searly
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: Mine...
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelhaBB View Post
I highly recommend not installing Weatherbug. This program causes problems in any device it is installed within. It also opens you up to spyware and reports back on your habits.

I wish people would just sell similar applications for a one-time fee and keep it free of spyware.
I hate to agree with his but I do. I have tried and tried to get this app to work. No luck here..... I will be giving it another chance again soon just to see if things get worked out as I do like the looks and feel of it, and love the GPS possibility.

I have gotten BBWeather to work on the storm for now and I really like have that old faithful around. It has never let me down!
Old 12-16-2008, 01:06 PM   #162
jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

Model: 9630
PIN: ????
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I have been using the AccuWeather push service from the Blackberry site and it seems to work really well. With the Rev A connection the web site actually pops up very quickly.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:37 PM   #163
searly
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: Mine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by searly View Post
I hate to agree with his but I do. I have tried and tried to get this app to work. No luck here..... I will be giving it another chance again soon just to see if things get worked out as I do like the looks and feel of it, and love the GPS possibility.

I have gotten BBWeather to work on the storm for now and I really like have that old faithful around. It has never let me down!
I have had some requests as to how I got BBWeather up and running. Here is all I did...

The first thing I did was go into options > advanced options > applications. From there find the BBWeather app and highlight it. Once highlighted, hit the blackberry button on the device and highlight "View Properties" change all of these to "allow". Next, make sure you "Disable compatibility mode". Exit out of this and then go to the app on your phone. (you may want to do a battery, I can not remember if I did or not....

Once you get the app open, hit the blackberry button again and scroll to options. Highlight "Current Profiles" at the top of the page and hit the blackberry button again. Highlight ADD from there and you should be on your way! Just make sure you save it once you leave set-up!
Old 12-24-2008, 05:24 PM   #164
jskolm85
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Verizon Wireless

They updated it again... but the in app update doesn't seem to be working. Use the link from the first post.

Version is 0.1.0.274

You can now adjust the home screen update and display and you can turn off the GPS Location update. This version seems to be much better now, faster and with more settings.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:28 PM   #165
CEV
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb3 View Post
Open that link from your browser on your Storm and the file will download and install.

Well, you'll have to click the download button first....
I have done this and it said that it installed successfully. What else do I need to do? It is not working. There is nothing on the main screen. I found it in my downloads folder. I click on on it, and it comes up saying "Locating...." with the option to cancel. It stays on this for a few minutes until I click Cancel and I am not able to do anything else. Please advise.

Thanks,

Chad
Old 01-01-2009, 08:54 PM   #166
evilblade
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9500
PIN: 20CAAE94
Carrier: Vodafone UK

Go to settings, remove automatic locate position (or smth).
Add your location by hand.
Move Icon (program) to root dir in first 4 (8, 12) places to se on home screen.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:55 PM   #167
CEV
Thumbs Must Hurt

Got it. Thanks.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:43 PM   #168
patyacht

If you are having GPS location issues:
Make sure you have turned on Gps Services "Location On" under Options, Advance Options, GPS
Old 01-02-2009, 01:46 PM   #169
patyacht

If you are having problems downloading the jad make sure when typing in the address, type it in just as posted. DO NOT include the 3 w's before blackberry
Old 01-02-2009, 05:04 PM   #170
zebo51
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: TAIL ON DONKEY

Just tried the latest version and still slow on certain things. It opens fine and updates on open fairly fast, but anytime I hit the Menu button it takes anywhere from 30 - 60 secs for it to come up. I turned off GPS and also deleted other locations so there was only one and still no difference.

Actually my whole device seems slower now just navigating around. I did a battery pull too. I am running VZW .75. It is too bad because I really like the app, but not worth the slowing of performance to me.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:01 PM   #171
ecosse

Model: 9500
Carrier: Airtel

Mine's acting very strange. The first time I installed it, it worked fine. However, the next time I did it (after wiping my phone), it just keeps hanging. I don't understand. Everything installs fine and then when I go to start it, it just hangs the phone. Please help. Thanks.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:02 PM   #172
dietcoke
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: dCoke
Carrier: o2

make sure compatibiliity mode is turned off for the application. that is what killed it for me. Working now on .99
Old 03-01-2009, 04:05 PM   #173
adorkable

PIN: Ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewlor View Post
I have solved my issues with weatherbug. I installed weatherbug on my wife's storm and it worked perfectly. I compared things between our phones and noticed she had BBmaps installed and I uninstalled mine. So I installed BBmaps on my phone and it reinstalled Weatherbug and it works perfectly. Just thought this might work for others.

This solved the lock up problem for me as well. They really should clarify that you have to have BBMaps installed for it to work.

Now my only issue is the My Location setting. Google Maps and BBMaps both give an accurate location via GPS. When I choose "Update (GPS Fix)" it sticks me in a zip code twenty miles from here. I've been able to add a location that's much closer, but it would be nice if the GPS location were correct. I even went outside to do it and got the same results. Any ideas?
Old 03-02-2009, 11:02 AM   #174
youngdoc

Model: Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by adorkable View Post
This solved the lock up problem for me as well. They really should clarify that you have to have BBMaps installed for it to work.

Now my only issue is the My Location setting. Google Maps and BBMaps both give an accurate location via GPS. When I choose "Update (GPS Fix)" it sticks me in a zip code twenty miles from here. I've been able to add a location that's much closer, but it would be nice if the GPS location were correct. I even went outside to do it and got the same results. Any ideas?
Hmm, this may be my problem as well. How do I reinstall BB Maps?
Old 03-02-2009, 11:36 AM   #175
rickthornton

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngdoc View Post
Hmm, this may be my problem as well. How do I reinstall BB Maps?
You can reinstall BB Maps by connecting to DM and selecting the Install Applications icon, and then with your list comes up, check the box for BB Maps.

Like other's have indicated, my Storm locked up everytime I tried to run WeatherBug, until I reinstalled BB Maps. Works fine now.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:35 PM   #176
Briman

Quote:
You should check out the Weatherbug Forums for BB

It's mentioned in a STICKY in their WB for BB forum that BBMaps is needed for WB to work.

I have noticed that when I used WB to get weather for my location it picked a local college nearby as my location. That college is well known in the area for broadcasting local weather. Perhaps WB picks the closest known weather station. I noticed another instatnce when I was within 5 miles of an airport and WB reported my location as being at the airport. There's a weather station at the airport. Just a thought...
Old 03-03-2009, 07:53 PM   #177
adorkable

That's nice of them to clarify on their forum that BBMaps is needed, but it would probably be more helpful for them to place the warning clearly on their download page.

Anyhooter, I don't think it selects the closest known location. If that were the case, I wouldn't have had to add a location. Of the list I was given to chose from, three of the locations were closer than the original one it selected by GPS, once of which is in the same zip code. :\
Old 03-04-2009, 09:33 AM   #178
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

Is WeatherBug supposed to save locations? I have to re-enter the ZIP code, even for cities I travel to frequently. I see no way to save locations.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:43 PM   #179
adorkable

On mine it seems to save the locations I enter automatically.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:05 PM   #180
Briman

Quote:
On mine it seems to save the locations I enter automatically.
Mine saved the locations I entered manually as well.
Closed Thread