BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 04:11 PM   #1
dcghost

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Time & Expense Software for Blackberry, with QuickBooks Integration...

Please Login to Remove!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciate any feedback on this...

I am trying to narrow down a program that will work with BlackBerry (in my case the Storm) and Quickbooks that will allow me to track vehicle mileage (for tax write-offs not as a billable expense to clients) have time management for myself and my employees, and any other expense tracking would be nice such as tracking company purchases, airline tickets, etc.

I have been looking at Exgis software and I was really excited about it until I found out that their Quickbooks integration is not so "seemless." It does not read employees as employees in quickbooks, but as vendors. So both myself and my business partner are listed as employees and we would have to have two entries, which really makes no sense. Also, as of right now it only tracks mileage as an expense to a client...puts it in outlook as a bill, which as I stated I don't need I just need to keep it tracked for end of year tax write offs.

Also...for the time management, it would need to be able to set specific hours for each client...
Old 04-07-2009, 04:55 PM   #2
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9780
Carrier: T-Mobile

Good luck. Most of the expense programs and time trackers have marginal at best integration with Quick Books. I'd love to be proven wrong, so I will watch this thread.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:36 PM   #3
dcghost

Model: 9530

Unfortunately I have to agree with you so far...lol...it sucks
Old 04-07-2009, 08:32 PM   #4
mgerbasio
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

All I can suggest is going to R&F Consulting, Inc.: Home and tell them you'd be interested in a blackberry version.

Regards-Michael G.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:06 PM   #5
embe

Model: BOLD
Carrier: Developer
Thumbs up blackberry time tracking application

Well I found timr.com this weekend. It doesn't provide a Quickbooks integration but you can export your data as csv. I've never used Quickbooks since MS-Word works perfekt for my billings.

timr works on my bold. It provides work time, project time AND vehicle mileage tracking (without having to bill for clients).

I usually use the bb notes to track my expenses.

It seems that they are brand new, I'd give timr a try.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:14 PM   #6
anthony13

Model: 6830

I heard of a guy who was using ProOnGo for his blackberry storm through twitter, but I dont know where to find it. He can take a picture of his expense receipt, and ProOnGo automatically updates an expense entry with the details.

He also told me it integrates with Quickbooks, and the expense book can be exported in pdf or excel. I asked about mileage and hours, and he said that was included as well.

I couldnt find the download anywhere. You guys have any ideas where I could get it? I would love to be able to just take a picture of my receipts and not hassle with entering all the details.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:44 PM   #7
KMurr

Model: 8800
Carrier: AT&T

Has anyone tried any of the Exgis BB time & Expense entry products? They also claim to be compatible w/ QB...but I'm doubtful.
Thanks!
Old 05-28-2009, 09:07 PM   #8
sawilson

Model: 8900
Carrier: rogers

I've actually found Exgis to be pretty sweet. I've integrated it with QB with no problems. I did have a few questions along the way but their support team was... supportive
Old 06-26-2009, 03:04 PM   #9
davehacker
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Storm

ProOnGo Expense will integrate with QuickBooks soon...please send an e-mail to [email address] if interested in a 'private beta' version that contains quickbook support.

-Dave, www.ProOnGo.com
Old 07-29-2009, 08:30 PM   #10
davehacker

ProOnGo Expense now supports QuickBooks officially. You can download directly from here: www.ProOnGo.com

ProOnGo Expense is FREE. It is also available via AppWorld but I recommend downloading from www.ProOnGo.com directly so you get the latest version with mileage and QuickBooks online support. I hope you'll find [email address] supportive too if you need any help or want new features
Old 09-02-2009, 10:47 PM   #11
davehacker

I recommend upgrading to the latest version of ProOnGo Expense today at www.ProOnGo.com. The latest version contains a lot of bug fixes\feature requests from customers (you can send requests straight from ProOnGo from the 'Help and Support' menu item).

ProOnGo is also looking to sign up people for a private beta if they need to fax expense reports. The new fax feature will allow you to fax expenses straight from your phone to a fax machine. Please contact [email address] for more info.

