Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 02:00 PM   #1
PRDATR

Model: 8530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Default BB won't sync with Outlook 2010

Please Login to Remove!

I am new to BB and have a 8530 which I recived at my new job. I also got a laptop with Win Ver 7 and 2010 ver of Outlook.
I have done all the BB updates but get an error after the sync with Outlook and no info is transmitted.
The error is "No available message stores". We do not have an IT person in our office. Should I take my laptop and BB to the local Verizon store?

Thanks
Old 07-11-2010, 02:21 PM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Wirelessly posted

Last I heard Outlook 2010 is still not supported by desktop manager.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:11 AM   #3
PRDATR

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
Wirelessly posted

I went to BB's site but their support is limited to typing in a question which is filtered for canned responces. The local Verizon tech suport wasn't much better.
Is there some way I can get tech support without having to pay for it from BB? Seems to me there should be support (live chat?) with a brand new purchase.
I hate to have to delete Office 2010 and purchase an earlier version just to get this thing to sync with Outlook.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:15 AM   #4
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

Outlook 2010 is currently not supported, there is no time frame for resolution.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 07-12-2010, 10:28 PM   #5
dondraper

Model: Tour
Carrier: Verizon

Well I can tell you how I am dealing with the problem. I am dropping Blackberry and moving to a better PDA. Obviously, RIM is unable to keep up everyone else so their demise is already in progress. Pretty soon they will be like Palm...you do remember them don't you?
Old 07-13-2010, 06:51 AM   #6
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRDATR
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
Wirelessly posted

I went to BB's site but their support is limited to typing in a question which is filtered for canned responces. The local Verizon tech suport wasn't much better.
Is there some way I can get tech support without having to pay for it from BB? Seems to me there should be support (live chat?) with a brand new purchase.
I hate to have to delete Office 2010 and purchase an earlier version just to get this thing to sync with Outlook.
Draven's confirmed DM still doesn't support Outlook 2010, but I also believe there is something on blackberry.com, maybe a knowledge base article. At any rate, there won't be a work around, except to sync with something else that is supported. Don't pay for support.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:23 AM   #7
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

From another thread, thanks to Rambo:

From the BlackBerry Knowledge Base, Document KB20654"

"Currently, Microsoft Outlook 2010 is not supported with BlackBerry Desktop Manager 5.0.1. As a result, the BlackBerry Desktop Manager may report that Microsoft Outlook is not installed, or it may not be able to open the message store.

This is a previously reported issue that is being investigated by our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available."

KB20654 - View Document

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 07-13-2010, 12:20 PM   #8
orionlearn

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint

So I upgraded the CEO's laptop to a new Dell with Windows 7 and Office 2010. It would not let me setup the sync parameters giving the same error as the rest of you. I honestly could not believe that BB would not be setup since the beta has been around so long. So, I called Sprint to see what they said.

After one hour, I was finally escalated all the way to RIM. When I reexplained the problem, the cat acted like he had never heard of the problem before because I had to explain it twice. He then said that he had to check his internal resources. A few minutes later, he came back on the line very formal and said, "Office 2010 is not supported!" I said, "You are kidding right?" He repeated word for word. I asked if there was a prognosis for the time to fix. He repeated what he said word for word. After I tried a couple of other human and subhuman requests, he asked if there was anything else he could help me with.

I don't know how to read this other than my CEO is a wet hen! Can you imagine the top communication platform not being ready for the top contact management software....Is there something else going on here...a lovers quarrel maybe?

Looks like we are going to go away from BB corporate wide. We have had so many problems with upgrades and desktop manager stuff that it looks like we are going to make the move to Android. Can't say I mind even though it is a lot of work. We will be converting the CEO to see how all that goes. We are ordering a G4 HTC EVO and will try to get everything functional with MS Office 2010.

Not sure if this helps. I have to admit that I have been geeking for a long time and this has to be the strangest hiccup I have every seen.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:52 PM   #9
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW

My CEO has Win 7 and Outlook 2010... and his BlackBerry is syncing fine. Why? Because we have a BES.

Many people seem to forget that RIM's primary target audience is the corporate world... and the corporate users are typically in BES environments.

I'm not a RIM apologist by any stretch of the imagination... but some of you need to put things in perspective.
There's simply not going to be all that many users with Outlook 2010 syncing their Blackberry via Desktop Manager. There will be some, sure, but the percentage of these users compared to BES users is going to be minuscule in comparison.
This is most likely why there's barely any RIM support for this issue right now.

RIM even provides a free version of BES for those prosumer types who want to experience the full capabilities of their handheld. Might want to look into that as an option if it suits your particular environment.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by penguin3107; 07-13-2010 at 12:53 PM..
Old 07-13-2010, 04:00 PM   #10
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin3107
My CEO has Win 7 and Outlook 2010... and his BlackBerry is syncing fine. Why? Because we have a BES.

Many people seem to forget that RIM's primary target audience is the corporate world... and the corporate users are typically in BES environments.

I'm not a RIM apologist by any stretch of the imagination... but some of you need to put things in perspective.
There's simply not going to be all that many users with Outlook 2010 syncing their Blackberry via Desktop Manager. There will be some, sure, but the percentage of these users compared to BES users is going to be minuscule in comparison.
This is most likely why there's barely any RIM support for this issue right now.

