Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 08:45 AM   #1
bruceweinstein
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Rogers Wireless
Default Adding BB to a BES server issue

Please Login to Remove!

I am very new to this BES administration and I have an issue I would like to gain some knowledge on before pursuing. My place of work deals with Rogers AT&T for the BB's. I have my own BB issued through Telus. I wish to propose that I get my BB on the BES in order to get my emails from work. Can a Telus BB be attached to a BES that uses primarily Rogers AT&T service? I am also wondering the cost of additional licences. Our company has so many licenses and in order to add my phone I am guessing I may have to pay for the license. Can anyone think of a fair proposal I could present to my employer in order to get my BB hooked up?

Look forward to your replies.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:57 AM   #2
emale
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: Rogers

To answer your first question...

YES the BES is not carrier specific. ANY recent version (3.6) BES can host ANY BlackBerry no matter the model/network.

Cost of a license is a one time fee of around $80 - $100, but this can be negotiated with some carriers if you purchase alot of handhelds from them.

Tell your work it will make you more productive and that you will never stop working if they give you an account on the BES (With MDS enabled of course)
Old 09-29-2004, 06:40 PM   #3
otto
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by emale
Tell your work it will make you more productive and that you will never stop working if they give you an account on the BES (With MDS enabled of course)
heheh.. :D

in all seriousness, the cost of one license is EXTREMELY justifiable for the productivity they gain from you (assuming you are on the road a lot and email is the main communication point for you with clients or co-workers).
Closed Thread