Old 09-30-2008, 03:32 PM   #81
ARXXBES
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default Web Desktop failed login

Please Login to Remove!

I setup Outlook Express as per the instructions posted previously. I am able to search for people within the domain, no problem.

I'm still unable to sign in to Web Desktop. With the (apparent) release of 4.5 from our carriers, it would be nice to get Web Desktop working so that we can enforce the OS upgrade.

Who can tell me their success in actually getting PAST the login screen on WDM 1.0?

I don't get 500 errors, I see the login in plain sight, unable to pass login credentials.

HELP!!!!
Old 09-30-2008, 03:46 PM   #82
bakerfall
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARXXBES View Post
I setup Outlook Express as per the instructions posted previously. I am able to search for people within the domain, no problem.

I'm still unable to sign in to Web Desktop. With the (apparent) release of 4.5 from our carriers, it would be nice to get Web Desktop working so that we can enforce the OS upgrade.

Who can tell me their success in actually getting PAST the login screen on WDM 1.0?

I don't get 500 errors, I see the login in plain sight, unable to pass login credentials.

HELP!!!!
Did you install this on the same box as your BES? I had similar issues, then I installed it on a different server. That fixed it.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:52 PM   #83
celeb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttyrell View Post
I have been unsuccessful in getting it to run. I've been working with RIM support for three weeks and they can't figure out the problem. It's probably best to wait but you may have better luck than me.
Which issues are you experiencing? I recently took upon the project and have ran into a few issues which I was able to resolve which may help you out.

Few items to take a look at - db permissions, activex control (ie lockdown obviously causes issue) and multi domain authentication.

Let me know,
Old 09-30-2008, 04:55 PM   #84
NunyoBidnez

Can someone please help me shed some light with this ongoing problem that I am having with the Web Desktop Manager.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/bes-...-problems.html
Old 09-30-2008, 07:17 PM   #85
ARXXBES

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerfall View Post
Did you install this on the same box as your BES? I had similar issues, then I installed it on a different server. That fixed it.
Yo Nunyo... ease up on the thread hijacking, guy. You're having problems that are COMPLETELY unrelated to login... Stick to YOUR Bidnez.

Bakerfall, yes WDM is installed on the same box as my BES. I can most certainly try to install this on another box. Good call!!

I am able to pass the active-x to any client computer that hits "https://servername/webdesktop/"

Last edited by ARXXBES; 09-30-2008 at 07:19 PM..
Old 10-01-2008, 02:16 PM   #86
NunyoBidnez

Actually...the start of this thread leaves itself open for everyone to comment that's running WDM.

Anyone here using BlackBerry Web Desktop Manager 1.0?

Recommeded? Or wait for later versions

I am trying to get the thing to install without any luck. I think its a valid point for me to post here as well

I would like to find at least one person who has any useful input on an issue with Web Desktop Manager. Just wondering if there is someone else out there that is seeing anything that I am experiencing or am I just dealing with a server that is possessed.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:25 PM   #87
ARXXBES

Posting a link to another thread is bad etiquette, hands down.

I have no other option but to install WDM on another machine within the domain. I have upgraded to WDM 1.0.1 (There's a new one posted on blackberry.com) and still cannot pass login.

My environment is Lotus Notes-based, with the BES running on our Notes box, along with WDM/BBerry Admin Service.

Moving forward, can someone post their FUNCTIONAL bas.config.properties file here?
Old 03-03-2009, 01:52 PM   #88
Ugobug

Model: 8320
Carrier: att, tmobile, verizon, sprint
Default Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb009 View Post
Seeing the following error in a browser after installing BWDM. I have tried re-configuring the database URL procedure mentioned in the I&A Guide with no results. BTW the actual service (BlackBerry Administrative Service - AS) shuts down when a connection is attempted. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

HTTP Status 500 -
Has anyone resolved this error? I have tried going in and changing the SQL port number (and making sure the TCP is on) and I still cannot get past the Http 500 error as stated above. anyone else have any ideas? here is what i am running:

BES 4.1.6
Exchange 2007
SQL MSDE 2000 local instance
all the defaults (Besadmin, Besmgmt, etc)

Last edited by Ugobug; 03-03-2009 at 01:56 PM.. Reason: added quote
Old 03-26-2009, 08:47 AM   #89
Wyl

Model: 8300

I know I'm replying to an old thread, but this seems to be the main collection of WDM issues from the search results.

I installed the Blackberry Administration Service 1.01 on a test BES server (BES03 with its own MSDE/SQL Express database) and got it working with minimal fuss. After doing that "proof of concept" and playing with it using a couple of test devices, it was decided to make it available to the production BES for piloting 4.5 device code upgrades (BES01 frontend, BES02 SQL). Both test and prod environments are 4.1.6 MR4. So I ran the basconfig.bat command like others in this thread have mentioned and pointed the BAS at BES02, and after that when trying to login it failed and I got the Java exceptions like others have mentioned, and the BAS service crashes/stops.

What I finally put together in my head (the documentation on this thing leaves a lot to be desired) is that changing the database URL with the basconfig.bat file is really only to correct errors from entering the wrong info during installation, or to point it to another BES database that has already been upgraded/extended by a BAS installation. In other words, basconfig.bat doesn't update the target database with the extra table info needed to support BAS. I'm 99% sure that's *my* problem. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling BAS on my test BES03, but setup detects the local database and grays out the option to enter/change the database to a different SQL server. I can deal with that by installing BAS on a different server, which I was probably going to do eventually anyway.

Anyway, hopefully this helps other frustrated BES admins trying to get this up and running. I can't imagine I'm unique in installing BAS pointed at a test/dev server and then wanting to later change it to production, and it isn't completely obvious that the basconfig.bat command isn't going to work unless a different BAS setup had previously been run against the production database and updated its tables to support BAS.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:16 PM   #90
wistowg
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
Carrier: O2

LDAP settings here (single domain) as follows:

LDAP Server URL: ldap://<domain>:389

LDAP Search Base: ou=<all your standard settings>

LDAP User name: cn=<service account>,ou=<service account container>,ou=<standard settings>

LDAP Password: (service account password>

Hope this helps (took me a while to figure it out too)
Old 04-14-2009, 01:28 PM   #91
YoYoString

Carrier: sprint

My question on the Web Desktop Manager is does IIS need to be installed on the server running the app? In my experience for web stuff IIS needs to be installed, but RIMs documentation says nothing about this.

Also for me the LDAP search base and LDAP user name were the samething. Used my BESAdmin account with the CN=BESAdmin,OU=nameofou,=OU=nameof2ndOU,DC=domainn ame,DC=com
Old 04-15-2009, 02:36 PM   #92
Wyl

IIS is not required, WDM uses Tomcat that gets installed as part of the BAS installation.

However, I did leverage IIS to create a redirector so I could give users a friendly http:blackberry.mydomain.com URL to use rather than having them need to remember httpS:myblackberryservername/webdesktop. Maybe you could accomplish the redirector with Tomcat, I don't know. But since it was dead simple to do it in IIS I just took the path of least resistance (Home Directory tab of the default website properties, set content to redirect to a URL rather than the default local content folder)
Closed Thread