Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 09:46 AM   #101
crs
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8800
Carrier: cingular

Please Login to Remove!

Gents,

Here's my final comment on this thread...

Cross River Systems strives to provide valuable products for the BlackBerry community and the response to our products so far has been overwhelming and continues to grow. We have many more plans for products, both as plug-ins to PocketDay and for other standalone applications.

Our high level of customer service, free upgrades and the quality of our products speak for themselves. Our Sports product will be no exception in terms of quality features and support. Some may find it expensive and others find that the value far exceeds the cost ($3.95 / month is less than a large coffee at Starbucks) for ability to see Real-Time Sports on the BlackBerry without leaving the comfort of your Today page (PocketDay). PocketDay Sports is the only product that delivers automatically updated real-time sports scores on the BlackBerry and ultimately will let you see all your favorite teams together on a single screen (and updated in real-time), with schedules, standings, news and more.

Ask any current PocketDay user if they are dis-satisfied with either the cost of our products, the quality, or the level of service we provide. You will find that everyone feels that what we deliver is top notch. If anyone doesn't we will gladly refund their money.

In addition, we have increased the features that PocketDay provides tremendously over the 9 months since its introduction and have never charged a penny for an upgrade and will continue to do so.

Respectfully...

Cross River Systems
Old 12-19-2005, 10:31 AM   #102
jubrand
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tregrad
Good observation "all" but 1 of his posts are in this thread and they are all positive LOL. Things that make ya go hmmmmmmmm

I have nothing to do with CrossRiver, and I think this thing is great. If you don't want to pay for it, don't use it. There's plenty of people that will.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:35 AM   #103
jubrand

Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Couple of Suggestions

1) Incorporate more specific update settings. It would be nice to be able to have it updating every 10 minutes on Sunday for football, but not start until late in the day on the weekdays, for NCAA basketball, NBA...etc. No need to have it trying to update all the time today for instance when there's no games until tonight. Could cut down on battery usage.

2) A click through on each game to show the game stats during the game.

3) The little update screen could be better. I've seen it show the last play once or twice, but most of the time it just shows the time remaining in the quarter, which is already shown on the main screen anyway.

Overall, nice job though. I've been pulling sports updates from websites up until now (including the ones listed in this thread), and I find this much more convenient. Yea, those sites are fast, but you still have to browse to them. This is quicker.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:44 AM   #104
seiler
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: at&t

for the record i have nothing to do with cross river systems either...just a relatively new bb user who loves pocketday,sports and bbforums.....
Old 12-19-2005, 12:07 PM   #105
CyberJack
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT Wireless
Default No Scores/No data still

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirsch
CyberJack...a few things to check...that the Sports section is not collapsed...when you refresh, do you see the arrows flashing?

Try a firewall reset...also, the subcription not active is fine as long as you are on the trial.
I reset the firewall and the only change there was I was asked to allow the connection to the URL for the ticker. I do not see any flashing arrows period.
And the Sports section is definitely not collapsed. All the stock data, weather data etc all updates correctly.... I do not want to waste your time on this but I can not figure out why I can't get that trial screen out and the sports info to display,,, Thanks.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:23 PM   #106
Soapm

Model: 9900
Carrier: TMO

Did you choose a sport that was playing yesterday? Not trying to insult you but that would give the affect you are having.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:45 PM   #107
CyberJack
Thumbs Must Hurt

Soapm: No insult taken, I have done support work too long to not find answers in simple solutions. Yes, I set the date back to yesterday and chose NFL, which should have provided scores. Thanks for the suggestion
Old 12-19-2005, 01:06 PM   #108
dkmadrid
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirsch
Our high level of customer service, free upgrades and the quality of our products speak for themselves. Our Sports product will be no exception in terms of quality features and support. Some may find it expensive and others find that the value far exceeds the cost ($3.95 / month is less than a large coffee at Starbucks) for ability to see Real-Time Sports on the BlackBerry without leaving the comfort of your Today page (PocketDay). PocketDay Sports is the only product that delivers automatically updated real-time sports scores on the BlackBerry and ultimately will let you see all your favorite teams together on a single screen (and updated in real-time), with schedules, standings, news and more.

