Old 01-26-2012, 10:50 PM   #1
Howard S.
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Changed Media Cards now I can't delete old emails

Please Login to Remove!

Anything new that comes in I can delete, but the emails that were on the phone prior to changed the media card (went from 2gb to 32gb) won't delete. I also tried on the DM, but all it gave me was an error saying to check if I was connected to the computer (which I was). I put back the old 2gb card and now the same thing happens (which wasn't happening prior to taking it out).

I did a restore of the backup I had done right before taking the card out, and everytime it gave me an error. So it definitely has something to do with those messages. Do I need to do a complete wipe? And if so, does everything get restored from the backup?

I'd appreciate any ideas you may have as it's pretty frustrating right now.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:47 PM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Re: Changed Media Cards now I can't delete old emails

I don't know what changing the media card could have to do with it. Seems like coincidence to me. Also, as far as your statement, "I also tried on the DM ..." I don't know exactly what you mean. However, I would assume you've already tried a hard reset, so the immediate issue would seem to be a corrupt email messages database.

I would do another full backup, then use desktop manager to selectevely delete the email database. Then do a hard reset. Then selectively restore the email database from before (not the one you just did) and see what happens. If you still have a problem, then repeat, but install the email database from the next most recent backup, and see what happens.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:35 PM   #3
Howard S.
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Re: Changed Media Cards now I can't delete old emails

Ira, thanks for your help. I ended up doing a wipe and started over. It fixed the problem, but naturally I had to spend time resetting things.

I think you are spot on with the email corrupted database. I couldn't delete anything (except new emails) on the device. There is an option on the DM to "delete data", and I selectively chose the messages. Just got an error message asking me if I was still connected to the internet.