Old 11-20-2010, 07:52 PM   #1
MoeTee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Blackberry Bold 9700
Default Is this even possible? =*( Lost my phone

Please Login to Remove!

Sup, my 21st birthday party was yesterday! had a good time, got really shitfaced! got a hummer/limo..3bottles of Grey goose and 7beatuful women and 2 photographers and my brother and his friend and etc... then when i got home i misplaced blackberry...Ok I lost it and it got stolen.

I have thousands of dollars worth of clientele information and I did a backup on my phone at march fml and I was reminded to do it 1week ago. and I need it back i really dont give a shit about the phone itself just the files/information.

Now I think I left it in the cab, and I was getting text messages FROM my own phone to my brothers phone saying he has the phone and thanked me for giving a blackberry to him.

Now, I have a app installed that is called Wheres My Phone Pro, and when I got home me and the thief who has my phone was talking via text messages and then i offered to pay him to get it back but, no use and then i called and its either shut or battery died whatever.

A used a command from my gmail to my blackberry email to start the command to disable my phone if its been lost but what i'm saying i don't remember if I remember the codename to start the program, but when he opens the phone (if he does), it should start right? the email should receive when its on...so thats that.

Second, Is it possible to trace the phone? by using the imei number? and my service provider won't and can't do any traces. so how can I go about this?

Police report? wait till he uses the phone, and then go to a local tmobile store and see if thier is any outgoing txts/calls made so it would give me a good lead...

please if anyone has any suggestions, i really regret getting so drunk so i would pay attention more on my phone, please I am basically depressed, it has all my to'dos for school/client call backs/ etc etc and now i feel so empty

please help me
Old 11-20-2010, 08:43 PM   #2
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW
Default Re: Is this even possible? =*( Lost my phone

You can't trace the phone.
File a police report and hope for the best.
That's really all you can do.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:19 PM   #3
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Make sure you report it to your carrier ASAP, since you are liable for all charges up until you report it. Once you do that your SIM should be deactivated so the voice and SMS doesn't work and data is also turned off.

Log into your BIS account and change all of your email passwords and the BIS account password as well. You could also cancel the BIS account entirely.

And as Penguin said, file a police report as well. But if you have no recent backup, you are up the creek.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 11-22-2010, 11:25 PM   #4
littleman
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: att

I gave mine a few hours and they did make calls. I had had all 900 numbers blocked and such so all they could do is use mins in my case. So after a few hours i got online to see who my phone was calling. Called the number and threating them that they would also get into trouble.(Prolly not but they didn't know that) they told me who was calling them. Bam I got there name. I had already filed the police report so I then took in phone records and told them I talked to whoever and they went out and got my phone. I told them I wouldn't press charges if I got it back. Worked for me. ATT did say they could label the imei number as stolen. Now if you unlock it I have no clue if you can change that but I felt like it couldn't be used so I was a little happy.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Closed Thread