BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 03:34 PM   #1
mikeyg6

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Default Are there problems with the last update?

Please Login to Remove!

I'm relatively new to blackberry, I've only had one since October, but I've had to update mine a couple times already. After the last update I've had nothing but problems. I cannot add a contact without my phone freezing and having to pull out the battery to restart it. Also, ever since I got the phone my text messages were limited to 160 characters, but when I would create a text when I have zero service, there would be 160 limit per page, and I could type 10 pages, the page option is only there when I don't have service! When I get service again, the message will not send no matter what, it says retries exceeded and will never send. It's just annoying having to send a MMS when i have something more than a sentence or two. That's not all, is it possible that maybe it has a virus? There is one person in my contacts that I cannot text, if she texts me I can usually open the message (sometimes it just doesn't open) but there is no text box to type in! So again, I just have to send an MMS instead, but its just a hassle. Last but not least (for now) is probably the most annoying thing ever. When I receive a text or a forward with sound in it, whatever sound it is turns into my ringtone automatically and I cannot figure out how to stop it. Not only that, but my phone will play the noise when I end calls, cancel a message, and just at random times too! It even happens on silent/vibrate/and all the ring levels, it doesnt change, and you cannot mute it once it starts! Once again have to take the battery out, which wastes a lot of time because we all know how long these babies take to start up! Love my Tour, just wish I could get this all fixed! Any info would help.. or ask me questions if I didnt give enough info.
thanks
Old 06-03-2010, 04:46 PM   #2
paramedic233
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
PIN: ch me, I'm dreaming!
Carrier: Sprint BIS

Perhaps the best bet it to bring it back to the local store, and tell them the problems that you are having, and request a new one.
Or, reload your OS.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:47 PM   #3
Heavy Fluid
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930
PIN: Ask please
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

You need a new OS. Google 5.0.0.419 and load that, there are instructions that are easy to follow on this forum.

You don't have a virus, you just have a garbage OS on there, that Verizon decided to use.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:10 PM   #4
TXLady
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg6 View Post
After the last update .....
Which update (version) would that be? Are you only installing the official Verizon ones? Did you do the OTA update or use Loader? Makes a difference.

I've had no problems but I did do all my updates using Loader on both of my phones. I am currently running 5.0.0.662 (a Verizon beta).

For future, it would be helpful to break your post into paragraphs so it will be easier to read. It's really hard to follow.

Quote:
is it possible that maybe it has a virus?
Nope. No known blackberry viruses to date.

Ref the sound thing, if you'll do a search here, it was a problem with one of the OS's (I think the official Verizon update -- can't remember which specific version) and specifically seemed to be tied to those who had done the update OTA.
Closed Thread