BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 03:48 PM   #1
gordita

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default bought problematic curve 8310, possible to get it swapped by at&t??

Please Login to Remove!

please help.
I bought a brand new BB curve 8310 which soft reboots all the time. (bought it from a private seller on craigslist)
The seller now refuses any communication from me and i'm trying to understand if I have any options with AT&T.

I'm an existing at&t subscriber that is not on a yr long commitment. just on a month to month basis.
can I call at&t and tell them to put this BB curve on my account and call them the next day and tell them i'm having problems with it and they would be able to fix it?
or do I sign up for insurance protection and then call them?

I can attest to the fact that this BB curve was new because I opened all the packaging and I was flying out of the country the next day so I did not have the time to test it.

my other alternative is to really fight hard to get through to the seller and I will do this if no other options exist.
i'm just liking this BB and if there is a way that AT&T can swap the phone, that would be great. it does have the AT&T logo on the phone.

I've also tried wiping the phone and reloaded the s/w from blackberry.com and no matter what I try, the phone reboots itself.
other than that, this curve is a great upgrade for me coming from a samsung blackjack.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:55 PM   #2
devnull
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: I747
Carrier: at&t

You are gonna try and cheat AT&T because you got cheated from a private seller?
Old 01-05-2010, 04:03 PM   #3
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Model: iP4S
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
I can attest to the fact that this BB curve was new because I opened all the packaging and I was flying out of the country the next day so I did not have the time to test it.
You can attest to the fact that it was new? And you are? Why should AT&T believe you?

- When AT&T says "where did you buy the phone," what will your answer be?
- When AT&T says "do you have proof of purchase from AT&T," what will your answer be?

If you answer these questions truthfully, what do you honestly expect their answer to be?

I doubt very seriously that you have any recourse other than the private seller (which, by the sound of it, you can't find). Additionally, I'm not so comfortable believing this phone to be new. I'm leaning towards you got taken. Don't dump that on AT&T. It's not their fault. And because AT&T passes that junk onto the end-users, don't dump that on me, either. It's not my fault.

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:30 PM   #4
duane534
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9930
PIN: Ask Me

BlackBerry has a warranty on it, but without a proof of purchase, you're up a creek.

What I would do in that situation is either resign and snag an 83xx for pennies on the dollar or grab a 9700. The 8310 is old news. Has been for a while.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:40 PM   #5
VIOLATOR
CrackBerry Addict

Model: BOLD
PIN: Pulled - 1, 2, 3 run!

Personally, I would try upgrading the OS.

David

Twitter
Old 01-05-2010, 08:45 PM   #6
duane534
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9930
PIN: Ask Me

Pity it won't run BB 5.0.
Closed Thread