Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 05:16 PM   #1
jwinn3

Model: 9300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Free Up Application Memory

Please Login to Remove!

How do I delete the internal Device Memory/Samples/ directory of pictures, music, contacts and videos (all different sub directories), to free up device internal application memory. I want to delete everything in this directory: (Device Memory/Samples/) except Ringtones, leaving the directory and folders intact. Is there a way to do this without causing harm to the Blackberry Curve 9300 3G (T-Mobile branded). I am running OS 5.0.0.846, and have ver. 6.0.1.18 Desktop Manager Software installed on my computer. I have seen many posts in different forums about people complaining about how their devices are messed up and not performing well after trying to modify them. Is there a way to do this safely? I am Blackberry and computer literate and, if necessary, a technical procedure will suffice, I can keep up. Presently I have a total of 95mb available from a total of 250mb. I also have a 15gb microSD card.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:37 PM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Default Re: Free Up Application Memory

If those are the apps that are pushed by your carrier, then they aren't really installed and only taking minimal space. And if you delete them, the carrier will jut push them back anyway.

With the device on, pull the battery for about 30 to 60 seconds and then replace it and let the BB reboot. That will clear all of the apps running in the background.

Move all your pictures, music and ringtones tot he SD card, that is what it is there for. And read this from our FAQ: How do I free up memory on my device? - BlackBerryFAQ

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 02-22-2011, 06:20 PM   #3
jwinn3

Model: 9300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Re: Free Up Application Memory

Dubdub:
These are not “apps” that I am referring to, they are image files that came with the blackberry device and are located in the Internal Device Memory, i.e., sample contacts (.png extension), sample pictures (.png extension), music (.mp3 extension), and 1 sample music videos (.mp4 extension). I would like to permanently delete these files to free up application memory. I’ve already deleted unused languages and Event log files (alt LGLG from Home screen), and when I go into options/advanced options/applications the Blackberry sample video is simply not listed because it is not an application, not in Third Party, Add-on, nor Core. I’m beginning to think that these items are hard-wired into the device. I’ve also deleted the internet cache files and cookies. All of these measures free up some memory, as I’m not totally lacking with 95mb available. However, I have absolutely no use for these “sample contacts, and sample pictures, etc.” Thanks for your input.
Closed Thread