Old 10-26-2010, 08:40 PM   #1
Craigatitus

Model: 8120
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default Torch Web Browser Cache?

Please Login to Remove!

Hello

Something funny is happening with the web browser on my Torch and I'm sure there is just some setting that needs to be changed or extra cache cleared.

When I browse to m.engadget.com the website works normally, when I click on one of the news links it takes me to the www version of the page instead of the m version.

This worked a week or so ago...I believe it was the clicking on the link at the bottom of that page that takes you to the full www version of the site that caused this since it started around the same time.

I did go into the options of the browser and tick off all the options and cleared the cache. I even did a battery pull to see if that would help.

Any other ideas or tips?...other then just browsing the full site

Thanks
Craig.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:38 AM   #2
epsilon

Model: 9800
Carrier: Cosmote S.A.

Hi Craig,

cache has nothing to do with this. i tried opening this page from other phones as well and i get the same results. it's not BB related. It's just the fact that links on m.engadget.com are pointing to full html site rather than the mobile site. open the page from your normal browser and hover your mouse over the links and see at the bottom what i mean.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:55 AM   #3
Craigatitus

Model: 8120
Carrier: Rogers

Engadget must have changed this then...hmmm

Thanks for pointing it out for me...I thought maybe it was detecting the more advanced Torch browser and said you don't need to go to the mobile site