BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 10:48 AM   #1
duofold
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700g
Default Hi from the Twin Cities, MN

Please Login to Remove!

My wife & I have been subscribing to Qwest Wireless since 1999. While we still have a line on Qwest (sweet grandfathered 1000 min plan), we finally drifted out and tried T-Mobile last August.

I confess, we were bitten by the RAZR bug and I was curious about GSM (vs. Qwest's CDMA). So far, everything has been very nice on T-Mobile. Coverage was good and seems to have gotten better - dropped calls/deadzones are a rarity.

With confidence in T-Mobile in tow, I was lured by Amazon's brief fling with the free-after-rebate 8700g. My wife is on the road throughout the Twin Cities a lot, so I thought it would be handy if she had immediate access to email & internet.

I've been lurking for the past couple of weeks, so thanks for all of the posts from the experienced members & the tireless reiterations of the BB basics by the mods.

If this works as well as I hope, I'll look back at the past 7 years with awe and see how far everything has changed (for us). We were Palm devotees for so long (still own a dusty Tungsten T & Tungsten C). To jump from that to the 8700g will be exciting.

Thanks again and hope to see everyone around!
Old 05-03-2006, 12:00 PM   #2
paulbblc
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: ip 3g
PIN: 8675309
Carrier: AT&T

Welcome fellow TC'ian. It's nice to see a few more of us on here!

Any questions, dont be afraid to PIN me.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:35 PM   #3
duofold

Thanks to Paul for the help! 2 days with the BB & I confess, all else has fallen by the wayside.

So far:

Installed Google Maps, BBWeather, BBCorrector, & Berry 411 Search - outstanding tools and work flawlessly.

Feeling invigorated, paired a bluetooth headset with the BB - works & the Bluetooth icon finally appears on the homescreen (looked high & low for placing the bluetooth icon before I actually paired). Sounds great...although voice dial would be a nice addition.

While I finally set up 3 gmail accounts on the BB (forwarded & not popped - thanks Paul), could not see japanese text. No good for my wife. Until I realized that Gmail Mobile through the browser was a nice workaround. Also find Google Mobile a cleaner + quicker interface.

Finally, stumbled upon the Telstra thread here. What the heck, I was ****sure with all of the recent success, why not chase the latest OS. Followed the directions by Seattle18 & wow! I like the friction of the Cingular theme on my 8700g on T-Mobile.

Midnight reading last night on the threads by Larry Greenberg & Stinsonddog led to orders for the OEM RIM leather swivel holster & ScreenPatronous. When you stand on the shoulders of giants...

Yes, I confess...I'm a nascent addict.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:32 PM   #4
mriff
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: iPhon
PIN: High
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by duofold
Thanks to Paul for the help! 2 days with the BB & I confess, all else has fallen by the wayside.

So far:

Installed Google Maps, BBWeather, BBCorrector, & Berry 411 Search - outstanding tools and work flawlessly.

Feeling invigorated, paired a bluetooth headset with the BB - works & the Bluetooth icon finally appears on the homescreen (looked high & low for placing the bluetooth icon before I actually paired). Sounds great...although voice dial would be a nice addition.

While I finally set up 3 gmail accounts on the BB (forwarded & not popped - thanks Paul), could not see japanese text. No good for my wife. Until I realized that Gmail Mobile through the browser was a nice workaround. Also find Google Mobile a cleaner + quicker interface.

Finally, stumbled upon the Telstra thread here. What the heck, I was ****sure with all of the recent success, why not chase the latest OS. Followed the directions by Seattle18 & wow! I like the friction of the Cingular theme on my 8700g on T-Mobile.

Midnight reading last night on the threads by Larry Greenberg & Stinsonddog led to orders for the OEM RIM leather swivel holster & ScreenPatronous. When you stand on the shoulders of giants...

Yes, I confess...I'm a nascent addict.
Lol, duofold needs to jump straight to Crackberry Addict. Liking that Zen theme?
Old 05-06-2006, 09:32 AM   #5
paulbblc
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: ip 3g
PIN: 8675309
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by mriff
Lol, duofold needs to jump straight to Crackberry Addict. Liking that Zen theme?
I'd say!!! I tried to warn him. Nice job Duofold on getting so much done in such a little bit of time!

Any other questions please feel free to ask.

Paul
Old 05-06-2006, 02:53 PM   #6
duofold

You know, the shame is this was intended for my wife...and after showing her the tweaked & tuned BB, she really loves it. As much as I do.

So when my claim to hold on to it until the battery is conditioned expires, it'll be tough to turn it over.

Well, at least my other contracts are due to expire.
Closed Thread