BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 06-08-2005, 11:50 PM   #1
coachojohn

Model: 6230
Question NOKIA 6820 search for PIN

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all,

was wondering if anyone can tell me where to locate the PIN on my Nokia 6820 phone so that I can set up my Blackberry account. I have my IMEI number but can't locate the darn PIN to log into my BIS account.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:29 AM   #2
9balla4life
Thumbs Must Hurt

Location: Land where Blackburr's grow off trees....not sure yet
Model: 8120
PIN: 24760E78
Carrier: T-Mobile

Nokia's do not have a PIN. I believe that it's coming with the 6822 but I don't think that it's avaiable for your device unless you have DL'ed a software that we don't know about... BIS is only for BB's... did you use to use a BB? What made you want to do that? If someone told you that this is possible then you have been mislead.

FYI incase you are not aware but this is the specs on the phone and it does not have a PIN for a BB account. If there is a way please let me know. I am curious. Thanks.
Currently using 8100 Pearl.
Old 06-09-2005, 06:44 AM   #3
coachojohn

hmmm... seems strange. I did have a 6230 bb. The service provider recommends the Nokia 6820 as being suitable for blackberry connectivity. If I can't provide a PIN how am I going to be able to use this device with my Blackberry account? The menus in the phone provide access to setting up Blackberry on the phone but when you try it says " Blackberry account setup required".
Very confusing!
Any assistance would be appreciated.
Old 06-11-2005, 08:00 PM   #4
acnst
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: not configured

Not all versions of the 6820 are BB-enabled. You should find the BB Pin on your Nokia 6820 somewhere under the Message menu entry. I do not currently have my Nokia 6820 with BB connect to tell you the exact location. The Nokia 6822 is an improved version of the 6820 (e.g. better lcd etc.) and is also BB connect enabled.

for Microsoft Exchange

Old 06-13-2005, 07:13 AM   #5
coachojohn

Surely if this device was not blackberry enabled I wouldn't have Blackberry as one of the options in my Messages menu. It is also listed in messages/message settings/Blackberry. But when I enter this menu it just comes back with "Blackberry Account setup required". Very frustrating!
Old 06-15-2005, 05:34 AM   #6
9balla4life
Thumbs Must Hurt

Location: Land where Blackburr's grow off trees....not sure yet
Model: 8120
PIN: 24760E78

coachjohn... with all due respect, your Nokia may have that Blackberry option but not all options are supported depending on your service provider. With that said, it is not going to work and unfortunately that's the bottom line... Afterall, you probably tried to set it up a few times and it didn't work, IMHO that should tell you that it WILL NOT work.

If you have not already, since it is a Nokia you should probably contact them and see if they can help you. If anyone could they would be the only ones that would know how. I say this because, you started this thread on the 9th and it is now the 14th. I understand that it hasn't been too long but almost 90% of the members are very well rounded/versed in wireless technology especially dealing with Blackberry devices and services. If there IS a answer you would have had over 10 people participating in this post already and that's an AVERAGE post response.

I would also advise that you go to www.howardforums.com and do your research under "NOKIA" phones.
Currently using 8100 Pearl.
Old 06-17-2005, 02:35 AM   #7
Grimlin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: K1
PIN: Positive Intrinsic Negative???

Nokia ditched us again. I have both a 6800 and a 6820. Bought them about a year apart. Each time with the promise of a future software update that will support Blackberry email. Now the new Nokia promise is the 6822. All I can say is make sure it supports it with the software that it ships with.

I love the 68xx line of hardware, but the lack of software updates for the phone and orphaning of each model by Nokia is horribly depressing.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:35 AM   #8
coachojohn

Lightbulb Update

Just to help anyone else who may go down the road that I have...

All my problems are not solved but.. I have since been informed by Optus that the PIN used in conjunction with the IMEI which is needed to set up your BIS account on the Nokia 6820 is actually the pager number and is located in the MENU>MESSAGING>MESSAGE>SETTINGS>BLACKBERRY>CONNECT FOR WEB> (Change setting from OFF to ON) >MAILBOX NAME>PAGER NUMBER. Record the pager number and use it as the PIN for the BIS Login Page on the web.
At the moment I am still unable to recieve GPRS for some strange reason so its all academic anyway. But I thought this info may assist someone else out there.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:41 PM   #9
papyrus

Default how bout my 6822?

I'm curious if you got anywhere. if it makes you feel any better, I got a 6822 from overseas. it works here etc via GSM. I went into the menu to look at the blackberry settings mentioned online, and... they arent there!!! I'm trying to figure out whatever I can, but so far there is just no mentioned of blackberry anywhere in the software. Shame. Anyone gotten one of these to work on a US bb system yet?
Old 08-02-2005, 03:02 AM   #10
camerch
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7100t

If your device has a PIN as mentioned above this would be located underneath your battery on the Nokia Manufacturers Label, I know that Cingular was testing a Nokia 6820i and was about to release it but never did.. We have added the PIN to our Webclient system, loaded it on a BES and it works great, but the screen was extremely small so they didn't release it..
Old 02-28-2006, 04:43 PM   #11
abcommercial

Model: 6822
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9balla4life
coachjohn... ... Afterall, you probably tried to set it up a few times and it didn't work, IMHO that should tell you that it WILL NOT work.

If you have not already, since it is a Nokia you should probably contact them and see if they can help you. If anyone could they would be the only ones that would know how. I say this because, you started this thread on the 9th and it is now the 14th. I understand that it hasn't been too long but almost 90% of the members are very well rounded/versed in wireless technology especially dealing with Blackberry devices and services. If there IS a answer you would have had over 10 people participating in this post already and that's an AVERAGE post response.
Yes it does work.

For everyone's information, the Nokia 6822 DOES support blackberry. I have been using the phone with the blackberry service thru T-Mobile for several months. I wasted alot of time initially trying to figure out how to get the BB working on it. T-Mobile does not support 6822, but their BB service does work with the phone.

The problem is SOME 6822s come with the BB client built in, and other 6822s don't. It depends on where you bought it. I bought my first one directly from Nokia, and it did not ship with the bb client. NokiaUSA will not support bb on it, and they don't have a clue. However, after further research, I found a 6822 on eBay that DOES have the bb client, and I have been successfully using that one for several months.

As for the setup, I don't have an immediate answer. I just reset mine and now I have to re-find the answer to that question too (it has been awhile). It is either going to come from settings sent to the phone by T-Mobile, or with the software configuration tool.

Now, I do not recall whether my first one (the non-enabled 6822) had BB in the menu options. It might have, but I don't think so. I think if you have BB menu options, then your phone is likely to have the BB client built-in. The software CD that shipped with mine has a BB configuration tool. If your software does not mention BB, then you probably don't have the bb-enabled one.

P.S. -- mine is not an Asian model, and you need not buy an Asian model to get the BB feature to work. Mine is a North American model. Some ebay ads will be clear that theirs are non-Asian too, and that they do work with BB.

Last edited by abcommercial; 02-28-2006 at 04:57 PM.. Reason: Add additional info re US and Asian models
Old 03-20-2006, 07:45 PM   #12
dallinas

Model: 7100t
Carrier: t-mobile

I just got hold of an old nokia 6820a, went on t-mobiles uk instant mail site, changed my registered imei and pin for my 7100t one to the imei and pager number ( pager number = pin ) (this is found in menu > Messages > Message Settings > Blackberry > mailbox settings. ) I then got a couple of text messages from t-mobile which configured it. I can now send and recieve messages.