BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 01:13 AM   #61
mizditz101
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: iPhne
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

It's gonna be 1-2% (no thats NOT fact) out of all their customers that can get away with it lol. More power to those that can thats for sure, but I'd hate not being able to send/receive mms messages :P

I said cannot, because 98% of the reps you talk to will say this same thing, no matter how far you push. It's the easiest way to say it because most people aren't going to sit there, on the phone (or on the counter) for 3 hours arguing with a rep that doesn't wanna budge.

It's the simple, easy answer, for simple "I want an easy answer" people =D
Old 02-22-2008, 02:00 AM   #62
mtcrew

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizditz101 View Post
It's gonna be 1-2% (no thats NOT fact) out of all their customers that can get away with it lol. More power to those that can thats for sure, but I'd hate not being able to send/receive mms messages :P

I said cannot, because 98% of the reps you talk to will say this same thing, no matter how far you push. It's the easiest way to say it because most people aren't going to sit there, on the phone (or on the counter) for 3 hours arguing with a rep that doesn't wanna budge.

lol, that's very true, I obviously was really lucky during the whole pearl situation. anyway I don't care to have the BB plan anyhow I only use it for the music, sms, and calling feature anyway.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:51 AM   #63
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtcrew View Post
Your right it is completely impossible because your verizon friend knows it all.. xD
half the time when you speak to a verizon rep you get a different answer from the previous one. as for the pictures, obviously there is no way to prove it because they're "doctored up". look at my actual plan NTIONWIDE FAM SH PRI 700 ANY UNL N&W UNL IN $60 S4968 1107, That is not a nationwide DATA plan that you supposedly must have to own a blackberry phone and I definitely didn't make that up. of course you think you know everything because your a "BlackBerry Mensa" lol and you'll just say that I completely made all that up, doctored some photos and wasted all my time BS'ing everyone. all I was trying to do was to help those that wanted the phones like me without the BB plan. Now do I know they won't catch this error in the future and make me switch to the nationwide data plan instead of the regular voice plan (which is completely different btw) I don't know maybe they will. But as of now I do not have any BB plan.
Before you accuse me of anything you need to make sure you are accusing the right person. I didnt say you doctored anything I said I dont believe you and that I dont download zip files from people I dont know. Please get the fact straight before posting.

And I never once claimed to know more than anyone, my post count is due to activity on these boards.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:31 AM   #64
Demon
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
PIN: 304fcd63

I would be happy to pull up the account in question and put this whole issue to rest.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:33 AM   #65
Demon

Quote:

It has nothing to do with not wanting to budge. We flat out do not have the ability to do it. The "easy" answer would be to say "sure, we can remove data" because that would end the conversation with the customer happy, problem is we cannot remove it.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:35 AM   #66
Demon

Quote:
Your right it is completely impossible because your verizon friend knows it all.. xD
half the time when you speak to a verizon rep you get a different answer from the previous one. as for the pictures, obviously there is no way to prove it because they're "doctored up". look at my actual plan NTIONWIDE FAM SH PRI 700 ANY UNL N&W UNL IN $60 S4968 1107, That is not a nationwide DATA plan that you supposedly must have to own a blackberry phone and I definitely didn't make that up. of course you think you know everything because your a "BlackBerry Mensa" lol and you'll just say that I completely made all that up, doctored some photos and wasted all my time BS'ing everyone. all I was trying to do was to help those that wanted the phones like me without the BB plan. Now do I know they won't catch this error in the future and make me switch to the nationwide data plan instead of the regular voice plan (which is completely different btw) I don't know maybe they will. But as of now I do not have any BB plan.
FYI... you don't need to be on a Nationwide data/email plan. You can be on the family share plan you are on with the data feature on the account, which I'm sure is the case.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:13 PM   #67
PatrickBateman

If you call the *611 number for Verizon vs going into a store to find out the plans they will tell you that you can run the Blackberry with a basic data plan, which is a fixed price for 10MB, after that you have to pay for every MB over that.

In the store they will tell you that you need the 29.95 per month BIS unlimited plan or the 44.95 BES package.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:23 PM   #68
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickBateman View Post
If you call the *611 number for Verizon vs going into a store to find out the plans they will tell you that you can run the Blackberry with a basic data plan, which is a fixed price for 10MB, after that you have to pay for every MB over that.

In the store they will tell you that you need the 29.95 per month BIS unlimited plan or the 44.95 BES package.
The 10 mb is still a BB data plan though.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:29 PM   #69
PatrickBateman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
The 10 mb is still a BB data plan though.
Yeah but it is a 3rd option, whereas some of the posts in this thread and the Verizon stores seem to make it out that its a 29.95 or 44.95 choice.

