BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 10:04 AM   #61
marksponsler

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

Please Login to Remove!

I have to agree with oodude. I bought the PockMac for Blackberry last summer. It has never worked as advertised. Tech Support is poor.
Old 05-20-2006, 01:58 AM   #62
rawk
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Has anyone else experienced the random jumbling of contacts? After a handful of syncs with PocketMac you go to call a client and get an ex girlfriend that you would never call again, but you won't know what contacts were messed up until you call one.
Old 05-20-2006, 05:53 AM   #63
BBAdmin
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: .
Carrier: .

I can image their tech support is below par at the moment due to RIM's licencing and therefore a rise in demand for the product. In the log term RIM's involvement is likely to make the product more stable and include more features. I'd stick with it for now and lets face it, if you're a Mac user, it's not like you've got any choice (apart from dual booting to Windows on and Intel Mac).

Old 06-27-2006, 06:10 PM   #64
Dale Emery
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130e
Carrier: Verizon

Quick update- PocketMAc still stinks. Wife just bought a 7290 and we have had the same problems as the posters above. We'll try a couple more times, then I'm just going to reccommend to every prospective customer to stay away if they have MACs. I understand that usually there isn't a problem, but if you aren't on a BES and there is a problem.....

PS- Love my 7130 w/PC!

Last edited by Dale Emery; 06-27-2006 at 06:16 PM..
Old 07-11-2006, 03:36 PM   #65
zneria

Model: 7520
Default Horrible

I too would have to call this app horrible. I tried to sync it and it hung up on my contacts. It also completely fried my Blackberry. I could see was the Nextel logo as it would not go the homescreen.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:22 PM   #66
larry91403

Model: 8320
Carrier: Tmobile

I have been using PM for about a month and now with no issues. My only question is - why does it only sync about 4 days out on the calendar? There does not appear to be a way to set that.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:14 PM   #67
schalliol
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
Carrier: AT&T

Mine syncs out forever it seems. My recurring events do seem to be there in 2050.
Old 08-22-2006, 07:14 PM   #68
emrecio

Model: 9000
Thumbs down Pocketmac still stinks for 8700

Warning, a Rant:

I bought this software over two years ago, and it still doesn't work. I don't use anything fancy like daylight, entourage or anything. Just simple iCal, iCal Task syncing is absolute rubbish. I have opened god knows how many tickets with these people, and after asking me for all of this information - including mysending them tarballs of pertinent files, either they delete my account, remove my ticket, or just don't respond at all. I hope blackberry isn't paying this guy anything for each download because they're wasting their cash.

/end rant.

Now, after the latest attempt to get calendar working with tiger even, i've run the "datapurge", "syncpurge" application and now I CAN'T SYNC ANY ENTRIES. It says:

[NOTE: this exception originated in the server.]
Invalid parameter not satisfying: [[NSFileManager defaultManager] fileExistsAtPath:_ISDDataDirectoryPathForClient(_d ataDirectory, nil)]
Merging local records with device records failed. Will not continue.
Old 08-22-2006, 07:17 PM   #69
emrecio

Model: 9000
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBAdmin
I can image their tech support is below par at the moment due to RIM's licencing and therefore a rise in demand for the product.
I had it back when you still had to pay for the product (several years ago) their tech support sucked then too. I've opened several tickets over the years... NONE resolved it issues. I would post tarballs of pertinent files, etc. go back and forth with all their requests, and they would just delete my account, or never get back to me. It's the biggest waste of money (and time) ever.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:15 PM   #70
gteague

Model: 8320

those that experience no problems with pocketmac must have very low expectations, is all i can say. i literally cannot believe some of the first posts in this thread where some admin has 75 users and none with a single problem.

i've used this app since i got my 7100t and paid full price for it. actually i used an app from the same company for an earlier non-blackberry phone when they were just a couple of people in a small office in california with programmers in taiwan or somewhere. you could actually talk to the founder, but he'd have to call the programmers and then get back to you.

anyway, the program is an affront to mac programming style in so many ways it's hard to begin. non-standard menu positions, locked windows which don't remember their position. windows which bounce around in the dock and send out alerts and beg for attention because they are not the top window.

the only reason anyone would ever use this application is because it is the only game in town. you folks who are getting it for free need to quit whining because many of us paid a lot of money to put up with its many idiosynchrocies.

i've learned that the first thing you need to do before your first sync is to set the option in the 'advanced prefs' to overwrite the handheld. otherwise the handheld will delete all your entourage data. once you have the device sync'd with entourage you can go back to sync mode, but be sure to set the 'changed item' dialogue so you cn make sure the app is not keeping the wrong item.

i couldn't believe that a reputable company like rim would buy such a pos app from such a fly-by-the-seat-of-the-pants outfit. but i'm sure it let them say in ads that they now support the mac. yeah, right.