One tip: in BlackBerry options, ProOnGo Expense (and other apps you trust) will run a lot more smoothly if you Edit your BlackBerry options\permissions to 'Allow' ProOnGo.

-Dave, www.ProOnGo.com or [email address]
Old 01-17-2010, 05:56 PM   #12
phrider
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9812
PIN: 6.02214179E23
Carrier: TMO US

Based on their web site information, ProOnGo discusses integration with Quickbooks Online, not the PC-based versions. Is it the case Quickbooks Pro is not supported? Also, ProOnGo doesn't mention any pricing, so I worry how their business model works (visions of a Web 1.0 experience). Their update list makes it appear this is a product that is very actively supported. See http://www.proongo.com

Exgis seems to offer Quickbooks integration only with their multi-user $10/user/month product (cost effective if it works and the support is adequate), but they capture mileage, expenses, and time separately, which sounds very convenient. See Exgis Time and Expense Product Comparison

I'm starting to experiment with Acire's ReportAway because it's cheap, and I only need to capture cash expenses. It has expense photo integration, but without ProOnGo's character recognition features, although that is a promised feature from partner company. It does integrate with Quickbooks Pro, but I haven't messed with that stage yet. It is $8.99 for a copy, but it appears to be free if you sign up for a DocSnaps account for image capture at $7.99/month for an individual user (free 30 day trial). Acire and DocSnaps appear to be separate business. A new version of ReportAway has been recently released.
Acire ReportAway!
DocSnaps Plans and Pricing xxx8211; 2009 | Docsnaps

Anyone have experience with these or others?

Last edited by phrider; 01-17-2010 at 05:59 PM..
Old 01-17-2010, 06:20 PM   #13
davehacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrider View Post
Based on their web site information, ProOnGo discusses integration with Quickbooks Online, not the PC-based versions. Is it the case Quickbooks Pro is not supported? Also, ProOnGo doesn't mention any pricing, so I worry how their business model works (visions of a Web 1.0 experience). Their update list makes it appear this is a product that is very actively supported. See http://www.proongo.com

Exgis seems to offer Quickbooks integration only with their multi-user $10/user/month product (cost effective if it works and the support is adequate), but they capture mileage, expenses, and time separately, which sounds very convenient. See Exgis Time and Expense Product Comparison

I'm starting to experiment with Acire's ReportAway because it's cheap, and I only need to capture cash expenses. It has expense photo integration, but without ProOnGo's character recognition features, although that is a promised feature from partner company. It does integrate with Quickbooks Pro, but I haven't messed with that stage yet. It is $8.99 for a copy, but it appears to be free if you sign up for a DocSnaps account for image capture at $7.99/month for an individual user (free 30 day trial). Acire and DocSnaps appear to be separate business. A new version of ReportAway has been recently released.
Acire ReportAway!
DocSnaps Plans and Pricing – 2009 | Docsnaps

Anyone have experience with these or others?
ProOnGo Expense will soon support QuickBooks Pro (the PC version). If interested in signing up for the beta program that supports QuickBooks Pro, please contact [email address]. The advantage of the beta program is you can give feedback to support on how to make the product more useful and you get new features (like QuickBooks Pro) support earlier. A nice thing about the QuickBooks Pro feature is it will be included with the free version of ProOnGo. The only thing you will ever have to pay for is the Receipt Reader - the character recognition feature you mentioned - if you opt out the product is completely free.

Again, you can post here or for a faster response please contact [email address].

Thanks,

Dave, www.ProOnGo.com
Old 01-17-2010, 06:33 PM   #14
phrider
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9812
PIN: 6.02214179E23
Carrier: TMO US

Dave,

Thank you for the very quick response. I wasn't able to find the pricing alternatives for the Receipt Reader feature. What or where are they?
Old 01-20-2010, 01:29 AM   #15
davehacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrider View Post
Dave,

Thank you for the very quick response. I wasn't able to find the pricing alternatives for the Receipt Reader feature. What or where are they?
No problem, you can find pricing here - and sorry for the late response, if you ever don't notice a response feel free to ping [email address]

https://www.proongo.com/beta/web/mob...hp?helptopic=2

Thanks,

Dave, www.ProOnGo.com
Closed Thread