Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 01:59 PM   #1
Rebel XT
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: Rogers
Default Why is Media Manager

Please Login to Remove!

My blackberry media manager (desktop manager v4.6) is sooooo slow and I have no idea why. It always crawls through the screens when I'm trying to manage the pictures and songs from laptop to the memory

Anyone else run into this issue and if how did you fix it?

Thanks!
Old 01-14-2009, 02:34 PM   #2
gian
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Go Mobile

Seems kinda obvious but a re-install might be in order. Other than that perhaps a conflict with another app on your pc?
Old 01-15-2009, 03:39 PM   #3
masonfoley
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: AT&T

Not to be flippant but it's a POS app. I had the same experience. The UI is unbelievably sluggish. As such, I don't use it.

I simply move video files over manually through Windows Explorer after using CloneDVD mobile to rip a DVD or AVS Video Converter to convert my BeyondTV DVR recordings. To manage my MP3s, I use MediaMonkey and manage a playlist that automatically updates when the BBerry is hooked up.

"If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. No Nation could preserve it's freedom in the midst of continual warfare." -- James Madison.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:56 PM   #4
ndub33
Stuck In The '70's Mod

Model: 9810
Carrier: T-Mobile

Moving folders manually through Windows Exploer is always an option-but try the reinstall first. I personally don't have any speed issues with mine.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:03 PM   #5
JasW

PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

It is indeed an unbelievably slug-like app. I allowed it to scan my whole PC for media files when I first hooked it up. That took something on the order of 18 hours or so.

To make matters worse, it incorporated the artist, album, and other info incorporated into an mp3 or other song file on only a tiny fraction of the music I have on my PC. I had to run MusicID to get the info put into Media Manager, which took at least another hour or so.

I have only transferred a few dozen songs over to my current 2GB card. I should be receiving a 16GB card any day now. I am dreading having to copy all of my songs over. Happily, it should be a one-time deal (like the other hassles detailed above).
Closed Thread