Old 09-08-2010, 10:03 AM   #1
hhoyos

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Bell
Angry Sync Desktop Manager 6 and BB Bold 9700

Please Login to Remove!

Hi guys

My boss have received their new BB bold 9700, i've installed the last version of DM (version 6) , i obtain the wizard window for configure the device, when i choose the appointment option the wizard begin and i need to choose the data source (Outlook 2007) , i finish the wizard and i return to the options screen and the appointment option is unselected automatically , i make the wizard again and when the wizard finish the option is not selected. Is the same thing for the address book.

I uninstalled the office completely and the DM 6 , i've reinstalled the office and DM and i've the same problem. I've created a new profile and the same thing. The user is Local administrator. I've created a new pst with the 2002 format and nothing.

Can you help me with that please.

Last edited by Dubdub; 09-08-2010 at 10:54 AM.. Reason: Corrected the title
Old 09-08-2010, 06:04 PM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

You are talking about the screen that is titled Select Organizer Date to Synchronize ... You have selected Configure settings, proceded with configuring the sync settings, and when you return to that screen, the boxes on the left of calendard, memopad, address book, and tasks are all unchecked? Or just calendard and address book are unchecked?

Can you check them, or when you click on the box it doesn't result in the box becoming checked?

If you click on configure settings again, on the boxes on that next screen checked, or not?

If you click on configure settings again, then select calendar, and then click setup, is Outlook still selected, or is the selection set to none? If set to none, when you select Outlook again, then click next and procede through the screens to finish, is Outlook selected as the Outlook user profile on the screen just before the Congratulations screen? . . . . Do you see the Congratulations screen?
Old 09-08-2010, 06:46 PM   #3
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Moved to the 9700 section and edited the title

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 09-09-2010, 09:32 AM   #4
hhoyos

I'm talking about the screen that is titled Intellisync displayed with click in the option Organizer - Configure settings, i select Calendar and i select a desktop application (Microsoft Outlook) , i select my direction of synchronisation ( Two way sync), i select the profile ( i've only one profile : Outlook ) i select the next button and i obtain the Congratulation screen , 'You have successfully configured the product, Click finish to save these settings and close the wizard...' ) i click in finish and i return to the main screen (when i can select calendar, Memopad, Address Book and Notes ), and the Calendar option is unchecked , i go out to DM main menu , i return to the Configure Settings and the calendar is not checked, if i select calendar again the Microsoft Outlook is not selected ( is selected none) and i need to put all the settings again , when i finish and return to the menu, the option is unchecked again... the problem is for all the options (Calendar, Memopad, Address Book and Notes)
Old 09-13-2010, 01:44 PM   #5
hhoyos

RESOLVED: i uninstall the version 6 and i install the DM 5 , i've the error: "Cannot find system in table file" but i follow the next steps:

1. Unregister the old Microsoft Outlook connector ilxolkCompanion.fil.
1. Open the command prompt.
2. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Connectors\MS Outlook Connector.
3. Type in the command regsvr32 -u ilxolkCompanion.fil.
4. In Desktop Manager, Microsoft Outlook will no longer be listed as an available desktop application.
2. Register the most current Microsoft Outlook connector.
1. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\IS71 Connectors\MS Outlook Connector.
2. Type in the command regsvr32 msoutlookconnector.fil.
3. In Desktop Manager, Microsoft Outlook will now be registered as an available desktop application.

And i can configure the Outlook successfully.

For the Forum Administrator, can you close this conversation , it's resolved.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:23 PM   #6
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Thanks for posting the update.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:26 PM   #7
ssb16
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: ask first
Carrier: Rogers

Ok my friend I had the same problem and here is what I did to resolve it

BB Destkop has an updated today release 47. Once you install it on the computer under configuration it will allow you to select the calendar once again.

I have a 9700, Office 2010 64 bit and my calender just synced 300 entries in less than 40 seconds. I am so happy now it worked.

I recommend going this route especially as I am someone who was really dying to get my BB working well at home and work.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:51 PM   #8
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

So a 32 bit version of Desktop Manager synced with a 64 bit version of Outlook. Adobe should learn from this.. Their 32 bit apps can't quite find 64 bit Outlook.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:02 PM   #9
ssb16
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: ask first
Carrier: Rogers

Yes I read the official word from Blackberry support which mentioned that support for 64 bit was coming in 2011. At the moment I don't plan to do anymore updates and I'm happy with this new release that finally worked with my bb 9700.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:04 PM   #10
devnull
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: I747
Carrier: at&t

I guess this is old or inaccurate data then.

KB17149-Support for Microsoft Outlook 2010 64-bit version
Old 10-21-2010, 03:30 AM   #11
Bambi66

Carrier: Don't know...
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhoyos View Post
RESOLVED: i uninstall the version 6 and i install the DM 5 , i've the error: "Cannot find system in table file" but i follow the next steps:

1. Unregister the old Microsoft Outlook connector ilxolkCompanion.fil.
1. Open the command prompt.
2. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Connectors\MS Outlook Connector.
3. Type in the command regsvr32 -u ilxolkCompanion.fil.
4. In Desktop Manager, Microsoft Outlook will no longer be listed as an available desktop application.
2. Register the most current Microsoft Outlook connector.
1. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\IS71 Connectors\MS Outlook Connector.
2. Type in the command regsvr32 msoutlookconnector.fil.
3. In Desktop Manager, Microsoft Outlook will now be registered as an available desktop application.

And i can configure the Outlook successfully.

For the Forum Administrator, can you close this conversation , it's resolved.
Hi,
sorry, but I still have the problem not to be able to sync BB desktop version 6(build 47) with Outlook 2010 32bit. - And the mentioned file "msoutlookconnector.fil" does not exist on my computer! - Also the folder "C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\IS71 Connectors\MS Outlook Connector" does not exist...! - It seems that this "Outlook Connector" wasn't installed with my bb desktop installation...
What can I do?
Best regards,
Bambi
Closed Thread