Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 12:10 PM   #1
Pug

Model: 7105t
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

Please Login to Remove!

Wirelessly posted

Afternoon all have an unlocked 7105t on rogers network my plan has unlimited mobile email & unlimited on device browsing only i don't know how to get to the rogers browser to use these features called rogers they won't help unless i get bb plan. So what i've done with this sites help so far is updated my o.s to 4.1.0.377 installed opera mini 4.2 set my tcp to apn- internet.com username:wapuser1 password: wap everything seems to be working properly i can browse anywhere on opera mini although it scares the bleep out of me not knowing what it's costing me. So i need to get to the rogers browser where its free please help thanks.

okay didn't change any settings now it won't access the internet with opera mini,error message tells me can't access internet inside or outside firewall blocked by it policy, is this rogers or internal to the phone this is fun isn't it okay did the mepd test says everything is unlocked so the phone can't still have an it policy (Right)???

Last edited by Pug; 03-06-2009 at 01:26 PM.. Reason: new issue
Old 03-20-2009, 01:00 PM   #2
hrbuckley
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: LEZ10
Carrier: Rogers CA

An unlocked phone is one that can be use with any carrier (that supports the phone technology GSM, CDMA, etc). If you got you BB used, and it was on a BES it may well still have an IT Policy loaded. Options -> Security Options -> General Settings have something about the IT Policy if there is one on the device.

The Blackberry web browser is designed to work through the Rim Operations Centre using the communications support of a Blackberry Data plan, so a third party browser may be your only choice. A blackberry is not just a regular phone, there are reasons why there are Blackberry Data Plans. That said, there should be no reason for Opera won't work using the APN if you have it set up correctly. You don't need the username/password in the APN setting. It has been a while since I used Opera, but IIRC there are some settings that let you select whether it uses BES, BIS or direct TCP.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:56 AM   #3
Meyefull
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: stack Sucks
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug View Post
Wirelessly posted

Afternoon all have an unlocked 7105t on rogers network my plan has unlimited mobile email & unlimited on device browsing only i don't know how to get to the rogers browser to use these features called rogers they won't help unless i get bb plan. So what i've done with this sites help so far is updated my o.s to 4.1.0.377 installed opera mini 4.2 set my tcp to apn- internet.com username:wapuser1 password: wap everything seems to be working properly i can browse anywhere on opera mini although it scares the bleep out of me not knowing what it's costing me. So i need to get to the rogers browser where its free please help thanks.

okay didn't change any settings now it won't access the internet with opera mini,error message tells me can't access internet inside or outside firewall blocked by it policy, is this rogers or internal to the phone this is fun isn't it okay did the mepd test says everything is unlocked so the phone can't still have an it policy (Right)???
I believe the plan that your talking about is $7 for the unlimited on device browsing but the problem is that is ONLY WAP BROWSING. You can access the wap browser in the phone but Opera mini and other browsers are not going to work. I would suggest getting your self on a Blackberry BIS or BES plan so that you would be able to fully view html web pages. The plan that you currently have is for regular consumer phones, not data devices.
Closed Thread