/guy
Old 10-29-2006, 07:35 PM   #71
mennosbao

Model: 8700g

What are the "PocketMacSecureNotes" in the Notes menu??
Old 10-29-2006, 07:36 PM   #72
mennosbao

Model: 8700g

Hi all. I have installed the last release of PocketMac last yesterday. It's pretty cool respect the previous version. I've seen that it's also possible to install and uninstall apps into the blackberry. I tried this feature, but i've a problem uninstalling one app. In the log i've seen that occurred an error and the program can't unistall the app! I tried also to go into the advanced settings of the BB, but the app don't appear in the list! Can someone tell me what can I do for uninstalling the app from my BB?
Old 10-30-2006, 11:15 AM   #73
roccitman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100t

Can you tell us more about the app and what BB you're using. Version numbers and where you installed it? It may be that an app installed on a PC has to be uninstalled on a PC, don't know.
r
Old 11-02-2006, 12:17 AM   #74
33Nick

Model: 8100
Default Blackberry Hacks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sempai
Gotta tell you, PocketMac has never once failed me here.

I used it to sync against iCal/AddressBook, Entourage, and Daylite.

Is that a book?

So far, I think the software is beta not prime time. At the very least, it is still not working well with the 8100.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:04 PM   #75
Jamfris

Model: 8300
Carrier: Movistar

something weird happened to me with my 8100... the first time I tried to sync my BB with pocketmac... It worked great! I had all my contacts on my mobile... now, I'm trying to do the same with another 8100 the same as mine... and ti didn't work... neither worked again with my own...

I'm astonished...

I think I'm gonna take the dust from my PC and use the PC desktop manager...
Old 11-06-2006, 03:59 PM   #76
reemas

PocketMac is trash.

Since installing:
Computer won't always shut down
screen saver will freeze
Syncing is inconsistent at best and unreliable
Stupid work arounds, reinstalls and other hassles required everytime

Anyone disagree? I guarantee you haven't looked closely. i.e. made changes to the BB and then synced, etc.

Only the basics works (sometimes): which is when creating and syncing a NEW entry. Otherwise, changes and updates don't always work.

I hope soon, apple or some other company can offer users a viable option. Maybe Markspace will do something?
Old 11-06-2006, 04:50 PM   #77
Activator

I already posted this in the "Major PocketMac Issues" thread, but i'll post again here:

I got PM to work on the 2nd try, and it has worked flawlessly since then. I get two-way synching of my address book and iCal. That's all I need, so I'm happy.

One thing I found is that a POWERED USB hub makes a BIG difference. No more "not enough power" messages and the phone mounts and synchs every time, even with the SmartMedia card in the phone and mounted on the desktop. (A supposed "no-no".)

One other thing is that PM needs to make a "PocketMac" calendar in iCal before it will two-way synch. This is what happened on my "2nd try", and I believe it is what allows the perfect two-way synching since.

I bet that there is some software conflict that is the reason that some folks are having trouble... something that those people have installed... maybe the palm desktop?
Old 11-07-2006, 02:01 AM   #78
roccitman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100t

Activator--

I am getting decent syncs /after some work/ with PM, iCal, and Daylite. It took me a little while to get things straight.

I never thought to mention the PocketMac calendar in iCal, that's what mine has always been, I changed it once and it freaked out. Anyone had any other experience with this?

There are some things that are odd about the whole situation: 'work' numbers get changed to 'phone' numbers, some tasks get a little tangled. And I usually have to choose 'Restore All' when syncing notes or they get deleted. My tasks seem to magically change behavior and the alarms get stripped out...

But for now, It's doing a decent job of contacts and calendar items, so I'm...can't say happy but, hey, it's a free product so my expectations are low.
-roccit
Old 11-07-2006, 06:05 PM   #79
Activator

Hopefully they will release an update that addresses these and other issues.

PM is NOT perfect, but then again, I had a Treo and used The MissingSync, which was not too perfect either. Occasional doubled events and contacts, etc.

Mac gets the short stick with all this stuff, but you'll have to pry it from my cold, dead hands!!!
Old 11-07-2006, 06:09 PM   #80
FroogleThis
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint PCS

as mac tries harder and harder to break into the Enterprise scene, we might get a few snippets here and there thanks to the glam execs who like the Apple logo and fully believe in all confidence that Apple's never crash or get a virus.
Closed Thread