Ask any current PocketDay user if they are dis-satisfied with either the cost of our products, the quality, or the level of service we provide. You will find that everyone feels that what we deliver is top notch. If anyone doesn't we will gladly refund their money.
I cannot agree more! PocketDay was and is the most used third-party application on my BlackBerry BEFORE the release of the Sports add-on. Which, might I add, is fantastic! The customer service you receive along with the ability to upgrade an application to newer versions FOR FREE is outstanding and unmatched in my opinion. For the small fee of $20, I went from the basic PD application to being able to upgrade to the professional version (which normally would've cost more $$$), to having free access to all the releases since.

As it has been stated before, if the cost for getting this level of sports information with the ease and in the format that this add-on is providing is too much, then the add-on is not for you. Simply decide to not pay for it and move on to something else. I know, you can eventually find scores for free, some ways easy, some ways more difficult, but not like this.

Personally, I waste $4 on any given day on absolutely nothing (soda, snacks, newspapers, magazines, coffee, beer, etc). So I don't see the fuss with adding $4 to my monthly budget to have a feature like this at my fingertips.

Way to go Mark and CrossRiver! Thank you once again.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:15 PM   #109
crs

Cyberjack...send me your phone number via [email address] and we'll get you squared away.

dk...thanks.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:05 PM   #110
CyberJack
Thumbs Must Hurt

MARK: Will do, the last thing I want to do is set a negative impression for this product.
It is a great tool. I would not be suprised if this is a PEBKAC issue.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:01 PM   #111
tregrad

Model: 7520
Carrier: nextel

Dont get me wrong here fellas I am not blasting crossriversystems AT ALL. I am sure PD is a good program but some do see a problem with giving up their starbucks (starbucks sux anyway Alpen sierra is way better) and their snacks or adding to the total in which they spend on a daily basis. I am just simply pointing out that the same info can be accessed in the same real time for FREE thats all.
Tirsch I would buy the program from you if it were a one time charge but not on a yearly basis at 40 bucks. You would probably quadruple your sales if it were cheaper and therefore make even more money. Its like the liberal pantie wastes out there in government that have to raise taxes to increase tax revenu's which in turn stops spending, when if they would cut taxes it would increase spending by the public and then increase the gdp, home sales etc. and tax revenue explodes. any economist knows that basic stratigy of economic growth, put more money in our pockets and we spent it, its that simple.

Dont get me wrong, I Like PD and have heard nothing but good things about it, I even downloaded it one time but couldnt figure out how to make it stop updating so i got rid of it cause i didnt have the time to stop and figure it out, had i had the time I woudl still have it.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:20 PM   #112
CyberJack
Thumbs Must Hurt

TREGARD: Respectfully, I think you have made your point. It has been stated politely, if this product meets your needs great and if not move on to something that works for you. Constantly rehashing your perspective on cost and why this product fails to meet your needs is not helpful. Many members of this forum look here for information on using the product. I for one, don't wish to debate government spending policy in a Black Berry forum on a board dedicated to a product that many people find invaluable and a fantastic tool. In the spirit of the season can we have a little peace on earth and good will to men. I love this product and enjoy coming here to increase my knowledge on it, learn tips and tweaks from others as well as getting great information and feedback from Mark. Thanks and have a pleasant holiday.....
Old 12-20-2005, 06:42 PM   #113
crs

