BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 04:00 PM   #1
neelb

Model: 7100t
Carrier: t-mobile
Default How to downgrade to OS 3.8 or fresh install 4.0?

Please Login to Remove!

Hey I am having problems with OS 4.0. Specifically, my IM does not work (error: module 'net_rim_midletresupmtion' not found), and other things like when I hit talk and talk again to call the last dialed number it takes me to this wierd "call" screen instead of just calling that number liek it used to with 3.8. Theres other wierd things it does like showing the missed call icon even if i answer the phone. Generally, it seems buggy. So, I want to either go back to 3.8 or get 4.0 to work via a "fresh" install or something. I tried to just reinstall 4.0 and it didnt fix anything. I cant find the old OS 3.8 file anywhere. Can someone please help me.

THANKS
Old 03-19-2005, 04:05 PM   #2
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Right on the T-Mobile web page for the 7100t download are instructions. The last page has instructions on how to reload the IM client AFTER you upgrade to 4.0.

Not sure about the other things you are noticing - I haven't seen these issues.
Old 03-19-2005, 05:49 PM   #3
neelb

Model: 7100t
Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry
Right on the T-Mobile web page for the 7100t download are instructions. The last page has instructions on how to reload the IM client AFTER you upgrade to 4.0.

Not sure about the other things you are noticing - I haven't seen these issues.
Are you talking about the instructions PDF file? I dont see anything in that file about upgrading IM, only a section on Updating Handheld Applications, which says just to use the App Loader. I tried this and the IM client is not listed in the App Loader. Do you have a direct link to what you're talking about?

Thanks
Old 03-19-2005, 05:52 PM   #4
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Right from the PDF file.

Note: After completing the desktop manager and software handheld upgrades, if you receive an error while accessing your Instant Messaging application, please follow these steps: a) Go into Tools, Settings, and Service Book b) Highlight T-Mobile USA IM Client Application and choose delete from the menu. c) Go back to settings and select Applications d) Highlight the Instant Messaging Application and choose delete from the menu e) Restart your device - the device may prompt you for this step f) Go into Tools, Settings, Host Routing Table g) Choose Register Now from the menu h) A new Instant Messaging application will download over the air. You will know this process is complete when you see the IM icon re-appear on your main screen.
Closed Thread