Old 03-18-2007, 10:46 PM   #21
thecrave
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T
Red face

Please Login to Remove!

*wrong thread*

Last edited by thecrave; 03-19-2007 at 09:35 AM..
Old 03-18-2007, 11:19 PM   #22
kasperapd
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700

What does this have to do with the 8800???

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecrave
Blackberry Pearl -- Good things come in small packages. In the shape of a bar phone.

Last month I traveled to China, Malaysia, Australia, UK and Germany (next month is Spain and Brazil).

Everywhere I went, everywhere I go, I have my BB Pearl in my left pocket. It is my office, and it's my connection to home.

Maps, email, Google Talk (Cingular is losing money on my data usage with that app), Google Translate and XE.com currency conversion.

Chat is the BEST way to learn to use SureType, and the only way I kept in contact with my wife during the trips.

About the only time it is not touching a part of me is when it's being X-rayed at an airport.

And EVERY country I've been to, everyone is jealous of my cool phone. "But it's not just a phone," I say proudly as I rattle off the features.

Sometimes, I feel too at home with my phone overseas (as evident in my $800 international roaming bill this month).

I even use the camera to snap some random shots. From the St. Patty's Day parade today, to the bullet trains in Europe -- it's no SLR, but it gets the job done.

I download some of my favorite TV shows to my mini-SD card to watch when I'm bored on the plane/taxi/train.

But, as said in another post above -- I'll say it again -- the thing works just like it is supposed to. It's stable (except for that time I tried to prove everyone wrong in the "2.5mm to headset" thread and find a $1 version -- boy did I tick off voice command -- sorry Pearl, my bad), it works, and it has all my killer apps.

And if it had an IR port so I could change channels, it would NEVER be out of my hands.

I salute you, Pearl -- the mini-workhorse, mobile office phone! Brilliant!!!

--------------

Oh yeah, contest answers:

1) Saw a co-worker with the phone. Had to get one after that. You all know how that works. Monkey see.. blah blah blah
2) Management approval for BES, and a quick call to Cingular -- hasn't left my side since. Spending money is too easy!!!!

Please try a Search
Old 03-19-2007, 02:18 PM   #23
No Longer Registered.

Posting of entries now closed.

Winners will be announced later tonight.

Old 03-19-2007, 09:34 PM   #24
No Longer Registered.

Here are the winners!!!

boedarnez
hey
kasperapd
paulmac
Obsidiank
Tres
mjcostajr
mdlissner
MSATech
Stinsonddog

PM where you want it shipped. US address only.

Congratulations!

Old 03-20-2007, 06:34 AM   #25
trox

Model: 8800
Cool Blackberry Freak!

Hi,

I switched to Blackberry after using Sony Ericsson and Palm products for years! I used to watch people with their Blackberries and thought they were behind and just ill because I like the flash of the lastest and greatest. The 8800 blew me away! It's a slick beauty with lots of horses under the hood! I went into the Cingular store after reading reviews on cnet.com (swear by it!) I wanted the Sony Ericsson 950i, but it was not availble and far more expensive. (Just get an ipod already!) I own a Tungsten T5. I serves it's purpose nicely because we are not allowed to have our cell phones near us at work. Thus, much to the contrary thought, I did not want another Palm device. I always travel off the beaten path! I was spoiled by the Symbian OS for years and refused to do Window Mobile 5.0! No viruses on my phone please! By the way, I'm also an avid Linux user. I wanted a rock solid OS like I'm used to.

This is when I decided to give the Blackberry a try. Cnet has it listed as one of two top pda's to have, so, I got it! I was utterly shocked at how easy it was to adapt to. I think Blackberry makes the best use of the 312MHZ Intel processor by far! It has not once been sluggish and the enteprise software is so sick! Cingular's EDGE with Blackberry's software just pushes the envelope for web browsing on a pda. I have three private emails and it's a major convenience not to have to stop what I'm doing to check emails every second. It's just there and if I have something important to check my Blackberry 8800 is there for me everytime.