RIM even provides a free version of BES for those prosumer types who want to experience the full capabilities of their handheld. Might want to look into that as an option if it suits your particular environment.

Just my 2 cents.
I was thinking along those same lines ... (1) BES users won't have a problem, and (2) how many out of everyone else use Outlook, not to mention how many will be continuing to use Outlook? I know I have it on our desktop because I've always had it, and I was able to upgrade cheap. But on the netbook I use something else, and I see myself leaving Outlook eventually for other solutions for personal use and doubt I'll buy another copy. And I imagine RIM is seeing that trend in it's surveys.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:38 AM   #11
PRDATR

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin3107 View Post

Just my 2 cents.
I had to Google BES and don't know who/what RIM is ( explanation would be appreciated) but the last company I worked for was a Fortune 100 Company with 25,000 employees worldwide and used Outlook so I have to imagine there are a few BB users.
My current employer has ~75 employees and about a dozen BB's but I am the first to have Win 7 and we only have a part time IT guy who comes in a couple of times a month leaving us nontechie types to fend for ourselves. Thank God for Google, but it takes a ton of time to research issues like this one in an attempt to come up to speed (over two weeks so far).
If someone would be kind enough to explain BES and what to do to make it work (and possible drawbacks), how to purchase it and cost, it would be helpful to me and the others whom our company is going to hire as we are experiencing some decent growth.
As a last resort I am scheduled to have Outlook 2010 uninstalled and the 2007 version installed tomorrow.

I find it unfathomable that this is even an issue at this point as BB have had similar problems for two years. I equate this to purchasing a new car only to find out you have to go through 20 steps to get the jack to work when you get a flat tire.
Rant off.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:01 AM   #12
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

RIM = research in motion = the people that make blackberrys

BES = blackberry enterprise server = expensive

Old 07-15-2010, 11:11 AM   #13
PRDATR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightDraven View Post
RIM = research in motion = the people that make blackberrys

BES = blackberry enterprise server = expensive

Once quick search on Google can I found this, and yes waaaay expensive.
BlackBerry Enterprise Server Software
Old 07-15-2010, 01:18 PM   #14
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRDATR View Post
Once quick search on Google can I found this, and yes waaaay expensive.
BlackBerry Enterprise Server Software
Check out BES Express 5. It's free.
It installs directly on the Exchange server if you want to.
It supports up to 75 devices when installed on the messaging server, or 2000 devices when installed as a stand-alone server.
Again, it's free, and the CALs are free also.
As an added bonus, you can use a BIS data plan on the device as well.

Last edited by penguin3107; 07-15-2010 at 01:20 PM..
Old 07-16-2010, 12:23 AM   #15
James Ackland

Carrier: Telstra
Default Blackberry 9000 wont sync with Outlook 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRDATR View Post
I am new to BB and have a 8530 which I recived at my new job. I also got a laptop with Win Ver 7 and 2010 ver of Outlook.
I have done all the BB updates but get an error after the sync with Outlook and no info is transmitted.
The error is "No available message stores". We do not have an IT person in our office. Should I take my laptop and BB to the local Verizon store?

Thanks

Help!

I have exactly the same problem. my BB9000 works fine with Outlook 2003 but with Outlook 2010 (and Window 7 64 bit professional) i get the same 'no available message store' error. Can anyone please help?
regards,

James
Old 07-16-2010, 04:40 AM   #16
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

James, there is no help. It is currently not supported. Nothing you can do.

Old 07-16-2010, 05:46 AM   #17
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Wirelessly posted

There are other solutions. Just not Outlook 2010 right now. As Draven says, and the others have said, that's the way it is and no way around it, yet.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:23 PM   #18
Jerryjon

Model: Storn
Carrier: Verizon

RIM's answer is crap. The 64bit version of Outlook 2010 was syncing just fine with my Storm 2 UNTIL I had to replace my BB with a new one. Now it won't sync.

I shouldn't have to dowload the 32 bit version of ANYTHING to sync my device, and RIM isn't planning to release the fix until next month, with a 64 bit version not planned until 2011. Beta editions of Office 2010 have been available to end users for months to developers longer than that.

RIM's inability to have a new release of their desktop software available to coincide with the release of O2010 is corporate arrogance at its worst.

Last edited by Jerryjon; 07-16-2010 at 11:24 PM..
Old 07-17-2010, 06:09 AM   #19
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerryjon View Post
RIM's answer is crap. The 64bit version of Outlook 2010 was syncing just fine with my Storm 2 UNTIL I had to replace my BB with a new one. Now it won't sync.

I shouldn't have to dowload the 32 bit version of ANYTHING to sync my device, and RIM isn't planning to release the fix until next month, with a 64 bit version not planned until 2011. Beta editions of Office 2010 have been available to end users for months to developers longer than that.

RIM's inability to have a new release of their desktop software available to coincide with the release of O2010 is corporate arrogance at its worst.
Arrogance?
Old 08-01-2010, 02:27 PM   #20
ietmac

Model: 9700
Carrier: Telstra
Default Blackberry won't sync with Outlook 2010

My Blackberry 9700 won't sync with Outlook 2010. There was no problem with Outlook 2007. Any solutions?
Closed Thread