Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 01:51 AM   #1
stuartgreen

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: EE/ Orange
Default New App Notifications crashing my phone

Please Login to Remove!

Over the last few months I've suddenly started receiving on my email notification of new Apps, When I click to delete them they lock the phone up and I have to remove the battery to reset.

I have no idea why I now get these, I didn't before and I've had the phone 3 yrs. I can't request not to get them or anything else for the above reason. I've even deleted BB World to see if that stops them but it doesn't

Any ideas please
Old 04-14-2014, 09:24 PM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: New App Notifications crashing my phone

Somewhere on some site you gave information that allows the adds to be sent to your phone. You might try a wipe to reset the phone and hope the reset clears any link on any app you added.
also try to see if any of the adds have a link you can see to contact the sender directly by phone call. I would not do anything via email.
If you do know the name of the sender company try posting it here an maybe another OP can give you more info.
Old 04-22-2014, 03:18 AM   #3
stuartgreen

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: EE/ Orange

Well I wiped the phone and reloaded an old backup from before the notifications started. Still receiving them. If I open them there is no option to stop or any info, just lists of apps I don't want. If I delete they lock up the phone. I've not been on any sites or clicked on anything to have started receiving these, i don't use the phone for anything other than phone calls. the main culprit seems to be Apache Tec and a couple of others.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:51 PM   #4
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

Searching the internet it seems there are various spammers using that name. More detail on the message might help someone on the Forum help.
Closed Thread