Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 07:31 PM   #1
dukhunter99

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Tetherberry

Please Login to Remove!

I found a software package on Crackberry called Tetherberry. I have the Blackberry Plan through Verizon Wireless which allows unlimited use of the internet as long as it is directly on the phone. I have to pay and additional $30.00 per month to be able to tether it to my labtop and acces the internet. Even then, I only get 5 gigs of downloads per month. This Tetherberry looks like it by-passes Verizon and allows me to connect to the internet through the Blackberry Data Plan. Has anyone seen or used this. I'm seriously considering purchasing it. It's only a one time $45.00 fee with no tethering charges. Sounds to good to be true

I can't leave the link so I will leave the domain to the site:
tetherberry.com
Old 07-25-2009, 07:55 PM   #2
Triforce66
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
PIN: IsSharpAndPointy
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

they had it half price yesterday.. I saw a posting on slickdeals.. there was mixed opinions on it..
Old 07-25-2009, 08:08 PM   #3
DrScottyB
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330m
Carrier: Sprint

This is setting off my Too-Good-To-Be-True alarm. The only thing adding legitimacy to Tetherberry is that it's not free...

But that's how scams work. I doubt it works, but if you try it, post your findings.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:53 PM   #4
dukhunter99

Model: 9630

I looked into it some more and have discovered mixed reviews. I read more bad than good. The too good to be true prevails again!
Old 07-25-2009, 09:59 PM   #5
fonejunkie
Just me

Model: iFone
PIN: Not on my iPhone5
Carrier: iPhone5 on AT&T Mobility

One more thing... trust me on this... you may escape the need to pay for the tethered data... FOR A WHILE... but they always catch you eventually... and it's just not worth it.

And I can't speak for Sprint and their TOS, but I know that AT&T has the authority in cases of TOS violations to cancel your contract AND charge you the ETF... (and they may still bill you for the data usage...)
Old 07-25-2009, 11:59 PM   #6
orangepeel

Model: 9530

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrScottyB View Post
This is setting off my Too-Good-To-Be-True alarm. The only thing adding legitimacy to Tetherberry is that it's not free...

But that's how scams work. I doubt it works, but if you try it, post your findings.
First let me say that I don't use Tetherberry because you will probably get busted sooner or later,and it will cost too much money to take the chance,BUT it does work.I played with it on a trial just to see what my speeds would be on Verizon compared to my Sprint data card that I use.The only people (for the most part)that will have problems with the program are people that don't know what they are doing as far as problem solving,or they are in a bad EVDO reception area.As I'm sure you already know,tethering can be tricky even when you're paying for it and running Verizon/Sprint/AT&T software if you're in a fringe area.If the BB phone had an external antenna port you could plug into it and that problem would be solved....although you may need an amp to really reach out a few miles for a good signal.

These programs are nothing new,PDAnet has had a software out for years for Winmo,and Palm,and now for BB.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:02 AM   #7
orangepeel

Model: 9530

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonejunkie View Post
One more thing... trust me on this... you may escape the need to pay for the tethered data... FOR A WHILE... but they always catch you eventually... and it's just not worth it.
Words of wisdom.It won't be pretty when you get a $2000 bill FOR ONE MONTH in the mail,just to save $350 a year.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:57 AM   #8
Kamau
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
PIN: 21499CE8
Carrier: Verizon, T-Mobile

Good luck with it.
I've had mine for about 6 or 7 months, and never got it to work. I always got an error message saying "invalid pointer", then "unable to communicate with blackberry".
I am glad you brought it up though, because it reminded me to delete it from my system.

Kamau
Closed Thread