Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 05:02 AM   #1
LoneStarSage

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default tethering vista 64bit?, ready to give up

Please Login to Remove!

I don't know if this is a problem due to running Vista Ultimate 64 bit or something else.

I moved out to the sticks and do not have internet so I hooked up with an unlimited data plan with my carrier, T-Mobile.

I hooked up my then non-BB phone and preceded to spend hours trying to hook it up but windows would not recognize it as a modem.

I decided it was the phone so upgraded to a BB Curve 8320 (only good thing to come out of this so far, I LOVE MY BB!)

I am having the same problems with tethering the BB as I was with the other phone.

I can find the modem in the Phone and Modem area and set up the Advance command and query the modem and all seems fine but when I try to set up a connection I get the same error all the time:

"Windows could not detect a dial-up modem"

I have read a LOT of post on the forums about tethering but I can not get it to work.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Jonny
Old 01-15-2009, 07:48 AM   #2
UncleMike
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
PIN: ch me, I must be dreaming
Carrier: Verizon

When I read the subject of the thread my first thought was that you'll need 64-bit drivers for it to work, but since you can successfully query the modem, my suspicion is that the problem is somewhere else. Have you tried desktop manager, and if so, can you see your device with it and backup your device?
Old 01-15-2009, 10:30 AM   #3
LoneStarSage

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Yes, I read that you have to have the program running so that the handheld program is running in the background so I have used it and did do a backup with it.

I fear that this has something to do with having a 64 bit version Vista instead of the more common 32 bit.
Closed Thread