Old 05-05-2006, 12:02 PM   #81
allenranger2
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700g
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleland
Yup, I accepted both on the web, and on my handheld...again, could it be that my google talk and AIM password and login are the same?
I doubt it...hmm, not sure then. I'm sorry

BB 8700g & 9000 Bold AT&T
Old 05-05-2006, 01:06 PM   #82
Steve

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint

Wirelessly posted (Cingular-Blue 7290: BlackBerry7290/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/101)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenranger2
Folks, on Google Talk, if you receive Server 302 error, that is probably because your TCP does not contain an APN address. Please go into your Options, and depending on your OS, you may need to go into advanced options. Then get into the TCP area. If you're on T-Mobile, APN should be wap.voicestream.com. I'm sorry, not sure about other carriers, but do a search on top for APN.
Cingular-Blue here (webclient).

Our GoogleTalk (and Google Maps for that matter) works without setting the carrier's APN on my wife's BlackBerry nor mine. I understood that it uses the BlackBerry APN without regard to carrier the like BlackBerry Messenger.

IP-Relay and i711 wireless are 2 third-party softwares that require our carrier APN. That's one reason I don't use them often.

YMMV,
Steve
Old 05-05-2006, 01:28 PM   #83
Steve

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint

Wirelessly posted (Cingular-Blue 7290: BlackBerry7290/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/101)

I was also disappointed to see it spewing the auto-invites by way of the transports.

Luckily they bounce. So you have to wait until the mailer fails on it's own :(

Try deepdarc's transports.

Steve
Old 05-05-2006, 02:33 PM   #84
da funk

Model: 8700c
Default AIM Transports

This has been a very helpful thread - thanks.

I'm interested in hearing which AIM transports people are currently finding most effective. Deepdarc.com sounds like one.
Old 05-07-2006, 12:27 PM   #85
lmc0434
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
PIN: 30160EB8
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

i had issues with the google talk-i switched to deepdarc.com it all worked but now i get three copies of someones response to me any ideas..I cant register for the former one i was using it is not available
Old 05-09-2006, 04:44 PM   #86
driguez
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100i

can someone repost another link for this,its dead

Quote:
3.Unzip the following archive to the Miranda directory under Program Files.

PIN: 401269DB
Googletalk: driguez77
Old 05-11-2006, 09:18 PM   #87
jungleland
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: BOLD
Carrier: At&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmc0434
i had issues with the google talk-i switched to deepdarc.com it all worked but now i get three copies of someones response to me any ideas..I cant register for the former one i was using it is not available

I followed the exact steps outlined here, and it did not work...I just get an invite on my google talk program, but my AIM buddy list does not show up.

What do I do?
Old 05-12-2006, 03:55 AM   #88
lambdacoreaz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: 304AEE5F
Carrier: VZW

you have to make sure that you made a jabber account on miranda as well so you can log onto and view the clients you can choose from...actually i believe there is a website with a bunch of jabber host servers from all around the world for ever app possible lol...i forget the site but if i find it i will post...
one little mistake in the steps and your buddy lists wont show up...so heed my word of caution...and just try everything over and over until you finally get it...

on another note i have been having a fallout with aim.jabber.anywise.com
and its pissing me off...anyone have any other good servers besides ones previously posted? and anyone know how to unsubscribe...the options arent showing up in the agents box so i cant unsubscribe
Old 05-12-2006, 01:19 PM   #89
jungleland

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambdacoreaz
you have to make sure that you made a jabber account on miranda as well so you can log onto and view the clients you can choose from...actually i believe there is a website with a bunch of jabber host servers from all around the world for ever app possible lol...i forget the site but if i find it i will post...
one little mistake in the steps and your buddy lists wont show up...so heed my word of caution...and just try everything over and over until you finally get it...

on another note i have been having a fallout with aim.jabber.anywise.com
and its pissing me off...anyone have any other good servers besides ones previously posted? and anyone know how to unsubscribe...the options arent showing up in the agents box so i cant unsubscribe

I assume that's step 4 in the to do list on this thread??? If so, I did that, and nothing...
Old 05-12-2006, 02:09 PM   #90
lambdacoreaz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: 304AEE5F
Carrier: VZW

what servers are you using...once you're on miranda and you add the transports just log off, make sure they show up in the box below and say subscribed...
then log off and your BB should go insane with inviting everyone on your buddy lists...if not...tell me more about whats going wrong, i know its frustrating but...you'll get it soon! =)

