Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by test54 View Post
I think i will stop making fun because more than likely he is either 12 or he is someone I should not be making fun of.

Galvatron I'm rooting for you kid, i hope you can be productive in society someday.
I just ignored him so I never have to see his posts again. That way I am not offending him by telling him he cant spell worth a crap.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:33 PM   #82
davistld01
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
I just ignored him so I never have to see his posts again. That way I am not offending him by telling him he cant spell worth a crap.

I think he just has dumb thumbs.

An know spel chek.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:59 PM   #83
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

Dawg, i just followed your lead. i felt dumber just trying to figure out what he was typing.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:07 PM   #84
Galvatron
No longer Registered.

Model: 8800
PIN: 240582A8
Carrier: tmobile

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

That ws a joke lol. If your gonna razz me about spelling and grammer the you beter expecta retun on mentality lol. Say ind day ou I deal with sarcasm. Besides I'm a bit of acoder an when writiing cod an making statments at to what certain subroutines an bits of scorce code do the line between sentecesl and lines of code becomes blurred. I did iat a lot in high scool/

Lok at this way would you rather I produced sentences in 1337$p34k?
Old 07-03-2007, 06:06 PM   #85
vandal
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by csurfr View Post
Ok. . . I can compare it to the 8800 too if you would like? I have played with the Curve, but not to any real extent.

The sides don't squeak, and the keyboard is 100x better on the iPhone. Missing GPS kinda sucks, but when I had my 8800 and GPS was on, the entire phone would slow to a crawl, so I never used it.

Everything else is pretty much the same. The iPhone is thinner, and not as wide, but maybe a tad taller. . . I can't say for sure as I no longer have my 8800.

I really feel the iPhone is a superior product. The build quality can't be beat. Seriously. . . pick the iPhone up. It feels like you're really holding something. It's all metal. . . no plastic (except the black part at the bottom where the antenna is).

The camera on the iphone takes pretty decent pictures IMO. I've only taken 3 or 4, and they were all outside. That said, I wish the iPhone had a way to crop the pictures built in. Once the phone is connected to your mac, iPhoto imports all of the pictures that you have taken. It works really, really well.

I'll take a picture later and upload it for you.
good to know! Thanks!
Old 07-03-2007, 06:22 PM   #86
Galvatron
No longer Registered.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

If your lauck and manage to get it activated of cours your one of the lucky few obvously.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:47 PM   #87
harryzuluberries
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9630
PIN: DUPONT FIFTH AVENUE LARGE ORPHEO ROLLERBALL
Carrier: the Titanic

>Galvatron.........I work in TV news in one of the major markets. I would take their info A LOT less seriously if I were you. A LOT LESS. Lol!!

7510>7520>7100i>8830>8330>9630
Old 07-04-2007, 02:33 PM   #88
rjw3000
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Charm

Quote:
Originally Posted by test54 View Post
I think i will stop making fun because more than likely he is either 12 or he is someone I should not be making fun of.

Galvatron I'm rooting for you kid, i hope you can be productive in society someday.
He's not 12, he's one of those message board types who likes to purposely misspell words and have really bad grammar, kinda like the all caps guy you see from time to time. If you look at his posts, there are many times he easily types a sentence with no misspellings and is totally readable, so he totally gives himself away that he's doing it on purpose.

we had some guy like this on a sports message board who typed exactly just like good old galvatron, but then we got him pissed and he replied in perfect english with no misspellings. and then he really started getting it. of course, that board was a lot less friendly than this one, haha.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:32 PM   #89
test54
BlackBerry Master

well he might give BB users a bad name because some people might think that maybe its the 8700 that is messing him up.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:23 PM   #90
4n6doc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100

I find this hilarious.

PC Magazine gave the iPhone a "very good" rating. Apple iPhone Review by PC Magazine - Review by PC Magazine

Under the "Cons" they say:

Quote:
Bad audio quality on phone calls.
How in the hell do you give a PHONE a "very good" rating when it has bad audio quality on phone calls???
Old 07-04-2007, 08:27 PM   #91
Galvatron
No longer Registered.

Yeah the guy who did the reviwe on reuters aid that to along with that t browser loads real slow an the picture quality on the camera is not tha great
Old 07-04-2007, 09:48 PM   #92
davistld01
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron View Post

Yeah the guy who did the reviwe on reuters aid that to along with that t browser loads real slow an the picture quality on the camera is not tha great

There are 12-step programs for this problem.

