Old 12-09-2009, 04:42 AM   #1
anilarkay

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Airtel
Unhappy Trouble verifying LDAP jars, for use in BB Application

Please Login to Remove!

Hi All,
I've been working on a thick client BlackBerry APplication, and its required that I have to authenticate the users using an LDAP connection, from the black berry device. I am able to get this working as a standalone application, but when I try to port it to BlackBerry Application, It asks for preverification of jar files.

I've tried preverifying the jar files, like this.

I copied the LDAP jar files ldapjdk.jar, ldapsp.jar and ldapfilt.jar(ie, jars we need to get preverified) to <JDE installation directory>/bin - usually this takes the form->
C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.2.1\bin

2. opened the command prompt and changed to my JDE installation directory.
3. execute the following command as:
preverify -classpath "C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.2.1\lib\net_rim_api.jar" "ldapjdk.jar"

The output I got was,

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.2.1\bin>preverify -classpat
h "D:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.2.1\lib\net_rim_api.jar"
ldapjdk.jar
Error preverifying class netscape.ldap.DynamicInvoker
java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object

** I tried looking into the output folder(here <bin> folder), but it has someof the class files that might have gone thru' preverification successfully, but due to the error above, the step doesn't complete gracefully.

I would appreciate the following help asap.

1. What is the trouble I'm having with the preverification step I've tried as explained above?

2. Can I get pre-verified ldap jar files, so I can directly use on my BlackBerry Application? If Yes, Can any one please advice me where to get it?

thanks in advance for any help.

Anil

Last edited by anilarkay; 12-09-2009 at 04:53 AM..
Closed Thread