Pentarus
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Red face

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
Yep....I posted that a little ways up the page.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/afte...tml#post569736
Oups... I should try to keep up!!!
Old 06-15-2007, 03:22 PM   #202
drporf
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: att
Default reply

Ok guys, jusy to be clear. When I hit "r" to reply to a message it allows me to type a response. But...when I attempt to send the reply it only gives me the option to save as draft. I have to exit the out of the smartberry view and into the original view to reply to the message. Is anyone able to reply to a message in the "smart" view? I have the purchased product, not the beat. Thanks
Old 06-15-2007, 03:30 PM   #203
bostonnerd
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: z10
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by drporf View Post
Ok guys, jusy to be clear. When I hit "r" to reply to a message it allows me to type a response. But...when I attempt to send the reply it only gives me the option to save as draft. I have to exit the out of the smartberry view and into the original view to reply to the message. Is anyone able to reply to a message in the "smart" view? I have the purchased product, not the beat. Thanks
Works okay for me on an 8800. Hitting "r" takes me out of Smartview and back to the default message reply screen to compose and send.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:36 PM   #204
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

Mine takes me out of the smartview email view as well, but if you only have one email address to reply to it will work ok. If you have two it will have a problem if the mail was received on a different message system than what is in the default. eZainny has been great about fixes and updates so I'm sure he'll have a fix shortly.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:39 PM   #205
jocelyn
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Airtel

nice work eZaine! as mcd says, I m luving it

Just fix the bugs and you're my hero !
Old 06-15-2007, 03:55 PM   #206
jocelyn
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Airtel

me too having issues with the Reply thingy :( Am sure you'll provide a fix soon.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:05 PM   #207
cellguy

Model: 9800
PIN: 25F09CFD

Does this not work on the 8300? I tried loading it using DM; said there were no available programs.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:59 PM   #208
trevor1189

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Ok, I found the spot where you activate it. How long is the trial for? Is this a limited version with only part of the features?

When I try to reply, it says you need 4.2 to reply. Not use the shortcuts, but just to reply in general. That is no good.

Last edited by trevor1189; 06-15-2007 at 05:07 PM..
Old 06-15-2007, 05:47 PM   #209
biggem001

PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT

question -

i see that there are many bugs with this product. If i download now, will updates be free?

cause to be frank, i wont download until all the bugs are fixed if you dont get it for free.

and if you dont get it for free, i would recommend to everyone that dont get it until its bug free

Last edited by biggem001; 06-15-2007 at 05:49 PM..
Old 06-15-2007, 06:11 PM   #210
trevor1189

I' not exactly sure how this reply problem didn't show up in beta.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:28 PM   #211
Klotar
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700R
PIN: On Request
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klotar View Post
I only used "R" to reply. I first sent myself an email from another account, then replied to it from within the SmartView screen by pressing "R". Then I checked the other email account, and it came through fine along with the original message at the bottom. The only possible anomaly I noticed just now is that my copy (on the BB) doesn't show the message I'm replying to at the bottom, but it is there (as confirmed when I recieved it on the other end).

Again, I am only trying this using the latest beta, I will test the release version tonight ASAP.
Okay, I just downloaded the release version from Mobihand and ran it through it's paces using "R" and "F". I did not try out 'reply to all' because I didn't write/test any emails of that nature and since most of my email accounts I was testing with are set up in BIS, I didn't want to spam myself for each test I made.

The short answer: everything worked perfectly on my 8800, using SmartView as the email viewer and "R"eplying and "F"orwarding from within the viewer.

The ONLY time I got errors (e.g. only option to Save as Draft or red x's from the network) is if I got careless in testing and replied to my reply instead of replying to the inbound email. That is, my inbox got filled up with lots of test messages as I was testing, and sometimes while viewing my outbound mail, I got carried away and pressed "R" on it and it would error out or only give me the option to Save as Draft. I got mixed up because every email displayed my name and it got hard to tell them apart unless I was paying attention to the icon; and so if I was viewing a "checkmark" outbound icon email (signifying I was viewing my own outbound reply instead of an inbound "envelope" icon email), then of course that didn't work. This is the only time I got errors or save to draft prompts. If I replied to inbound emails, I had no problems and test read the replies on the other end. No emails got lost, all emails had original messages below it, etc.

eZainny will probably shoot me for testing methodology (or lack thereof), but all I can tell you is that the release version I just downloaded from Mobisoft works fine on my 8800 as best as I can tell.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:37 PM   #212
jr956678

Model: 8110

Quote:
Originally Posted by onth View Post
Also, everytime I send an email, I had an "new mail" icon on my home screen which I DONT have any email, I have to keep pulling my battery to get rid of the new mail icon.
I can't say - yet - whether the replies I have sent reached the intended recipient but I have an Auto Bcc: set in BIS and I did get the copies of what I sent so I'm hopeful the recipients got my replies.

