Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 01:55 AM   #1
kevin714
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Pearl
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Dropped my phone in water and

Please Login to Remove!

Hi i dropped my phone it water and it still works but i wanna get a new one because it doesnt work all that well..... I took off the indicator sticker thing that said i dropped it in water.. since they will have no proof that it was dropped in water think they will give me a new one?
Old 05-22-2007, 01:58 AM   #2
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Remove the battery and let the phone dry out for about 5 days. If you can get it apart to speed up the drying process, all the better. Once it's apart as far as you can get it set it on your TV or stereo or somewhere that stays warm. Then put it back together after it thorughly dries. Water doesn't damage the phone. Water AND electricity damages the phone.

You've removed the liquid indicator so your warranty is void anyway. They can tell the device has been wet anyway. You won't get a new one under warranty.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:22 AM   #3
sgtcasey
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8320

It's been my understanding that there are additional liquid damage indicators inside devices as well.

Dave
Old 05-22-2007, 03:18 AM   #4
flash24

Model: 9930
PIN: 3319688F
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtcasey View Post
It's been my understanding that there are additional liquid damage indicators inside devices as well.

Dave
I don't think it does.. because when I had my bb replaced, the water indicator was pink so i had to get another water indicator sticker from one of my other cellphone and replaced it. Tmobile accepted it and it they didn't charge me for it.

Proud to Serve USAF
Old 05-22-2007, 03:40 AM   #5
sgtcasey

Model: 8320

I know this has been discussed here before (I read the thread somewhere...) but I've heard an LDI can turn pink if exposed to high humidity like in a bathroom while taking a hot shower and no ventilation.

I'd have to check the exact policy at work, but a pink LDI does not automatically exclude a device from a warranty exchange. Red does, but pink doesn't to my knowledge. But again, I'd have to check to be 100% sure since I've never had to deal with anyone who said it was pink.

Dave
Old 05-22-2007, 10:56 PM   #6
ROBERTDAWG014
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100

i dropped my old phone in the water once and i took out the battery and tapped it to the side of the dryer and let it spin for a while. when i took it out popped the battery in and it worked.. kinda the volume bottons didn't work but everything else was fine.
Closed Thread