect (but hey, who gets everything perfect for them on a phone) but overall. love this phone.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:37 PM   #11
Bullitt1668
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: 30571D9F

I love it, enough said!
Old 01-11-2009, 08:02 PM   #12
rupertnoton

Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Ixxx8217;ve always used a work phone for both work and personal use, until now. The Storm is my first personal phone. Although it has its nuances, Ixxx8217;m enjoying playing with it. I hope the OS improves and the availability of applications broadens in the near future.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:32 PM   #13
hudres
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: n/a
Carrier: verizon
Lightbulb

I've had mine since the end of November. I did replace the phone to get one out of the second production run as the first run had hardware issues.

With the good advice I have gotten in this forum a nd some patience in selceting 3rd party apps, I have arrived at a killer configuration. I can do all my business things. I can do things with this phone that I could not with my 8703e. I have learned how to use the keyboard (after adjusting the spring tension as described elsewhere in this forum and the keyboard electronic settings) and my typing is now about the same as it was with the 8703e. The only significant shortcoming I have found is that placing the cursor for editing is not easy, but I am getting better at it. I have found some programs that are lightning fast, many times faster than the 8703e. I would like the profile feature to be made functional. It is not critical but it is nice once you get accustomed to it.

In total, I am satisfied and I know that as additional OS upgrades become available, the hardware platform should reach its full potential. 73
Old 01-11-2009, 08:53 PM   #14
franknbeans
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm
Carrier: Vrz

I say keep it. . . the Strom will be up with the iPhone in no time. . . the lag issues will be sorted out. . a stable software platform will be out. . and everyone will ador it then. . .

I like mine tons better since i upgraded to .85

This phone is a keeper people. ..
Old 01-11-2009, 09:01 PM   #15
J86
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8530

I love it mine. Took me a week or so to get used to typing on it, after that it was all good.
It purely a personal choice though. No one can make the decision but you.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:04 PM   #16
RJ311

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael12005 View Post
why the heck should I buy a device that is not just about perfect with the software updates already installed and the issues worked out?
I never quite understand why the haters still visit the forum? It seems like those with Iphones that post on here are awfully interested in the Storm to keep posting in the forum. I love the Storm and must say I have never visited an Iphone forum. Just an observation.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:41 PM   #17
illig

ehh.. i like it and hate it at the same time for different reasons...

i really need a more stable OS, and working google maps to "love it"
Old 01-15-2009, 04:26 AM   #18
slysaint23

Carrier: Bell Mobility

initially i have had problems, corners wouldnt taps properly, sluggish os etc, but now with a lil fix and the os upgrade i have to say. i am in love with it. too bad not many apps for it yet, but will come soon.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:51 AM   #19
XelhaBB
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: Ask

I love my Storm. So far its the best, most fun to opertate cellular phone I have owned. It does everything I have ever wanted out of a cellular phone. I have been through the gambit of several cellular phone companies, and wishing I had the capability or access to a unit offered by a competing carrier. But I am absolutely thrilled with Verizon service and thoroughly satisfied with my Storm.

My only complaints:

1. The OS definitely needs to be upgraded to remedy several issues.
2. I must conduct a daily battery pull to make my phone function adequately.

Verizon 9530

Last edited by XelhaBB; 01-15-2009 at 10:56 AM..
Old 01-15-2009, 10:52 AM   #20
flatscaster

Model: 9500

love it
Closed Thread