Not having touch screen has been awesome actually because of the track ball. I got this gadget 3 days ago and I have not put it down or stopped talking about it! My co-workers know me as a computer freak. They have not seen this one yet. I have Blackberry MAX through Cingular, so I can see the real advantages of this bad boy! I also love being able to silence my phone and still hear my alarm. I like being able to so easily customize my desktop via the internet or email! There is certainly almost nothing this little guy can't do! My micro sd is in route, so watch out!

I'm still finding goodies. I'm sure it will continue to be a fun journey. I preach about what I use, so Blackberry will get lots of referrals!

Stay up y'all!

trox

P.S.

If you get Blackberry MAX, you want need to worry about Wifi and it's probably faster anyway.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:49 AM   #26
thholr
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: verizon

Too late .......
Old 03-20-2007, 01:41 PM   #27
kasperapd

Thanks catt!

Please try a Search
Old 03-20-2007, 11:53 PM   #28
No Longer Registered.

Prize update:

boedarnez
hey *SHIPPED*
kasperapd *SHIPPED*
paulmac *SHIPPED*
Obsidiank *SHIPPED*
Tres
mjcostajr *SHIPPED*
mdlissner
MSATech *SHIPPED*
Stinsonddog

Last edited by No Longer Registered.; 03-22-2007 at 09:22 PM..

Old 03-21-2007, 12:24 AM   #29
mjcostajr

Model: 8800c

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry 8800: BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Thanks catt just sent you my info almost forgot about this!
Old 03-21-2007, 12:39 AM   #30
No Longer Registered.

That's okay Mj.. mailing it tomorrow

Congrats!

Old 03-21-2007, 10:48 AM   #31
SoxFan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT

I have been in China for the past two weeks, so I didn't get to read this thread until I came home. Throughout China, I used my Blackberry 8700 to stay connected. I didn't travel with a laptop and don't travel with a computer. I upgraded to the 8880 because with each new version comes increase speed, memory, capacity, and throertically software appliacations that go with all the above. The problem is that the versions improve more often than evey two years, so I need a skin to maintain the appearance, so I can sell the old one and the new one, when it comes out.
Old 03-24-2007, 05:25 PM   #32
kasperapd

Has anyone received theirs yet and can post a pic? I'm still waiting for mine to arrive.

Please try a Search
Old 03-24-2007, 05:32 PM   #33
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

I want an 8800 because CC got turned OFF by his gadget!

Yes! I know I am gonna win!!!!!! Woot, woot, woot!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now all I will need to impress CC is an 8800 to go with my skin!
Old 03-27-2007, 08:24 AM   #34
Obsidiank
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Cingular

My came in the mail last night. It is totally badass. Very smooth unlike the seidio skins which are slightly tacky. It adds almost no bulk to the device and it will still smoothly slide into the the OEM leather case. I like it a lot
Old 03-27-2007, 10:52 AM   #35
kasperapd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidiank
My came in the mail last night. It is totally badass. Very smooth unlike the seidio skins which are slightly tacky. It adds almost no bulk to the device and it will still smoothly slide into the the OEM leather case. I like it a lot
I agree 100%. This skin is much better than the ones for the 8100.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BB8800FRT.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	7693   Click image for larger version

Name:	BB8800BCK.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	7694  

Please try a Search
Old 03-27-2007, 04:15 PM   #36
mjcostajr

Model: 8800c

I also recieved mine yesterday...really high quality, and glad it doesn't attract too much dust. Enjoy how it's really smooth, unlike the 8100 gel cases. However, did anyone notice that it doesn't entirely cover the sides of the phone and seems like it is being stretched? Not a big deal, but just curious.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:33 AM   #37
MSATech

Carrier: Cingular

I got mine a few days after it was sent, man that was fast shipping. I agree, this skin is really great, much better than i would have thought. This will work good when I am carrying the BB by itself. I was also surprised that it would still go in the OEM case without much issue.

Thanks again for the great prize!
Closed Thread