BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 10:43 AM   #1
cmpugh
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon
Default I have made a personal decision...

Please Login to Remove!

As a long time Verizon Wireless customer and gadget freak I have been through many heartaches and pains, seeing Cingular and TMobile come out with phones that can do everything but fly you to the moon.

I have made a personal decision that I am going to start carrying a man purse/book bag everywhere I go... you ask why am I doing this?

1) I am going to home depot today after work and buying a 50 mile telephone cord so I can carry my house phone with me wherever I go. Beat that for call quality.
2) I am carrying my laptop with me everywhere I go for WiFi, personal organization and all music listening needs. I won't be as archaic as to carry around a CD player... Be realistic folks...
3) I am carrying my 5 MP digital camera with me at all times, just in case I come across something I "have" to take a picture of.
4) I am going to start carrying one of those casio AM/FM radio / TV sets. Maybe I'll spring for the color version
5) all above related software hardware shareware to make me the most connected, organized, unrealistic, person on the planet.

This is what I (along with others) have been asking for over the past several years while waiting for the "perfect device."

It has been my experience that there is no such thing as the "perfect device." NO MATTER WHAT comes out, people are always going to want more.

Well I have had enough (at least for the time being) of seeing everyone but Verizon get all the fun Blackberry's... YEA YEA YEA... you say "well Verizon is more business driven" (I am guilty of saying that myself). You folks keep telling yourselves that... whatever helps you sleep at night. I think there is a fine line between marketing consumer products and business products.

But will I leave... Probably not... That's why this is the RANTS AND RAVES section of the Forums.

Just needed to get that off my chest.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:06 PM   #2
kasperapd
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Do you feel better now???

Please try a Search
Old 01-23-2007, 07:09 PM   #3
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

Thats why I dumped verizon as soon as my contract was up and changed over to T-Mo.... Verizon is bad if you want the new BB's....

AND

You are correct there is NO perfect device out there.... Everyone has different wants and needs in a device so perfect to one person is a shortfall to others....

Old 01-23-2007, 07:39 PM   #4
cmpugh
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon

Kas: I feel much better thanks...

Lunk: as far as the perfect device goes... it doesn't exist, and probably never will, but I want it... ha
Old 01-29-2007, 11:14 PM   #5
Aroc
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: 20878533
Carrier: ATT

None of these devices will replace a notebook computer. So come to grips with that now. In all but the most extreme cases, most people will still need to carry both (I do).

You need to switch to GSM ASAP! We switched from Nextel/Verizon to Cingular for just this reason. Either Cingular gets all of the cool phones (or else we acquire unlocked GSM devices to use). Either way it's win-win. Plus coverage outside of the United States is good. +1 for Cingular. +1 T-mobile.

They don't make a perfect device. The solution is to upgrade. As often as it makes sense. For some it's every 2 years. For others it's every year. Every device is flawed on one way or another. These handhelds won't replace notebook computers for a while. So get used to that. I think they like selling devices to us too much for them to make a perfect device.

Ideally we want a full desktop computer in the palm of our hands, has instant on functionality, push email, native MS Office apps, full VPN, full HIPAA, long battery, fits in one hand, weighs under half-pound, works on all networks (u.s., rest of world, japan, korea, unabomer's stack in montana, wifi, tin-can-and-string-ethernet)
Closed Thread