visortgw
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Please Login to Remove!

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 8830)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoppergirl
I've experienced so many problems with the last update that i think I may wait this one out. I do not want any new problems on top of the ones I got last time. Plus the last one did not automatically back up things and put them back ...thank goodness I had backed up my BB myself and could reload things. This last one wiped out my calendar and my Password Keeper, just to mention a few.

RIM must be desperate for us to update I received 6, yes I said 6, notifications in 2 days.
My guess is that both RIM and Big Red are beginning to feel the financial effects of the huge number of "bricked" devices from the 30 March OS release! So much for the VZW test process that takes months more than other carriers...
Old 04-21-2010, 10:48 PM   #22
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcr3d View Post
The update seems to have fixed my browser click issues. OTA was the only way to install the update. But doing so its now consumed the 14mb of memory, any way of deleting the update files now?
I think you regain the 14mb after a battery pull or 2. That's what happened to me with the original 5.0.0.591 update.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:09 AM   #23
coachmeeks
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon

Help, since the update my blackberry BBM ringtone wont stop if I push the trackball or any key, it plays to the end no matter what. Help.

I still have to double click on some web connections.

Also, I lost the 15MB to the update and did not get it back for several days even with the battery pulls. It finally started to show back up over 100mb last night! weird!
Old 04-23-2010, 08:25 AM   #24
tduffy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

update did not fix my browser issues.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:11 AM   #25
wmeyer51
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tduffy View Post
update did not fix my browser issues.
What kind of issues are you having with the browser?
Old 04-26-2010, 09:17 AM   #26
coachmeeks
Thumbs Must Hurt

There are some web links that I can click on and they open. Other web links you have to click many times before it will open or go to the link, very bothersome!
Old 04-26-2010, 01:27 PM   #27
bridgecard
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: vzw

i did the platform update (Thursday) and after a day (Friday) my phone got an error message and would not reboot. i don't know if this was due entirely to to the update or not but i opened password keeper and exited and got a white screen said error 591 i think and gave me the option to reset. then never rebooted. so vzw is shipping me a new phone.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:30 PM   #28
cscott44

Model: 9930
Carrier: Sprint/Verizion

I upgraded to the latest Verizon os and the browser click problem is worse than ever. The update definately didn't fix that. Hope there is another update soon. I have to click a link 4-5 times before it works.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:09 PM   #29
PressureDrop
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: dr01d
Carrier: Verizon (LTE!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cscott44 View Post
I upgraded to the latest Verizon os and the browser click problem is worse than ever. The update definately didn't fix that. Hope there is another update soon. I have to click a link 4-5 times before it works.
That is totally weird - mine seems to be fixed completely
Old 04-26-2010, 10:28 PM   #30
surfgrom04
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cscott44 View Post
Same for me.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:15 PM   #31
shoppergirl
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Prev Alltel...now Verizon

Well my daughter updated her phone wirelessly week before last when we all got the notifications. Last night overnight it became possessed apparently because when she got up this morning it had a white screen and App Error. She pulled the battery 3 times trying to get it to come back up. It restarted itself 7 times which was every time she touched the trackball after rebooting.

I called Tech Support and they were no help. Plugging phone into computer and trying to connect to DM did no good because DM wouldn't recognize the phone at all.

Took the phone to a Verizon store and the rep said we need to run recovery program. She did that but the phone is still acting up. And when she did this recovery it wiped the Task Mgr, Memo Pad and all games off phone. Rep had no explanation other than to say, yeah that's happened everytime we've run this recovery.

I had backed the phone up a week or so ago so I had to restore the backup info so my daughter would have her contacts and all since the recovery wiped everything.

Tonight after trying to reload the games, Memo Pad and Task Mgr the darn thing did the white screen and App error message from this morning.

We have had nothing but problems with the Tour on Verizon. Wow I wish I could have Alltel back...at least we had great reception with them and my Blackberry worked without all this drama everyday! I wish we had gone with AT&T when Verizon bought Alltel!!
Old 04-26-2010, 11:47 PM   #32
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmeeks View Post
There are some web links that I can click on and they open. Other web links you have to click many times before it will open or go to the link, very bothersome!
It seems to me if you position the cursor just at the top of the link area, or just at the bottom it works. But sometimes it's tricky to get just the right spot.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:10 AM   #33
gschoelles
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550
PIN: 3188B3A0

All the 5x updates have completely screwed with my calendar sync and the last one lost most all of it.
Closed Thread