Just wanted to clarify that there is that lower priced option for someone who isn't using it much.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:52 PM   #70
mizditz101
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: iPhne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon View Post
It has nothing to do with not wanting to budge. We flat out do not have the ability to do it. The "easy" answer would be to say "sure, we can remove data" because that would end the conversation with the customer happy, problem is we cannot remove it.
When you say "we" do you work with verizon? Hehe
I understand the whole can't remove it though. Makes sense, if you try you probably get some big red "that's a no no!" on your screen =)
I guess I worded it the way I did because people have claimed to get away with no data. Not wanting to start an argument, I made it sound like it was the reps Hehe sorry about that. I must admit, I could never be a rep, especially for verizon

-edit-
Happy 100th post to me! wee!

Last edited by mizditz101; 02-22-2008 at 02:55 PM..
Old 02-22-2008, 03:19 PM   #71
Demon

Quote:
When you say "we" do you work with verizon?
Yes, I do.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:09 PM   #72
mtcrew

Quote:
FYI... you don't need to be on a Nationwide data/email plan. You can be on the family share plan you are on with the data feature on the account, which I'm sure is the case.
well if you had checked the images I posted you would have saved yourself this post and many others as you can plainly see it's not a data plan, and that I have the Blackberry pearl on there. Remember that I talked them into putting the Blackberry on my original plan nothing extra as I told them I received a promotion to do so. However now that I look back at the promotion AD it said I needed to sign up for the data plan to get the phones. But, He managed to get permission from his supervisor to get me the phones on my current plan on the merit of my request.

Quote:
I would be happy to pull up the account in question and put this whole issue to rest.
yea right.. I bet you would and then I would also be an extra $60 out of my pocket lol
Old 02-23-2008, 08:14 AM   #73
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:

yea right.. I bet you would and then I would also be an extra $60 out of my pocket lol

I cant believe you would think a respected member of this community, who has helped countless people would screw you over like that. I would give my money to demon any day of the week. He has saved me a ton of money already.

There are quite a few folks here who have used his service and all are quite happy.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:19 AM   #74
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000

if it is a glitch then it should get fixed eventually. give it some time next time they go through the account for a spot check the feature will get automatically added I am sure.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:47 PM   #75
hrmles1
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
Actually any retailer can refuse any sale for any reason. They just cant be prejudicial about it. They can sell your the phone full price as well, but they can refuse to activate it. Wouldnt be very good service of them in either case, but they would be well within their rights
Actually, this is not true. I attempted to purchase a phone from a Verizon kiosk inside a Circuit City store. When I informed the salesperson that I wanted to pay full retail for the phone he told me that he would not sell it to me. When I pressed him for a reason he said that he sold his phones with new activations.

I left and went to my car and called Verizon customer service to inform them of what this man was doing. They in turn called the salesperson and informed him that he could not refuse the sale of a phone at full retail.

I did not get the phone from the Circuit City store but did purchase it from a Verizon corporate store. Customer service gave me a $50 credit and thanked me for reporting the situation.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:50 PM   #76
Demon

Quote:
Why would I do that? It is very well known around here that I don't care about making Verizon money. I care about saving people money and doing what is in their best interest, not Verizon's.
Old 02-24-2008, 12:04 AM   #77
mtcrew

Quote:
Why would I do that? It is very well known around here that I don't care about making Verizon money. I care about saving people money and doing what is in their best interest, not Verizon's.
well if you must know first of all I wasn't being serious that you would do that to me. However, on the other hand I am new to this forum and also this is the first time I've met you. So in all honesty I would not hand my personal information to you. I know there seems to be many that trust you in this forum but honestly I can't say I can as I don't know you.
Old 02-24-2008, 12:40 AM   #78
nosidam

Model: 9630

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrmles1 View Post
Actually, this is not true. I attempted to purchase a phone from a Verizon kiosk inside a Circuit City store. When I informed the salesperson that I wanted to pay full retail for the phone he told me that he would not sell it to me. When I pressed him for a reason he said that he sold his phones with new activations.

I left and went to my car and called Verizon customer service to inform them of what this man was doing. They in turn called the salesperson and informed him that he could not refuse the sale of a phone at full retail.
Actually, it is true. You simply got him in trouble with his corporate parents for violating their policy. Had you called the local police, they would have told you to take a hike.
Old 02-24-2008, 12:42 AM   #79
akira751
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: verizon

Quote:
I'm new to this forum and have read many of your post and I do trust you.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:25 PM   #80
master toothwalker

Model: none
Carrier: verizon
Default Thanks!

Quote:
I just registered so that I could respond to you demon (you really should change that name!) to say thanks for your help. I read in several places that you can get the Pearl without the data plan, but since you are an employee you really cleared that up. Thanks for the help and saving me time from calling and begging to probably only have Verizon add the data package in a couple of months anyway!
Closed Thread