BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 11:58 AM   #1
Bashlor
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: ATT
Default Anyone try the Shure I2c-m Headphones?

Please Login to Remove!

http://www.shure.com/PersonalAudio/P...a_i2cm_content

They look pretty good, and even says they will work with the curve.

My Moto S9 is starting to die on me. Buttons no longer work at all, and the sound totally losses all bass sometimes so I've been thinking about going back to a wired and hopefully more reliable set of headphones.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:26 PM   #2
Ophidian
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Well, I can definitely vouch for Shure products in general. I bought a pair of E4C's a year or so ago, and they pretty much embarrass any stock headphone you've ever used. The difference in sound quality is so pronounced that you'll probably never go back if you pick these up.

Last edited by Ophidian; 11-07-2007 at 01:29 PM..
Old 11-07-2007, 01:33 PM   #3
Pseudo-Fed
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Just got a set of Shure SE210s at Frys for $149. A maze ing. A maze ing. Won't be going back. These seal sounds out, so I listen at much lower volumes, and still hear things I did not hear before. Use them with my Curve, my Iriver, and possibly a new iPod soon....
8900 on AT&T BIS

http://twitter.com/nittwidder
Old 11-07-2007, 04:24 PM   #4
Bashlor

SE210's look very nice but looks like music only. When you get a call do you just yank them out and switch to normal phone use?

I loved being able to switch from music to call with my S9 with just the press of a button, but while the sound on them was good they basically did zero sound isolation which made using them in noisy places nearly impossible.

With the buttons being totally dead now was thinking it was time to maybe move away from bluetooth.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:32 PM   #5
Ophidian
Thumbs Must Hurt

The VoicePortxxx8482; microphone filters out background noise and minimizes wind, ensuring your voice comes through loud and clear on every call.

- Per the Website

They have a built-in microphone so it looks like they can be used for music and for phone conversations. I may have to get some
Old 11-08-2007, 08:13 AM   #6
Bashlor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophidian View Post
The VoicePort™ microphone filters out background noise and minimizes wind, ensuring your voice comes through loud and clear on every call.

- Per the Website

They have a built-in microphone so it looks like they can be used for music and for phone conversations. I may have to get some
Are you talking about the SE210? Re-read their site and 2 reviews and nothing about a mic.

The I2 or any of the Iseries have mics and are built for phone use. The SE210 looks like a straight up headset for listening only. It does look like a very very nice set if a little bit on the pricey side.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:36 AM   #7
Pseudo-Fed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashlor View Post
SE210's look very nice but looks like music only. When you get a call do you just yank them out and switch to normal phone use?

I loved being able to switch from music to call with my S9 with just the press of a button, but while the sound on them was good they basically did zero sound isolation which made using them in noisy places nearly impossible.

With the buttons being totally dead now was thinking it was time to maybe move away from bluetooth.

Don't think I've gotten more than 1-2 calls while listening, so practically speaking yes, I'll remove the left earpiece and hold the phone up to my head. The phone pauses the music and I can hear the ringer. Just tested it.

I prefer the SE210s. I got to try the SE110s, and I could hear the improvement of the SE210s. DId not hear a difference between 210s and 310s. I prefer the 210s over the description of the set you mention, because I think they use the same "microspeakers" as the 110s. Also, the 210s come with two cable lengths, and are detachable in the chest area, so I can quickly disconnect at the chest area to get up to use restroom, etc. I find this feature valuable, because this product is NOT as easy to place in your ear for each use. They require a seal, and a few practice runs to determine best way for you to install into your ear.

So, on balance, I preferred these features. I'm pretty sure my SE210s, at $149 use the same audio as the I3Cs at $179, which are one click up from the I2Cs. If you like to answer the phone with them, I'd highly suggest the I3Cs for their audio.....
8900 on AT&T BIS

Old 11-09-2007, 01:05 PM   #8
Bashlor

Outstanding write up. Thank you very much.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:32 PM   #9
Bashlor

I think I'm going to go with the SE210s. I don't really take all that many many phone calls while at the gym and it looks like the I2C series may not work with the Curve right our the box after all.

Started some price shopping and I'm seeing SE210's and SE210-k's but I can't find out anywhere what the difference is. The Shure site doesn't even list the -K as an option. Anyone know the difference?
Old 11-09-2007, 08:17 PM   #10
Pseudo-Fed

Quote:
I think I'm going to go with the SE210s. I don't really take all that many many phone calls while at the gym and it looks like the I2C series may not work with the Curve right our the box after all.

Started some price shopping and I'm seeing SE210's and SE210-k's but I can't find out anywhere what the difference is. The Shure site doesn't even list the -K as an option. Anyone know the difference?
210 Ks are all black--ear piece and wires-very dark black. 210s are dark grey with white accents. I got the latter. Figure they "go with" more stuff, especially the inevitable iPod. It's all about style ya know.....
8900 on AT&T BIS

Old 11-15-2007, 05:12 PM   #11
Bashlor

Got a pair of SE-210's and have 1 small problem. Getting static in the left ear. I think it might have something to do with extra 'bar' on the curve jack for voice that these headphones do not have. Te whole 4 post vs 3 post issue.

Any solutions?
Old 11-16-2007, 11:09 PM   #12
Pseudo-Fed

Quote:
Got a pair of SE-210's and have 1 small problem. Getting static in the left ear. I think it might have something to do with extra 'bar' on the curve jack for voice that these headphones do not have. Te whole 4 post vs 3 post issue.

Any solutions?
Don't know what it could be. Mine work flawlessly with my 8310. I do realize I mis spoke however, the 210s do NOT come with the shorter cable. I just today looking in my packaging and couldn't find it, so I ordered a 9" cable from Shure for $15. Want to use this with device in my shirt pocket or arm band and don't want 3 feet of extra cable hanging around.

Good luck on the static issue.
8900 on AT&T BIS

Old 11-21-2007, 08:46 AM   #13
Wishdemon

Model: 8320

Definitely can agree that the i2c beats almost every standard headphone I have seen that comes with an electronic device.

Its a huge plus too, because you save your hearing - you wont have to turn your music louder to drown out the background noise
Closed Thread