Old 06-30-2010, 12:10 PM   #1
MoniLuv
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T (formerly Cingular)
Thumbs down Privacy Manager - FEEDBACK

Please Login to Remove!

What's your experience with "Privacy Manager"? I purchase this app for $15, which would be well worth it, except for:
1. The caller hears TWO rings before hearing the busy signal which I've assigned.
2. My blackberry is LOGGING the calls (missed call icon) and alerting me via Blackberry Alerts.

Isn't the point of a program like this is not be disturbed/distracted and completely dismiss unwanted callers for FIFTEEN dollars????

This program's saving grace is the "busy tone" option and the option to assign different rejecting method to different groups of callers.

I'm also running mCall Manager Pro, which I LOVE, except for the fact the reject feature treats ALL rejected callers the same, and no "busy signal" option. It does have "pick up, then hang up" option, but the caller can hear this and assumes you're haning up on them = RUDE! Not a good look you.

However, mCall Manger Pro does NOT log the call on your BB unless you've changed the preferences, and it does NOT give you the missed call icon. YOU ARE NOT DISTURBED AT ALL with mCall Manager Pro.

Does anyone know of a prgram that does what both of these do all in ONE app? I would LOVE for the prgm to:
1. Have busy tone option
2. NOT alert of missed calls (via missed call icon on home screen)
3. NOT log the missed call on BB call log
4. Works SEEMLESSLY in the background 100%, leaving completely unaware that calls were rejected until/unless I check the apps' call log.

Suggestions..?
Old 07-01-2010, 07:55 AM   #2
adperdue
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
PIN: wheel
Carrier: ATT

I have two words for you. Google Voice. Seriously, go check it out.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:47 AM   #3
MoniLuv

Quote:
Originally Posted by adperdue View Post
I have two words for you. Google Voice. Seriously, go check it out.

I actually JUST downloaded it yesterday. It will be a useful tool going forward, but I'm not sure how I can incorporate it to do what I am trying to do now.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:57 AM   #4
adperdue

Wirelessly posted (8130)

There are quite a few resources available to help you learn to use google voice. Just use your google-fu and you will find uses for it. Just make sure everybody gets your gvoice number to make it effective. Do not disturb is a great feature. So is call blocking, callers immediately get a disconnected number notice.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:58 PM   #5
MoniLuv

Default Privacy Manager - Missed Call Alert

Does ANYONE used this program for blocking calls? I would like to know if while using this program, and a call on your blocked list comes through, is this call logged on the blackberry itself, also notifying you of it by the "missed call icon" on the home screen?

I have been going round and round with the customer service at the developer, who I must say is the BEST I've experience with any third party app to date - keeps telling me such calls are NOT supposed to appear in the "missed call icon."

We've tried everything we can both think of:

1. Updating my OS - at&t only supports a 4.6.+++ version
2. Uninstalling and reinstalling the latest program
3. Downgrading to a previous version of their app

None of these works. I would love a refund for $15.99 but unfortunately ALL SALES ARE FINAL on BBappworld????? I will NEVER use them again for any program that does not offer a trial first.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:27 PM   #6
MoniLuv

Default Privacy Manager - Missed Call Alert

Does ANYONE used this program for blocking calls? I would like to know if while using this program, and a call on your blocked list comes through, is this call logged on the blackberry itself, also notifying you of it by the "missed call icon" on the home screen?

I have been going round and round with the customer service at the developer, who I must say is the BEST I've experience with any third party app to date - keeps telling me such calls are NOT supposed to appear in the "missed call icon."

We've tried everything we can both think of:

1. Updating my OS - at&t only supports a 4.6.+++ version
2. Uninstalling and reinstalling the latest program
3. Downgrading to a previous version of their app

None of these works. I would love a refund for $15.99 but unfortunately ALL SALES ARE FINAL on BBappworld????? I will NEVER use them again for any program that does not offer a trial first.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:04 PM   #7
adperdue

I use gvoice for blocking calls, all the caller hears is a number no longer in service message, like when you call a disconnected number. You have no notification on the blackberry that anyone called, no ring, no icons, no log. Also, you can set it up to screen unknown callers, they have to record their name, then you can send it to voicemail, and listen while they leave a message.

I will find you a link to 10 great ways to use gvoice.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:46 PM   #8
adperdue

This should get you started Hands On With Google Voice--This Is Really Cool - PCWorld
Old 09-22-2010, 08:53 AM   #9
asgoldstar

Model: 8350i
Carrier: Nextel
Default Privacy Manager

I bought it the othe day but as of yet haven't gotten it to block the calls from the number I put in the blacklist.
Closed Thread