Last edited by davistld01; 07-04-2007 at 10:24 PM..
Old 07-05-2007, 11:48 AM   #93
vandal
Thumbs Must Hurt

I just played with the iPhone and I must say, its a bad ass phone. Now being a bb curve owner, I must say the iPhone doesnt have some of the most basic stuff or options than the curve or most bbs have.

They created such a solid platform when it comes to navigation, no smartphone can compare in my opinion.

Battery Life = BLOWS
Internet Browsing = FAST and looks like a normal web page (zoom in by double tapping)
Keyboard = Takes time to get use to, if you have fat ass fingers, dont bother getting an iphone, or lose some weight. (keyboard expands when you turn it sideways, but it doesnt when typing a SMS text or composing an email)
Instant Msg'ing = none
4GB - 8GB = What are 60GB and 80GB ipod users suppose to do?
Size = Super slim, about as slim if not slimmer than the curve, but longer.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:52 PM   #94
SmokinV10
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandal View Post
I just played with the iPhone and I must say, its a bad ass phone. Now being a bb curve owner, I must say the iPhone doesnt have some of the most basic stuff or options than the curve or most bbs have.

They created such a solid platform when it comes to navigation, no smartphone can compare in my opinion.

Battery Life = BLOWS
Internet Browsing = FAST and looks like a normal web page (zoom in by double tapping)
Keyboard = Takes time to get use to, if you have fat ass fingers, dont bother getting an iphone, or lose some weight. (keyboard expands when you turn it sideways, but it doesnt when typing a SMS text or composing an email)
Instant Msg'ing = none
4GB - 8GB = What are 60GB and 80GB ipod users suppose to do?
Size = Super slim, about as slim if not slimmer than the curve, but longer.
Amen. I switched to the iPhone and I dont plan on going back to my 8800. I will miss my email access but the phone is better in EVERY other way. If people here can put up with Suretype, they can put up with the keyboard on the iPhone.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:10 PM   #95
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinV10 View Post
I will miss my email access but the phone is better in EVERY other way.
Which meant you probably never really needed the 8800 anyway. Of course, it is a free country, sort of, so see ya..
eh, I just noticed you switch phones every few months (8700 > Q > Pearl > 8800 all since April 06?) so you were itching for something new anyway, right? I don't blame you, go for the latest.

Last edited by JSanders; 07-05-2007 at 05:13 PM..
Old 07-05-2007, 05:16 PM   #96
vandal
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinV10 View Post
Amen. I switched to the iPhone and I dont plan on going back to my 8800. I will miss my email access but the phone is better in EVERY other way. If people here can put up with Suretype, they can put up with the keyboard on the iPhone.
I think i want an iphone, but i'll wait until the next generation of iphones comes out. They can fix all the generic problems it has that I find not worth buying. We'll see.

Its seriously a cool device though.

apple needs to hop on the instant mess. bandwagon. the one icon i find worthless is the stocks, replace that with aim or something and you've got a solid device
Old 07-05-2007, 08:05 PM   #97
test54
BlackBerry Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandal View Post
I think i want an iphone, but i'll wait until the next generation of iphones comes out. They can fix all the generic problems it has that I find not worth buying. We'll see.

Its seriously a cool device though.

apple needs to hop on the instant mess. bandwagon. the one icon i find worthless is the stocks, replace that with aim or something and you've got a solid device
it has a fourth row of icons that are not being used yet. Also meebo works with it and people are using meebo to chat with all clients.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:03 PM   #98
SmokinV10
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Which meant you probably never really needed the 8800 anyway. Of course, it is a free country, sort of, so see ya..
eh, I just noticed you switch phones every few months (8700 > Q > Pearl > 8800 all since April 06?) so you were itching for something new anyway, right? I don't blame you, go for the latest.
What makes you think I didnt really NEED it? I need my enterprise email the same way everyone else "needs" it. You wont die without it, but it is sure nice to have. I just happen to be willing to sacrifice that for all the other advantages of the iPhone.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:17 PM   #99
sean76
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: AT&T, VZW

I'm a big BB fan, but the iPhone is a crazy, crazy cool device to use! Anyone who knocks it really has no idea what the tech world is really all about, bangin new devices and what not! I use a BB for certain things (always will) but my iPhone is here to stay. God help the mobile world is all I have to say, apple is the real deal and there just gettin started!
Old 07-06-2007, 07:11 AM   #100
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Id be curious to see what the real ages of these that traded the BB for the Iphone so quick. Just the way they speak you can tell they are young but not sure how young.
Closed Thread