BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 09:33 AM   #1
djfrodo
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: o2
Default BB App World won't load, won't work!

Please Login to Remove!

I received a notification on BB App World about 2 weeks ago, saying there was an updated version of BB App World, so I clicked 'update'. The update didn't work, and my BB App World coincidentally deleted from my phone.
So, I tried to download the App World again but once it's downloaded I can't actually access it. When I click on the icon, it either does NOTHING..or freezes my phone, to the point where I have to do a battery pull.
I have deleted & re-installed & rebooted my phone a trillion times, but still can't get into the app world :(
Anyone any ideas what to do..before I throw the phone at the wall?
Cheers
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 07-30-2011, 11:25 AM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: BB App World won't load, won't work!

Has your Cell plan changed? did you loose the blackberry data plan? are you able to use the BB browser. If nothing changed and you can use the browser then it may be an App that is conflicting . Did you load any apps that are not for the 8900?

Throwing the phone at the wall wont help. Also check to see if you can loginto Appworld via a PC.

Last resort is to wipe the phone back to factory and reinstall your emails and Appworld.

My suspicion is you loaded something that is in conflict.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:12 PM   #3
djfrodo

Hi,thanks for replying. I haven't changed my tariff or cell plan. I have a BB bolt on & I've checked that it's still running, which it is.(It expires on 24 Aug)
I haven't downloaded any new apps in a while, but I've deleted some to see if that helps. I'm using the BB Desktop Manager to delete apps. It seems to have done something..as now the 'update icon' is showing on my screen, & I have 4 updates in BB App World, but still can't actually get into it.
To wipe the phone, do I 'restore' using the Desktop Manager? I've done the Backup, I hope lol! Unfortunately I don't have access to the internet on my laptop.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:31 PM   #4
tsac
BlackBerry God

Wipe the BB AFTER doing a backup and restore your data.
You can upgrade the OS or at least clean it up at the same time.
Once your running then try Appworld. Be careful and do only one app at a time and maybe you will find the one causing issues. I would suspect one app is not for your model.

How to wipe ALL personal data from a BlackBerry device? - BlackBerryFAQ

How do I upgrade the OS on my BlackBerry? - BlackBerryFAQ
Old 07-30-2011, 01:57 PM   #5
djfrodo

Thank you! I now have access to my BB App World. Started deleting apps one-by-one, so I know which one it must have been (Whatsapp).
I think I need to update my OS tho, cos the Desktop Manager says there is no update..but as I currently have no internet connection, it won't show any new updates. I should be able to get this sorted tho!
Thanks very much for your help, appreciate it!
(Don't know how to click the 'thanks' button, maybe it doesn't show up on mobile).
Old 07-31-2011, 10:45 AM   #6
tsac
BlackBerry God

Glad it helped.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:59 AM   #7
stephbradshawx

Model: 9300
Carrier: 02
Talking Re: BB App World won't load, won't work!

This is what my mums phone did.

Try .....

Go on the main menu, click 'options' then 'advanced options' then 'applications' then wait for the applications to load up and find 'blackberry app world'

click on it, press delete

then go on your main phone browser or preferably 'google', type in 'download blackberry app world' and so on from there and then if it asks for a reboot, allow it.. then do a batt-pull and it should work

also, if it doesn't download then once you've deleted it from 'options' > 'advanced options' > 'applications' then you should have the blackberry app world icon on your main menu, click on that and 're-install' and it should work perfectly fine.

If you still find that once youve done all of this that it still freezes then..

click 'alt' then 'l' then 'alt' then 'g' then 'alt' then 'l' then 'alt' then 'g'

so your repeating the same procedure twice, a list of stuff should come up, click your 'blackberry dots' on your handset and click 'delete' this should stop the phone from freezing, i do that procedure almost everyday to stop my phone from freezing and i've not had any problems.

HOPE THIS HELPS,

Last edited by stephbradshawx; 08-01-2011 at 06:00 AM..
Old 08-01-2011, 07:31 PM   #8
tsac
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephbradshawx View Post
This is what my mums phone did.

Try .....

Go on the main menu, click 'options' then 'advanced options' then 'applications' then wait for the applications to load up and find 'blackberry app world'

click on it, press delete

then go on your main phone browser or preferably 'google', type in 'download blackberry app world' and so on from there and then if it asks for a reboot, allow it.. then do a batt-pull and it should work

also, if it doesn't download then once you've deleted it from 'options' > 'advanced options' > 'applications' then you should have the blackberry app world icon on your main menu, click on that and 're-install' and it should work perfectly fine.

If you still find that once youve done all of this that it still freezes then..

click 'alt' then 'l' then 'alt' then 'g' then 'alt' then 'l' then 'alt' then 'g'

so your repeating the same procedure twice, a list of stuff should come up, click your 'blackberry dots' on your handset and click 'delete' this should stop the phone from freezing, i do that procedure almost everyday to stop my phone from freezing and i've not had any problems.

HOPE THIS HELPS,

Did you read any of the above posts?
Closed Thread