BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 03:57 PM   #1
baraka081608

Model: 8120
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t mobile
Default BB 8900 hotmail issue: The End user will receive the email with question marks if usi

Please Login to Remove!

*** BB 8900 hotmail issue: The End user will receive the email with question marks if using hotmail site/hotmail email icon from the BB***

I have purchased a Blackberry curve 8900 from T mobile. It is a Multilanguage supported, it is V4.6.1.114 and platform is 4.2.0.76.

the issue I am having is only with hotmail, it is either when I use my hotmail email icon on my BB or when I log into the hotmail site from my blackberry, also it is whether I am replying or composing a new message.

When I type in Arabic to reply or to compose a new message, using my hotmail email icon or logging to the website from my BB the end user will receive my Arabic text as a question marks, like this : xxx8220;??? ???????? xxx8220;

I can receive Arabic text to my hotmail email icon or when I logging to the site.
I tried using a different languages and I found out that any language that does not use the English characters will have the same above issue when sending an email using the hotmail email icon or logging to hotmail from their BB.
I tried Hebrew and Chinese and I was so surprised that I got the same issue.

The above issue was not happening when I was using my BB 8120, I used to copy and paste when composing a new message or replying to an email over my hotmail email icon or when I log into hotmail from my BB but why it is happening with BB 8900.

I spent over 5 hrs with t- mobile and RIM trying to fix this issue but RIM believes that this is a hotmail issue and they said we don't have a fix and t-mobile said the end user should receive your Arabic text if the end user device ( pc or BB ) is Arabic supported ( which they are and I have tested with my own BB and PC ) but we will replace your phone ( my 8900 is only 3 hrs old ! )

Also I spent over 3 hrs of troubleshooting the issue but no hope.

Since this BB is a Multilanguage, I can have my os Arabic and same issue.
I have 4 Gmail accounts and I am not having any issues with them, I can receive and send Arabic also the end use receives my Arabic text.
I have no issues with live message, I can send and receive Arabic.

It is only hotmail account and it is only when I send an email from hotmail site from my BB or when using the hotmail email icon on my BB, the end use will receive the question marks and not my Arabic text also I found out that other characters that are not English will have the same issue.

Maybe an issue with the hotmail outbound encoding settings form the server end that is not resolving the Arabic text to the end users !!

Any idea ! I am ready to any troubleshooting also people who uses other languages ( not English characters ) please try the above.

Last edited by baraka081608; 03-29-2009 at 03:58 PM..
Old 03-30-2009, 12:25 PM   #2
Nextel User
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8220
Carrier: AT&T

your recieving devices must be able to read the arabic.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:03 AM   #3
baraka081608

Model: 8120
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t mobile

yeah !! but they not.

also users who are using BB 9000 bold are having the same issue. go to:

BlackBerry Support Community Forums : Smartphones : BlackBerry 9000 Series Smartphone - BlackBerry Bold : Re: Garbled Email Sent By Blackberry Bold

and u will see my updates when u check the above page, sorry i am not able to post a link, i still have 9 posts to be able to post a link.
Closed Thread