Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 11:02 PM   #1
Andyn
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: BOLD
Carrier: AT&T / Verizon
Default BOLD or new 3G iphone?

Please Login to Remove!

Just got an e mail from Apple that the new 3G iPhone will launch July 11th. Torn between staying with my BB and holding out for the BOLD or going with the iPhone....Decisions, decisions........Seems certain now the BOLD will launch after the 3G iPhone from AT&T. Guess this announcement cements the fact BOLD will launch after iPhone.

www.twitter.com/SgtAndyNorris
Old 06-09-2008, 11:06 PM   #2
korndog2003
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: none
PIN: ddew1q
Carrier: AT&T

Im going with iPhone... Just sold my old iPhone 8GB for $395 and My iPod Touch 16GB for $275
Old 06-09-2008, 11:09 PM   #3
dankarlinski
BlackBerry Master

Model: 1
Carrier: 1

i would wait for both with a public release to make sure there are no problems with either. i have a feeling there will be battery issues with the iphone but thats just my opinion
Old 06-09-2008, 11:39 PM   #4
Tara One

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobile

decisions, decisions...I cant decide!!!
Old 06-09-2008, 11:42 PM   #5
stranger
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: rogers(thiefs)

iPhone for me. the price is the deciding factor for me. no way Bold can come in that low.
July 11th i gotta be changing the signiture and visiting this site alot less.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:55 PM   #6
kmccarthy

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger View Post
iPhone for me. the price is the deciding factor for me.
How much are they going to put the 3G iphone out for?
Old 06-09-2008, 11:58 PM   #7
b00st3d

Carrier: at&t

bold...

iphone2 still cannot do MMS, record video, no bluetooth stereo, no cut and paste, and NO BLACKBERRY CONNECT! i send a lot of mms messages and i use my curve for bluetooth stereo A LOT.

Last edited by b00st3d; 06-10-2008 at 08:14 AM..
Old 06-10-2008, 01:19 AM   #8
208GadgetGeek

I got the news of the new iPhone this afternoon. I'm not even impressed. I'm saying this and I'm a hardcore Apple user. I love all of their products and I think the iPhone has a ways to go before it can compete with a Blackberry. I've used blackberrys for a long time and I bought an iPhone in April. It's a fantastic device for a lot of reasons but it just isn't the workhorse of a device for a professional on the go.

I went back to my blackberry for two reasons... Email and the keyboard. The keyboard on the iPhone is good enough but when ya need to bang out a long email or ya send A LOT of texts in a single day ike I do... the iPhone keyboard (and the predictive text) is a pain in the butt! And about the email... I just didn't like the idea that there could be emails in my inbox and I wasn't getting them instantly.

The BOLD will blast the 3G iPhone out of the water. It might be a bit more expensive but who cares...I'm anxiously waiting for the BOLD to hit the AT&T stores.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:05 AM   #9
Kris2009
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
PIN: 2061289B
Carrier: Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankarlinski View Post
i would wait for both with a public release to make sure there are no problems with either. i have a feeling there will be battery issues with the iphone but thats just my opinion
There are still issues with the Bold's battery also.

As I mentioned previously, I have an evaluation unit (one of two sent to us) and both of them have extremely weak batteries. After speaking to RIM, steve assured me that when it is released all the issues will be sorted and we should see fairly powerful batteries.

As an example, I was using my Bluetooth Stereo Kit the over the weekend so I can control the music from my Garden. Unfortunately the bettery only lasted just over 90 minutes. On a side note, the range was incredible. I have a 30ft garden and with the windows open I was able to change tracks from the end of the garden.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:36 AM   #10
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!

I would be willing to bet that RIM's final device will pack more power than what they gave you to evaluate. No way RIM will deliver a device with poor battery performance.