But I too had the problem with Messages saying I had two new messages but they couldn't be found anywhere - I now know they were the replies.

I also had to pull the battery to get rid of them.

This is a real bug - close to fatal - as I count on the message indicator.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:05 PM   #213
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggem001 View Post
question -

i see that there are many bugs with this product. If i download now, will updates be free?

cause to be frank, i wont download until all the bugs are fixed if you dont get it for free.

and if you dont get it for free, i would recommend to everyone that dont get it until its bug free
it seems that no app is bug free. The issue is that the reply is pulling the default messaging system not the current messaging system. I would bet this will be fixed soon and I would be QUITE surprised if he didn't offer the fix to everyone.

The workaround is very simple. Just escape out and reply from the regular mail. While it's kind of a big bug, it's not that inconvenient of a bug. When it first came out in beta it had no reply at all. Patience.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:27 PM   #214
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Occasionally I get placeholders instead of the pictures. Then I escape out and open again and the pic will load. Any ideas why?
Old 06-15-2007, 07:39 PM   #215
eZainny

Carrier: Optus

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
Occasionally I get placeholders instead of the pictures. Then I escape out and open again and the pic will load. Any ideas why?
Hi All,

It seems like a few people seem to be having a problem with the reply functionality. The first problem seems to be that when you perform a reply, the default email address is used to reply rather than the email address the message was received on. The second is that for some people, the send option is not available in the reply screen.

I believe the the cause of the second problem is actually the first one. So if the first one is solved the second will go away. The second one seems to manifest itself when the a default message service is not configured on the device properly - so the email program tries to use this, finds it is not available, and doesn't let you reply.

Unfortunately, the problem appears to be with RIMs API they give us developers to use rather than being specific to my application. Chalk another one up for RIM. I'll be working hard today to come up with a fix and if I can find one will be notifying everyone up here and making an update available.

Otherwise, I'll be knocking on RIMs door and giving them another ear bashing

Cheers,
eZainny.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:55 PM   #216
trevor1189

Quote:
Originally Posted by eZainny View Post
Hi All,

It seems like a few people seem to be having a problem with the reply functionality. The first problem seems to be that when you perform a reply, the default email address is used to reply rather than the email address the message was received on. The second is that for some people, the send option is not available in the reply screen.

I believe the the cause of the second problem is actually the first one. So if the first one is solved the second will go away. The second one seems to manifest itself when the a default message service is not configured on the device properly - so the email program tries to use this, finds it is not available, and doesn't let you reply.

Unfortunately, the problem appears to be with RIMs API they give us developers to use rather than being specific to my application. Chalk another one up for RIM. I'll be working hard today to come up with a fix and if I can find one will be notifying everyone up here and making an update available.

Otherwise, I'll be knocking on RIMs door and giving them another ear bashing

Cheers,
eZainny.
Why no reply support for OS 4.1? It is stupid if we can use the program to read messages but we have to use the default one to read them.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:58 PM   #217
eZainny

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevor1189 View Post
Why no reply support for OS 4.1? It is stupid if we can use the program to read messages but we have to use the default one to read them.
Oh yeah, I totally agree - if I had my way, all OSs would be able to do reply. The problem is RIMs OS 4.1 email reply/forward functionality they give us developers to use is even more buggy and less functional than 4.2. It's a real uphill battle with RIM, every step of the way.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:23 PM   #218
queritor

Carrier: Cingular

I've come across two problems with this program so far.
  1. When deleting a message from within the viewer, I am not prompted whether I want to delete from handheld only, or both desktop and handheld. It looks like it just deletes from the handheld which means I have to then delete it from the desktop manually.
  2. The connection test failed when I selected BES/MDS even though I am using MDS successfully in all other internet connected applications (including the browser).
Old 06-15-2007, 08:29 PM   #219
eZainny

Hi queritor,

Please email us at [email address] where we can follow up on this.

Regards,
eZainny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by queritor View Post
I've come across two problems with this program so far.
  1. When deleting a message from within the viewer, I am not prompted whether I want to delete from handheld only, or both desktop and handheld. It looks like it just deletes from the handheld which means I have to then delete it from the desktop manually.
  2. The connection test failed when I selected BES/MDS even though I am using MDS successfully in all other internet connected applications (including the browser).
Old 06-16-2007, 01:34 AM   #220
drporf

Carrier: att

thanks for your attention Ezanny, I'm sure you"ll get to the bottom of these issues.
Closed Thread