Old 06-27-2005, 03:50 PM   #1
Legros
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: Telus/Bell/Rogers
Unhappy BES 4.0 Groupwise multiple folder redirection

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,

We are using BEs 4.0 sp1 and Groupwise for some time without major issue.

One thing that seems to act weird is the folder redirection/synch in the cabinet. Some users have a lot of folder in their cabinet and the synch is not stable. Some message are there and other don't. Made some test on my side and i must say that i don't understand how it work.. It seems that if I put a msg in a folder from the blackberry it's ok it synch without problem on both side. If i do the same operation from GW, it's not always working.

We did check the folder redirection for each folder in the blackberry but it didn't solve the issue...

Any clue or known limitation on the number of folder we can redirect to the blackberry?

tks
Old 06-28-2005, 09:19 AM   #2
bfrye
BBF Veteran User

Model: OU812
Carrier: Nintendo

Not that I know of. I have about 50 cabinet folders, about 20 of which I choose to redirect and it's always worked fine for me.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:35 PM   #3
Somnambulant
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7520

Reconciliation issues from GroupWise to Handheld after upgrading to Service Pack 1 are common, if you don't upgrade the gwcma1.dll (can't begin to stress how important it is to have the correct version of this file).

Check C:\Novell\GroupWise\gwcmal1.dll - this file size should be 1797kb. If it's not this file size, obtain the newest dll at:

http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/se...i?/2970884.htm
Old 07-13-2005, 02:22 PM   #4
MrInfoSys

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legros
Hello,

We are using BEs 4.0 sp1 and Groupwise for some time without major issue.

One thing that seems to act weird is the folder redirection/synch in the cabinet. Some users have a lot of folder in their cabinet and the synch is not stable. Some message are there and other don't. Made some test on my side and i must say that i don't understand how it work.. It seems that if I put a msg in a folder from the blackberry it's ok it synch without problem on both side. If i do the same operation from GW, it's not always working.

We did check the folder redirection for each folder in the blackberry but it didn't solve the issue...

Any clue or known limitation on the number of folder we can redirect to the blackberry?

tks
I'm running BES 4.0.1 SP1 and I think I'm seeing the same problems as you. I have users that have rules in GW that move messages into specific folders but when they view their BBs the messages are showing up in their inbox. We called BB support and they explained that this version of BES does not support GW rules but said the NEXT version will deal with this. No ETA on the next version though. :(
Closed Thread