Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink2 View Post
I just downloaded this app and I have to say: "I LOVE THIS APP!"

Thank you for developing such a beneficial app!!
+1 here!! I just downloaded it and started playing around with it by adding in "data" on my cycle from the past 18 months. I was AMAZED to see that it was starting to predict my rather unpredictable cycle as I entered in more information (I started back in 2007). This is the first fertility app that I have been able to use. My cycle is longer than most womens' cycles and, therefore, other ovulation programs don't work because you have to have a cycle length in a predetermined window of time (generally 26-34 days). I also like the fact that you can track symptoms.

Would there be any way to be able to add symptoms? There are SO many signs that you're getting your period and every woman is different. Not to mention the signs and symptoms change with age. Keep the standard ones you have listed and then give the opportunity to add symptoms to the list (similar to how we add categories to our task software).
Old 03-12-2009, 09:53 PM   #22
raja_3012
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: iPhn4

My wife has started this product and here is her feedback. She has installed this app on her 8320.

1) If an empty day is the current day of the month, the foreground color makes it difficult to read. White on sea green.

2) The alphabets displayed on the screen could be displayed using a more legible font, specially the day of the week. Currently it is very small and font looks insignificant. Something similar to the BlackBerry calendar will be helpful.

3) The square boxes row which has a "<<<", "(.)", ">>>" is unreachable so having the corresponding days of the week in place of that should be more helpful or even this last row is redundant.

4) There is tricky situation which I found on the app... for women suffering from polycystic ovary, sometimes it happens that they have their cycle for less than 5 days, it stops and then it again starts after few days.

here is a sample calendar for person X

11-JAN-2009 - Normal Bleeding
12-JAN-2009 - Heavy Bleeding
13-JAN-2009 - Heavy Bleeding
14-JAN-2009 - Normal Bleeding
15-JAN-2009 - Slight Bleeding

Keeping the fertile period default to 7 days, the day/empty starts 21-JAN-2009 through 27-JAN-2009. Now if the person X has a slight bleeding on 22-JAN-2009, the program will automatically compute the previous fertile period from 03-JAN-2009 through 09-JAN-2009 which I am not of the opinion is valid. This pattern is also true if the gap between the cycle days in more than 2. If there is a gap of 2 or less number of days, the program would color the gap day in PINK which prehaps means the bleeding was expected to happen but did not happen.

Another case where predicted cycle length is of 30 days.

11-JAN-2009 - Normal Bleeding
12-JAN-2009 - Heavy Bleeding
13-JAN-2009 - None
14-JAN-2009 - Normal Bleeding

Now we will have 22-JAN-2009 through 28-JAN-2009 as Day/Empty and the expected start date of the next cycle is 10-FEB-2009. But actually the cycle starts on 13-FEB-2009 instead of 10-FEB-2009. The moment you set this in the app, the Day/Empty shifts from 22-JAN-2009 to 25-JAN-2009 and ends on 31-JAN-2009. I believe the Day/Empty depends on when the previous cycle ended and not when the next cycle started or even supposed to start.

5) Goto a specific date function would be helpful. I mean it would help the person to jump a particular date rather than scrolling through the months.

6) Another scenario, if a cycle is expected to start on 14-APR-2009, the person would like to prepare herself on 11-APR-2009. First of she does not have an option for a reminder. Anyways the only work around is a Doctor's Appointment and when the calendar opens up the Start time is showing up as 9:01PM and end time as 10:01PM. I think having the start time as default "Start of Day" would be a better option. Also a default reminder of 15 min would be helpful.

One last thing.. I apologize if I have messed some basic concepts. I just tried to do a QA after getting some feedback from my wife.

Nokia 2100 > Nokia 6100 > Samsung t319 > Nokia 5300 > Blackberry 8320 > Blackberry 8900 > iPhone 3GS > iPhone 4
Old 03-12-2009, 09:58 PM   #23
raja_3012

Model: iPhn4

Also the prompt of "Quit BEIKS Woman Calendar" every time is kinda annoying. I believe it is a standard feature to give the user an option of whether or not he/she wants such a prompt while trying to exit from the program.

Also I would recommend the font and layout to be little more bold and beautiful. IMO it looks very dull and obscure now.

Nokia 2100 > Nokia 6100 > Samsung t319 > Nokia 5300 > Blackberry 8320 > Blackberry 8900 > iPhone 3GS > iPhone 4
Old 03-13-2009, 08:40 AM   #24
kolev
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: TMobile

I am curious what do others think about the notes about the used fonts and labels.

Unlike the built-in Calendar we have to fit in more information on each individual day and we use as much real estate as we possibly could. The day headers are apparently not quite important as long as one knows what day the week starts with, but if others find them ugly too I would try to reconsider my opinion.

Don't quite see how we can use much bolder font, but we may give it a try in a next release by simply making the font type and size configurable. I doubt there'll be much room for improvement, though, again real estate is what kills the elefant.

The last row of the calendar can not be made obsolete unless we decide to make the first day of the month to always start at the top left cell of the grid.

As I've said earlier and as the user guide states, the last three buttons are not used on devices other than the blackberry storm. Yeah, I know that then they shouldn't be displayed at all, but try telling to RIM that the application needs to know what device it is running on. We can only do so much.

As far as irregular periods go, this is a rather complex subject, more complex than the fixed symptoms which can be made configurable. When you're in our seat you get to see all kinds of people and what's good for some may be bad for others.

Functionality comes at a cost, usually of complexity.

We listen to all customers (and potential customers) are saying, but because it is often conflicting or has a hidden cost we don't neccessarily rush into implementing it.

But, I will repeat (and those following from the start should be able to confirm it) we listen to what you are saying and are trying to address it the best we can.
"A pocket full of knowledge"
Old 03-18-2009, 01:23 PM   #25
kolev
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: TMobile
Default Woman Calendar official release

After some considerations and based on the feedback we received we decided to move ahead and announce the first release of Woman Calendar to the wide audience.

The version is already available on our site and what is there is slightly newer than then beta here.

Unless a new show-stopping problem is found we'll likely hold on to that public release for a while.

New betas , in the meantime, may appear in the beta section of our site. As usual we will keep users posted as we want their feedback as much as we want their dollars

Thanks you everyone who submitted feedback. We awarded a few activation keys as promised and thus have kept our part of the bargain.

Don't stop it, though, because utlimately you too are direct recipient of the results from a useful and creative feedback!
"A pocket full of knowledge"
Old 03-23-2009, 10:01 AM   #26
Pink2
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink2 View Post
One more request: I have a bold using the default theme and it is hard to see the day that is selected. Is it possible to have the day that you are on outlined in a different color?
I noticed in the latest version that you made it much easier to see what day was selected. Thank you.

Can you post the lucky winners of the activation codes? Wish I was one of them.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:34 AM   #27
kathrynhr

Model: Dr01d
Carrier: Veri$on

I like the fonts. I have no problems with them, they are easy enough to see.

As for the labels... maybe an answer to the headache icon issue would be to allow us to change the label names for the icons. If I wanted to change "Cramps" to "Headaches," could that work? And/Or maybe you could add one extra generic icon, like a star or some such, that we could name whatever we wanted, and every woman could put whatever symptom she needed in there.

Bought it. Am glad I did.

Last edited by kathrynhr; 03-24-2009 at 08:35 AM..
Closed Thread