7105t>8320>9530 whats a curve?
Old 05-12-2006, 02:22 PM   #91
jungleland

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambdacoreaz
what servers are you using...once you're on miranda and you add the transports just log off, make sure they show up in the box below and say subscribed...
then log off and your BB should go insane with inviting everyone on your buddy lists...if not...tell me more about whats going wrong, i know its frustrating but...you'll get it soon! =)

I have registered deepdarc.com, jabber.anywise, evilrealms, netlab.cz...they are all registrd and show up on my BB's google talk list, but my AIM buddy list is not showing up...
Old 05-14-2006, 10:00 AM   #92
eegray

Model: 7130e
Carrier: Verizon
Question

I am having no problems with using Google Talk for AIM. The server I'm using is jabber.anywise.com

I found the best way to set this up is through miranda. I tried Psi (i use an iBook G4) and was having no luck and was becoming frustrated. But then I decided to download Miranda on my bf's PC and try to setup everything that way. Well it work perfectly, with 10 times less frustration than Psi. So if you are a Mac user, like myself, but have access to a PC, setup everything on the PC.

I also made sure I was signoff of any instances of Google Talk and AIM. I even turned off the wireless on my phone and signed on to AIM from a different location to make sure I was signed off (the AIM Admin. message pops up if youre not). I think this also helped the process.

But, my question is how do I setup a profile? Right now my profile says "I am a PyAIM-t user with no profile set." I was wondering if I have to go through Miranda to do this or if setting a profile just isnt possible at this time.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:23 PM   #93
SarratoreA

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon
Wink Got it working on my 7130e

Thanks all . . . this forum was a great help getting GoogleTalk/AIM working on my bb. I used the PSI instructions and followed steves advice on deepdarc.com. Originally I was having problems with my contacts not being online when I knew they were, and when they were online getting 2 or 3 of the same replies - so I switched to deepdarc.com and no problems as of now.

Y'all are great!

Alana
7130e Verizon
Old 05-16-2006, 04:49 PM   #94
nez
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers

any ideas on how to remove the light bulb avatar that other people see?
Old 05-20-2006, 09:32 AM   #95
wibbly
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile UK

Ok, so

1. What's the assembled opinion of the best Jabber server for MSN? nedbsd.nl? deepdarc.com?

2. Also anyone tried to use the Yahoo! BB client fopr this? Is the UI different from the Google Talk client anyway?
Old 05-20-2006, 10:20 AM   #96
wibbly
CrackBerry Addict

.... nedbsd seems to be much more responsive, but I'm getting every message I receive twice on the Google Mail BB client
Old 05-20-2006, 01:08 PM   #97
jungleland

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleland
I have registered deepdarc.com, jabber.anywise, evilrealms, netlab.cz...they are all registrd and show up on my BB's google talk list, but my AIM buddy list is not showing up...

still need some help on this...

thanks
Old 05-20-2006, 02:59 PM   #98
edittman1

Model: 8800
Carrier: ATT

Ugh.

I've installed Google Chat on my BB, works great with gmail account.
I've downloaded Miranda.
I've put the rar file in the Miranda folder.
I've entered the GMAIL info in the Jabber settings.

What the heck else do I need to do to get this to work!?

Please ping me on blackberry messenger if you can. My pin is in my sig. Thanks!
Old 05-21-2006, 08:06 AM   #99
wibbly
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wibbly
Ok, so

1. What's the assembled opinion of the best Jabber server for MSN? nedbsd.nl? deepdarc.com?

2. Also anyone tried to use the Yahoo! BB client fopr this? Is the UI different from the Google Talk client anyway?
Got it all working with the GT client using PSI on the desktop. My learnings are

1. You have to have a gmail.com account. The BB GT client doesn't like UK googlemail.com addresses. Google looks at your IP address when you register and won't let you select a gmail.com address if it thinks you're in the UK.

2. I tried a gmail address "john dot seymour dot blackberry @ gmail.com". PSI/talk.google.com/Jabber didn't want to know (too long? too many dots?). I even tried an on-line Jabber client, which also failed. I then signed up a new address of the form "11 chrs dot 2 chrs @ gmail.com" and that worked fine. An older address of the form "7 chrs @ gmail.com" was also ok...

3. Using the MSN transport at jabber.anywise.com seems the best so far. Earlier probs of recived messages being duplicated seem to have gone too.

Last edited by wibbly; 05-21-2006 at 08:08 AM..
Old 05-21-2006, 10:59 PM   #100
vistate

Model: 7130
Carrier: bell

any way to do this with out google chat sending out invites to every single one of your msn contacts?

Was kind of annoying seeing 50 emails going out to people who weren't even on my current msn listing....oh well :P
Closed Thread