All,

I've made some tweaks...(home team on botton, etc.). Here's the current OTA link:

http://www.crossriversystems.com/files/v30/pdp.jad

WAP Version:

http://www.crossriversystems.com/files/v30/pdp-wap.jad
Old 12-20-2005, 07:55 PM   #114
dkmadrid
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberJack
TREGARD: Respectfully, I think you have made your point. It has been stated politely, if this product meets your needs great and if not move on to something that works for you. Constantly rehashing your perspective on cost and why this product fails to meet your needs is not helpful. Many members of this forum look here for information on using the product. I for one, don't wish to debate government spending policy in a Black Berry forum on a board dedicated to a product that many people find invaluable and a fantastic tool. In the spirit of the season can we have a little peace on earth and good will to men. I love this product and enjoy coming here to increase my knowledge on it, learn tips and tweaks from others as well as getting great information and feedback from Mark. Thanks and have a pleasant holiday.....
CyberJack - Very well put! Since we all understand the reasons driving the dissenters, we no longer require any explanation and can now move on.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:10 PM   #115
tregrad

Model: 7520
Carrier: nextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmadrid
CyberJack - Very well put! Since we all understand the reasons driving the dissenters, we no longer require any explanation and can now move on.

ok one last parting shot, then im done, never to return.

1 click = 40 bucks?
3 clicks = Free?

hmmmmmmm I need to learn how to make a totally useless "add on" so i can get rich too. Has this society really become THAT stinkin, lazy and pathetic? Please say it aint so, but i guess the answer has already been given. Like sheep being led to slaughter.

I suppose it to be true then "there is one (or 50) born every minute".
Old 12-21-2005, 04:12 PM   #116
seiler
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: at&t

you could help us all in the future by not wasting our time in telling how the product is to expensive for you (which is understandable) and by leaving behind your many accusatory comments.....the facts are you dont use pocketday you havent tried pocketday sports so how are you helping anyone on this forum about this topic if you dont have any knowledge about the product... i thought thats what we are supposed to be trying do for each other here...happy holidays to all....
Old 12-21-2005, 10:12 PM   #117
auser
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703
Carrier: verizon

I installed the version of PDP with the sports feeds. SOme bugs I've noticed and would like to know if anyone else is having similar issues. For the record I'm using Nextel's 7100i

1. Battery Drain- May battery doesn't last long at all, a few hours 6-7 hours.

2. Unable to set the Auto Refresh Times. I can set it, but the changes don't save when I exit the sports feed of the app. Therefor its constantly synching every 15 minutes. Which is why I suspect the problem with #1

3. When I try to set the Auto Refresh times to "00" I get and error and the appliccation closes. This may be by design? if so, kind of harsh way to close the app...
Old 12-21-2005, 10:38 PM   #118
auser
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703
Carrier: verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiler
you could help us all in the future by not wasting our time in telling how the product is to expensive for you (which is understandable) and by leaving behind your many accusatory comments.....the facts are you dont use pocketday you havent tried pocketday sports so how are you helping anyone on this forum about this topic if you dont have any knowledge about the product... i thought thats what we are supposed to be trying do for each other here...happy holidays to all....
Relax. I personally want to hear opinions, positive and negative. This is a forum, not a PR campaign for PD. Don't get me wrong, I love the app...but I also want to hear the good and the bad, and how other people see it. If I wanted on PR stuff, i'd go to crossriversystems.com :0)
Old 12-21-2005, 10:57 PM   #119
crs

auser...The refresh settings only save when you click the OK button. You will know the refresh is active because when you hit the trackwheel, Cancel Refresh shows up. The refresh only goes from the time you say OK until the end time. If the Cancel Refresh is not on the menu then it's not refreshing automatically.

I posted a new update yesterday. I can't get 00 for the refresh time and I can't reproduce a crash either.

The battery will surely drain quicker when you set the refresh on as it goes out over the network. The battery life generally sucks on Nextel devices when using the network as well which isn't helping...
Old 12-22-2005, 02:36 AM   #120
Toddboy71
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: tmo

Tredgrad lives in Tahoe ( at least that's what he claims in his profile!) Perhaps he should be out chasing snow bunnies on the slopes, as opposed to gracing the forum with his dribble. I've wasted more than $40 worth of my time reading his insanity.....And how can anyone who thinks Joe's Hometown Gerbil Juice can compete with Starbucks?!?!??! I'm not accustomed to ripping an apparent conservative, but there are bad apples in every bunch!
Anyways, off my soapbox.....
Closed Thread