Old 02-12-2010, 11:44 PM   #21
iamp

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobil

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmn View Post
hi folks. i have a problem with my curve 8520. the battery life has suddenly gone from lasting about 5 days to less than a day. something must be wrong somewhere. i have probably done something to it myself and don'tknow how to undo it. the phone is less than a month old. any ideas? bearing in mind i am a non-techy.

cheers guys,
bryn
well I called t mobil and did a trouble shoot with them. they wound up send a new phone. after recieveing my new phone basically have the same prob battery didnt last but maybe 8 hours. today did a lilttle test turned on wifi for one hour. my battery went from 95% to 80% in one hour i turned it off and battery has been at 80% for 2 1/2 hours with about 15 min of talk time.
i'm gonna calle tech support 2maro someone else should too to compare results.. thanks
Old 02-13-2010, 01:11 PM   #22
unclefester
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamp View Post
well I called t mobil and did a trouble shoot with them. they wound up send a new phone. after recieveing my new phone basically have the same prob battery didnt last but maybe 8 hours. today did a lilttle test turned on wifi for one hour. my battery went from 95% to 80% in one hour i turned it off and battery has been at 80% for 2 1/2 hours with about 15 min of talk time.
i'm gonna calle tech support 2maro someone else should too to compare results.. thanks
As stated above, wifi and bluetooth are big battery eaters. The results you are experiencing are normal and i dont see why you have a problem with them. Staying at 80% battery for 2 1/2 hours with talk time is pretty darn good
Old 05-05-2010, 01:56 PM   #23
roupz

Model: 8520
Carrier: BSNL

HARD RESET... try this with care...

backup device using BB desktop manager> connect data cable> give some software updates> while loading disconnect data cable> device may show error(RED) LED> now remove battery> connect data cable> wait till it shows no battery icon(30 seconds)> now insert battery without removing data cable > restart application loader on BB desktop manager> wait till it reloads and recharge battery to the maximum

Restore all your device data with saved one...

it really works...

Last edited by roupz; 05-05-2010 at 02:07 PM..
Old 05-24-2010, 12:10 PM   #24
lacey86

Carrier: Vodafone

Im having some problems with my BB Curve 8520 battery life. I had problems a few weeks ago but after closing my apps properly and turning off wi-fi it was fine (about 24hrs life). But in the past couple of days it started again, the battery lasts about 2hours after a full charge, until the battery sign is empty. I've closed every app that was open, bluetooth and wi-fi are both off and i wouldnt even say im a power user! I have no idea what to do now to sort it......oh and the only recent change ive made is buyin a 4GB memory card.

Any ideas?
Old 05-29-2010, 04:17 PM   #25
lacey86

Carrier: Vodafone

I bought a new battery and still i have the same problem!!! Nobody got any ideas??
Old 06-07-2010, 03:36 AM   #26
karpov17

Carrier: smart

My BB8520 battery lasted for less than 6 hours. Is this normal? I'm a fanatic of twitter and facebook. My Outlook email is also activated here..

Are these applications eat the battery life faster?

Help me please..
Closed Thread