BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 06:09 PM   #1
jrice8002003
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9650
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default How do I stop Facebook e-mails in my Yahoo! mail inbox?

Please Login to Remove!

Hey guys:

I did some searching and couldn't find a solution to my problem. I recently had to remove and re-install the Facebook app on my BlackBerry. In doing so, some of the settings must have changed. Now, I receive Facebook notifications through my app, as well as in my Yahoo! inbox. However, the e-mails I get via my Yahoo! mail on a PC do not hit my Yahoo! inbox on my BlackBerry.

I tried going into the Facebook settings on my PC to change some things around, but couldn't find a solution. I found where you can turn Facebook e-mail notifications off. Doing this stops the e-mails from coming to my Yahoo! inbox on my PC, but also stops sending any notifications to the app on my BlackBerry.

Basically what I want is for notifications to be on my phone and PC for Facebook, and nothing in my e-mail inbox. This is the way things were before I did the uninstall/reinstall. Can anyone help?

Thanks.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:38 AM   #2
scuzzilla
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Orange France

Wirelessly posted (always online)

Untick the message integration checkbox in the FB app settings.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:21 PM   #3
jrice8002003

That didn't work. Still getting messages in my Yahoo! inbox. Any other ideas?
Old 05-18-2010, 09:31 PM   #4
VIOLATOR
CrackBerry Addict

Model: BOLD
PIN: Pulled - 1, 2, 3 run!
Carrier: AT&T

Go into the Account settings - Notifications. Uncheck all "E-mail" notifications and/or SS Notifications.

I have the same problem anytime I update or log-off and back on via the FB app for BB.

David

Twitter
Old 05-19-2010, 05:52 AM   #5
jrice8002003

When I do this, no notifications are sent to my Facebook app. What I'm looking for is nothing sent to my Yahoo! inbox, and all notifications pushed to my Facebook app. This is how it used to be, I don't understand what happened.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:57 PM   #6
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

In the Facebook app >Options, uncheck the box next to "Leave email notification messages on mail server."
Old 05-21-2010, 05:08 PM   #7
jrice8002003

I've played around with that setting as well. I just ensured it was unchecked, and saved changes. Logged out of the Facebook app as well as logged out of e-mail/Facebook on my PC. Did a hard reset with my BlackBerry. Logged back into the Facebook app. Logged onto my wife's Facebook profile on my PC and sent myself a test notification. Received it on my BlackBerry, received it on my PC. Cleared both of those notifications. Then logged into my e-mail and an e-mail notification STILL showed up. I am at a loss here.

Quick rundown of what my settings currently are:

1. Facebook app/Options...boxes checked include "BlackBerry Contacts application", "Update existing photos...", "Prompt before refreshing friend list", "Check spelling before sending", and "Automatically check for the newest version of Facebook."
2. Facebook account on PC...Account/Account Settings/Notifications tab...all boxes checked under the "e-mail" column. If I uncheck these, my Facebook app on my BlackBerry doesn't receive notifications, so I'm guessing these need to be checked. I've tried several combinations of checking and unchecking boxes at the bottom which include: "Facebook for BlackBerry Smartphones" and "FB Notifier".

Could someone please look at these same Facebook settings (within both the app and the web) and tell me which boxes they have checked/unchecked? I'm nearly going mad having to delete 50 Facebook notifications that I've already seen from my phone whenever I log into my Yahoo! inbox.
Old 05-22-2010, 03:07 AM   #8
Nielsdq

Model: 8900
Carrier: Proximus

I'm having the same problem with my hotmail inbox. Everything works perfectly, but i don't need the mails in my inbox! I tried changing settings in the BB app and in fb for PC, but nothing seems to fix my problem, just like jrice's problem. Anyone?
Closed Thread