You got to love Apple selling some models of the iPhone2 for only $200 dollars. I wonder if they will give you an extra battery for it! <vbg>
Old 06-10-2008, 06:43 AM   #11
ghettochild

Model: n/a
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggebhardt View Post
I would be willing to bet that RIM's final device will pack more power than what they gave you to evaluate. No way RIM will deliver a device with poor battery performance.

You got to love Apple selling some models of the iPhone2 for only $200 dollars. I wonder if they will give you an extra battery for it! <vbg>
Here you go again taking yet another cheap shot at the iPhone. How about reading the iPhone specs? Then again, you wouldn't let facts get in your way of iPhone hating.

Sad. You.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:46 AM   #12
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!

yep, here YOU go again!

Did they add cut and paste to the iPhone2? They must have, right?

Last edited by greggebhardt; 06-10-2008 at 06:48 AM..
Old 06-10-2008, 08:05 AM   #13
sjohns2
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820

Wirelessly posted

Probably going with the iPhone, but as I type this post on my BB, I'm now having 2nd thoughts.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:08 AM   #14
sjohns2
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820

Wirelessly posted

Probably going with the iPhone, but as I type this post on my BB, I'm now having 2nd thoughts.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:11 AM   #15
wgimenes

Model: Storm
Carrier: Vodafone

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjohns2 View Post
Wirelessly posted

I have customers with iPhones and have to say that I can't stand the keyboard. Don't think that the apps are that good either.

My BlackBerry Curve is much easier to type, built in GPS which is quite handy with Google Maps and my synchronisation with my Outlook/Exchange Server/BES is excellent.

I would not chose an iPhone over a BlackBerry in a million years.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:13 AM   #16
Rat_Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by korndog2003 View Post
Im going with iPhone... Just sold my old iPhone 8GB for $395 and My iPod Touch 16GB for $275
Maybe I am stupid or something, but what MORON would pay $395 for a 1st Gen Iphone right now?
Old 06-10-2008, 08:17 AM   #17
Rat_Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgimenes View Post
I have customers with iPhones and have to say that I can't stand the keyboard. Don't think that the apps are that good either.

My BlackBerry Curve is much easier to type, built in GPS which is quite handy with Google Maps and my synchronisation with my Outlook/Exchange Server/BES is excellent.

I would not chose an iPhone over a BlackBerry in a million years.
Yes, but the new iPhone 2 has GPS and will supposedly sync with Outlook Exchange.

It is a tough decision, to say the least.

I just wish Blackberry had a MobileMe type of thing where I could go on the web, and access my email, contacts and calendar and have them all synced to the phone.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:17 AM   #18
Blackberryer

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

I'm a first gen iPhone owner and I'm very happily switching back to BB when the Bold comes out. iPhone is a great device, but I'm warning BB owners who are switching that it DOES NOT do the stuff we love on BB's well. If you prefer the iPod and browsing features, then switching is fine. But for everything else, BB's are better.

Warning about the phone portion of the device: it's terrible. I thought the sound quality was okay at first but then when I played with a Curve for a while people couldn't believe the difference. One sounded like a landline, and the iPhone sounded like a 1997 cell phone.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:24 AM   #19
wgimenes

Model: Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat_Boy View Post
Yes, but the new iPhone 2 has GPS and will supposedly sync with Outlook Exchange.

It is a tough decision, to say the least.

I just wish Blackberry had a MobileMe type of thing where I could go on the web, and access my email, contacts and calendar and have them all synced to the phone.
But you still have that awful keyboard.

I also use mScorecard to keep track of my golf scores. Works on Nokias, Palm, Windows Mobile and BlackBerry. Does it have an iPhone version? NO.

iPhones are a nice gadget, I grant you that.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:38 AM   #20
enrich2u

Model: 8100
Exclamation

The BOLD is always on my mind..
The BlackBerry Bold is the buzz word right now in the world of BlackBerries. As most probably expected AT&T is to gain the BlackBerry Bold, also known as the BlackBerry 9000 before anyone else in July with the price tag of $300.00. While Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile customers will have to wait until September.
Closed Thread